Rolling Stones 2019 U.S. Summer Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

That's when you go to Guest Services and tell them your view is obstructed. Enjoy your upgrade.

Matthew Tate and MRamble like this.
  2. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Keith needs to get his rain stick out for New Orleans. This may be the stick's biggest challenge yet!

Matthew Tate and MRamble like this.
  3. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Google, "stage left"....

stage left

on the left side of a stage from the point of view of a performer facing the audience
    So yes: Ron, Chuck, Bernard and Sasha are "stage right", and Keith and Darryl are "stage left".

But again, look at the pic from IORR.org posted by Black Elk a few posts up. Ron and Keith seem to be staying withing imaginary lines drawn back from the sides of the center ramp. It is like this for most of the show, although Ron does venture out a little ways stage right on occasion - I notice strictly at Mick's direction, as far as I've seen, but I haven't watched EVERY LAST VIDEO.

I think Keith and Ron were further apart at Roseland than they are for most of these stadium shows. So, crane problems aside, any pit view of Ron is gonna pretty much be your pit view of Keith.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

This show is considered by many to be the apex of the entire jaunt. No arguments here (although I've only seen parts).

Just goes to show you, not every night of history is historic.

RogerB and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

As of their Twitter account 20 minutes ago, the New Orleans show is still on.

6. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

(!) Grand Isle and Plaquemines Parish are both under mandatory evacuation orders at the moment.

[​IMG]

:tsk:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Matthew Tate and Stephen J like this.
  7. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident

I'm driving from Baton Rouge to New Orleans for the show on Sunday, and if anything, Baton Rouge is now expected to get more flooding than NOLA. So I may be stuck here even if the show does go on there.

Overall, my tingle tells me there's only about a 33% chance that the concert goes off as scheduled. The flooding is supposed to be bad, and we're talking thousands of cars converging from all over. That's a massive problem.

Matthew Tate and TonyCzar like this.
  8. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

A tale of two cities, via the New Yorker magazine:

[​IMG]

Caption:

Southeast Louisiana, where the Mississippi River meets the Gulf of Mexico, as it is often depicted on maps.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Caption:

What maps would look like if they showed only solid land. The light blue indicates swamps, marshes, and wetlands.

OldSoul, Matthew Tate and Stephen J like this.
  10. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

New Orleans fan vote..............

Rain Fall Down
    Little Rain
    The Storm
    Jumpin' Jack Flash

OldSoul, MRamble, Davido and 2 others like this.
  11. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Too soon.

Chris Bernhardt and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Can you not leave a day or 3 earlier?

13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

One would have thought that a go-no go decision has to be taken soon, for the sake of fans attending and the logistics of continuing the tour. They usually work with two stages these days (three in the past), and after the week break, the stages should be in place for both of the next shows (NO and Jacksonville). However, the back-line equipment moves from show to show, as does all the crew except for the steel crews that build the stages (they hop from show to show). While they may still be able to fly the band and essential equipment out either before or after a storm, the tour buses, merch. trucks, etc. risk getting stranded.

Accuweather states: "But in New Orleans neither mandatory nor voluntary evacuations will be ordered, as the city's mayor advised residents to shelter in place."

With the exception of the West Coast dates at the end of this tour, there are crazy movements back-and-forth:

New Orleans -> Jacksonville, FL -> Philly -> Houston -> New Jersey -> Denver -> Seattle -> Santa Clara -> Pasadena - Glendale, AZ -> Miami

Matthew Tate and TonyCzar like this.
  14. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

15. DavidD

DavidD Forum Resident

Q: How does one cast a vote for fan selection? I'm headed to the Seattle concert and would like to get in on it, if at all possible (short of ever signing up for Facebook).

16. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

The vote song option appears on the Stones' website a few days before the next show. The link is:

The Rolling Stones | Official Website

but is currently unavailable -- which could be due to the fact that this show may have to be cancelled/postponed.

Matthew Tate and waaguirr like this.
  17. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Do you have tickets to the show?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Wow! There are l-o-t-s of tix still available for Sunday's show!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Not for New Orleans, no.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

N.O. is not a Stones town. The Superdome was half-empty when they last played in 1994. I'm totally guessing Sunday's crowd - 10,000?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

It will probably get bumped to the final 2019 Stones show after Miami 8/31. Saints hosts a pre-season NFL game 9/9.

Plus it will help with sales. Superdome was very full when they played in the 70's/80's.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I don't really know that anybody in the Stones party is going to get stranded here. This storm is going to cause some problems, and could cause some flooding for the city, but its not going to be in the vein of Katrina to the rooftops. The next stop for the band is Jacksonville. That's not too far from here to drive, even at the last minute, maybe about 6 or 7 hours. They could drive overnight and get there by the next morning. I can't imagine it takes 5 days to set up some backline stuff and get merch trucks unloaded.

As far as the stage.... I've read they have 2 stages this go round. New Orleans is getting the stage that was in DC. The Boston stage is already on its way to Jacksonville. Our stage has to be in Philly by the 23rd. That can be done as long as they only get delayed by a day. I'm sorry... people can hustle to put stages together.

We've been shortchanged for 24 years by the Stones. Barring putting people's lives at risk, they need to do everything feasible to put this show on. The Superdome is inside. The stage won't get damaged by a Tropical Storm. Worst case scenario, they postpone this show until Monday night and get the hustle on to get to the next stop. These tours have to have contingency plans for weather delays built into their travel days.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

How have the Stones shortchanged you?

Matthew Tate and MrGrumpy like this.
  24. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Not a Stones town??.. maybe in 1994... check out that 1981 record for the largest indoor crowd for a concert?? 87,000 in the Dome.. held that record for 30 years.

GoodKitty, laf848 and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

By playing every other big US city multiple times over in the past 25 years... I'm not talking about places like Fargo... Check most other big cities. I've had to go to Atlanta every time I've seen them since 1997. That's 5x. They've probably played Houston and Dallas at least that many times since 1995. And.. other pretty decent sized to large cities in the US have gotten them probably more than that.

Matute likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.