Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Discussion. What Can We Expect?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark Fricke, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

Adding "you don't repaint Sistine Chapel!" and "you don't add moustache to Mona Lisa" as well :D

I think it's to specify that it's not the 2015 "1+" remix.

pablo fanques, supermd and Shaddam IV like this.
  2. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Till WHAT?!? :goodie:

Shaddam IV likes this.
  3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

Till all speculative complaining moves on to the "Let It Be" thread !

4. beatleroadie

Oh boy. OK, setting my timer now.

5. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Nop! I won't buy it unless it ends with the Friar Park garden version of 'Ain't She Sweet'. It was part of the first Beatles' recordings and it should be part of their last.

applejam101 and Who Cares like this.
  6. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Thank you for the info...

Shaddam IV, autumn daze and marklamb like this.
  7. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

I would have enjoyed hearing that. ..

8. Actually, those “Hare Krishna” b/v’s are in the released version, too, albeit way down in the mix.

The fact that George did a demo, guide vocal for Ringo lends credence to the long-circulated rumors that Harrison had a huge hand in writing the song with Ringo.

9. No, they used a bootleg copy of the 45. I’m not kidding. The box set version has the same distorted sections of the song as the bootleg. They probably bought it on eBay.

10. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

yeah not gonna lie, it sounds like ****. We know Apple can make needle drops sound good (see love me do) but that was just... yeah

11. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

I'm still wondering if the integrity of the original U.K. paper label first issue Abbey Road cassette will be maintained for the Abbey Road Remix 2019 cassette offering.

My UK initial issue paper label Abbey Road cassette TC-PCS 7088 has Here Comes The Sun leading off side 1. Followed by Something, Maxwell's, Oh! Darling, Octopus's, and I Want You (She's So Heavy).

Side 2 starts off with Come Together and proceeds from there.

Integrity and what the Beatles intended.

The things I care about for the upcoming stereo Abbey Road 2019 Remix cassette.

And variable dynamics.

12. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

I think they weren't even aware of this track order change which was made to even out the sides running time.

The Ole' Rocker and Shaddam IV like this.
  13. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

I don't believe that. Probably the bootleg is the copy of the acetate that Giles used for the set...

14. The drums don’t sound watered down, but rather they are positioned very low in the mix. They have a little bit of echo on them but otherwise don’t sound muddy or indistinct. They just aren’t very loud.

Isaac Azimuth likes this.
  15. Who Cares likes this.
  16. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Ringo's also admitted as much, at least on the VH1 Storytellers special.

17. beatleroadie

Love Ringo, but most likely what happened was something like Ringo and George were hanging out, and Ringo said "George I have this idea for a song, it goes 'It don't come easy..." and he sings a little and hums for a bit. Then George goes away, writes the whole song, then brings it back to Ringo to finish the lyrics together. George giving Ringo full songwriting credit was probably just a friendly gift.

18. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Last year was:

September- Egypt Station
    October- Imagine Box Set
    November- White Album Box
    December- Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway boxes (plus the "Big Barn Box")

Amazing time to be a fan but a very expensive one too!

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

One thing that I did not make clear, by disputing @XC70 , I in no way am calling him a liar so there is no need for any defense. I 100% believe that this was the information that you were given, but the fact is, the ultimate source of my info I am so completely confident in, plus my source at UM confirming what I have, that I spoke out. Just wanted to clear that up, didn’t mean as an attack, just pointing out that it was incorrect

20. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

actually it was me, hints started like two weeks ago, and I've said something like we will get only ONE outtake (or alternate take) per song except for a few that we will get three takes:cop: which of course they are breakdowns plus one in full except for one track that we will take complete or near complete takes but in general only one per song.
    By the way, NOBODY noticed today's hint from early morning, weird, I think all of you all more interested to know if we will get 70 CDs and 30 BR with bonus Betamax tape.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  21. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Too true , mate. It was either the Lennon set or the White Album box for me. Had to go with the latter. No regrets.

22. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Hey @maccawings, some people are jealous of the fact that yourself and @mikecarrera get inside info, this nitpicking started with Sgt Pepper then The White Album and now Abbey Road. Don't let the idiots grind you down they are an embarrassment to this forum.

23. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Your hint about "Something"? Probably got lost in everybody's arguing...

omikron and theMess like this.
  24. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

No worries, we are good!! But thank you!

25. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

You mean it’s not a 65 8 track tape set????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.