Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

They could use a car design again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Imo, they won't use artwork that is tied to a specific album. TEY used a simple stripe that was used from a gear van. The flight case during the Gilmour era would makes sense as sort of a follow up using that same idea.

But I could be wrong. These next ~3 weeks are going to be so slow!

3. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

I have just finished watching my Knebworth bootleg special edition DVD. All the songs which were televised on MTV/ITV/BBC etc
    The band were on top form that night Sorrow is brilliant people knock Gary Wallis for jumping around on stage etc but his playing on Sorrow add's so much to the drumming and overall sound of that song same as he did in 87-89 and during 94.

Comfortably Numb that version has to be one of the best live versions of it. I have always liked it from the first time i saw it after getting into PF its a superior solo to Pulse IMO.

The intro to RLH is so good that tone David used during 87-94 is so good and add's to build up.

Hopefully we get the complete show if not even if we get CN-RLH on Blu-Ray & audio i would be happy Sorrow would be a bonus. But the show does need to be considered restored picture and audio doubtful, but a new edit to include more shots of Richard.

I guess we will find out soon enough what its in this box set.

4. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

I also.really like Knebworth 1990! Comfortably Numb is epic! I'm hoping all 7 songs will be included even though Great Gig in the Sky is pretty rough if I remember correctly.

St. Troy, tedhead, rontoon and 2 others like this.
  5. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

Yep very rough Great Gig this is the only known footage of it thank fully awful performance of it

superstar19 likes this.
  6. floydfan2410

I understand If they choose to avoid including this performance, but it would be nice to have as a historical document and just to have the complete show intact.

7. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

True i agree with you there but i can't see it being included Money on the other hand potentially but again highly doubtful and i am not expecting it, would be a nice surprise if it was to show up seeing as that pro shot footage from Knebworth has never been seen before except on the big screens that night.

8. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I really want a disc full of all the TBS material / jams etc.
    Hearing David jamming on his red Strat is what made me fall in love with the band in the first place (that and the Venice concert), so that's what I'm most hoping for.

Runicen, RangerXT and Azza200 like this.
  9. xXFloydianXx

Yes, more TBS jams, that's what would be nice. I actually prefer the original TBS 14 than what was actually put on TER.

RangerXT and NunoBento like this.
  10. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

Venice has been on my wishlist to get a proper offical release the moment i got my bootleg DVD to be able to see it in superior picture quality and audio is a long time waiting for if it is finally included and released.

I agree TBS 14 is better then what was put on TER

RangerXT, NunoBento and xXFloydianXx like this.
  11. floydfan2410

Agreed, There's something very special about the Venice concert, and to me it's a highlight on that tour. The band plays very well and it seems like they all enjoy the show a lot. I've watched it quite a few times and I can't wait (hopefully) to watch it soon with the best possible audio and picture qualily :)

SteveFff likes this.
  12. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I've not really watched it but i have the audio but really hope for a video release

rontoon likes this.
  13. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

You could be the first person anywhere to have actually played with those marbles. None of mine have even seen more than sixty seconds of daylight from the unwrap to the little string bag.

14. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I thought when it was broadcast that Rick was quite angry, the attack on the keys was very strong something that was watered down on the subsequent video/DVD

15. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

And then there were three.....

ARK likes this.
  16. Konez

Konez Active Member

Pink Floyd - A Rumpus

17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I still believe there must be more from the Brighton '72 gig than what we got previously, but somehow doubt the full show exists.

Any more info about this?

RangerXT and xXFloydianXx like this.
  18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

My suggestions:
    - A Momentary Sound Of Division Bells
    - The Endless P.u.l.s.e Of Reason
    - 1986-2014
    - High Hopes: The Gilmour/Floyd Years

19. xXFloydianXx

My dad and uncle saw Floyd at what used to be the Pontiac Silverdome on Nov. 10, 1987. They say it was the best show they ever went to.

I wish my dad was still here, this box would have really thrilled him.

RangerXT, ARK, siveld and 11 others like this.
  20. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yep. Top 5 show for me. :edthumbs:

[​IMG]

21. fluxkit

fluxkit Things that don't swing are meaningless.

We've worn the scarves, too, my son and I. They are actually nice. the marbles are good marbles, too. :)

ARK, coffeetime and xXFloydianXx like this.
  22. Incredulous_Observer

Incredulous_Observer Forum Resident

I read somewhere that the scarf and marbles were included to make counterfeiting the Immersion sets more complicated and that's the reason you occasionally get questionable additions to music box sets. That could be wrong of course but it seems to make sense.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    RangerXT, andrewskyDE, ARK and 2 others like this.
  23. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I can understand it if they do it that way. Nowadays they make cd sets in China that are very hard to distinguish from the Original. For example the Bowie box sets look the same, sound the same, are 20-25 % of the price in the rest of the world. The only difference is that the western version has a gold-like appearance.

ARK and croquetlawns like this.
  24. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I half considered wearing the TDSOTM scarf when that box arrived, I put it on and asked the missus what she thought, she told me I looked a t*t, so back in the box it went, there it has stayed.

25. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

I listened to The Momentary Lapse of Reason today for the first time in a long time.
    I hated it at first. Lack of Roger-ness must've been the reason, because he was the essence of Pink Floyd to me when I was exploring them.
    Now I made peace with this record, not necessarily as a PF album but more as a collaboration between Gilmour & Wright.
    My only remaining gripe with TMLOR is that almost all songs fade out. The 80's influence doesn't irk me, to be honest.

gabbleratchet7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.