Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Discussion. What Can We Expect?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark Fricke, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Forum Resident

Do you happen know the tentative tracklist for the 2 disc version?

Beatle Ed likes this.
  2. Flippikat

Flippikat Forum Resident

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Makes sense in a 'we STILL wanna sell copies of Anthology 3' context. I mean, after all it's still business.

The good thing is that in this day & age, it's easy to compile tracks from A3 *and* the box-set *and* any unique bootleg tracks into one collection/playlist.

planckera and arnt like this.
  3. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. I'm intrigued by the possible inclusion of the "Goodbye" demo, as it was never meant for Abbey Road.

There is one: "Something" [Demo].
    Unless they're now releasing a different demo from the one recorded on George's Birthday at EMI (which I believe was a single take).

4. XC70

XC70 Forum Resident

Unfortunately, I do not know yet.

Who Cares, Panama Jack and maandrade like this.
  5. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Thanks @XC70 !

Seems VERY interesting to me. Are we getting a different Medley mix (probably with Her Majesty at its original spot)?

Something take 39 with or without coda?

6. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Great job. Just one slight quibble. When you copied and pasted this from the source you utilized, the cassette version somehow got inadvertently left out. Unless it's going to be a last minute, after the fact, added bonus as was the case for Egypt Station.

One can hope that it could also be hidden away in one of these packages. Or in a Jack In The Box accessory. Ready to pop out and delight the unsuspecting recipient.

Isaac Azimuth likes this.
  7. Flippikat

Flippikat Forum Resident

If memory serves me right (and I dont have the tracks at hand to check), I recall the bootleg demo of 'Something' has an overdubbed piano, which I think was missing on Anthology 3.

Maybe we get it on the boxset with the missing piano overdub, as a sound upgrade from the bootleg?

arnt likes this.
  8. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

An official statement from Apple headquarters seems waaaaay more imminent than I expected, at this point :nauga:

9. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

That would be nice.
    What I don't understand is the omission of those three oldies sung by Lennon (one of which included on Anthology 3), especially considering that several jams and improvisations were included on the White Album box.

pablo fanques and RonBaker like this.
  10. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

So most likely no 6 minute long Something. That was actually be the one i wanted the most.

But instead it seems yet another Beatle track with no beatles on it. I really dislike those.

But i’ll take what i can get ofcourse. And also be happy with it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Paul H, Isaac Azimuth, Ern and 2 others like this.
  11. Flippikat

Flippikat Forum Resident

I bet a few people here are feverishly diving into their copies of "recording sessions" to check those take numbers & see what can be gleaned from the book. :)

12. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

Seems not a lot to get excited by the outtakes....

No oldies jams - unless they are included within the track being recorded.
    No You'll know my name vocal session with J+P. Gutted about this too.

RAJ717 likes this.
  13. Flippikat

Flippikat Forum Resident

Remember those two words though: "Not final".

There may be last minute changes? *shrugs*

Isaac Azimuth and applejam101 like this.
  14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Hence “most likely” and “seems”.

Fields&Lanes and Flippikat like this.
  15. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

holy mother of god :bigeek:

16. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

If ever there was a deluxe set to pad out with extras, it was Abbey Road so would have been nice for some of the oldies and YKMN(LUTN) vocal session to be included. I suppose there’s a question of quality they have to consider - as much as we want it all, would it lead to antipathy amongst the majority of the buying public should it be too much in the way of nice to haves?

Like Kim said above, I’ll be happy with I’ll get.

17. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

For those who know the sessions much better than me, is there much here that hasn’t been booted from the take numbers alone?

18. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Thanks for this list!

I'm intrigued by The Long One [Trial Edit And Mix]... Is it a previously unheard song or?

19. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

This is more likely to be the rough or early mix of the Side 2 medley, perhaps with Her Majesty in it's original place.

20. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

No, The long one refers to the long medley with Her Majesty sandwiched between Mean Mr Mustard and Polythene Pam

qtrules, Beatle Ed and andrewskyDE like this.
  21. Flippikat

Flippikat Forum Resident

Fair point :)

I mean, there was an early leaked draft of Anthology 2 tracklist that had a take of 'Love You To' listed, wasn't there?

Kim Olesen likes this.
  22. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Did "our insiders" get scooped? Time will tell.

23. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

But the problem is, the majority of the fanbase will never be satisfied. The White Album from last year was a prime example. We were given like 5 hours of outtakes and demos and yet people complained from dusk till dawn about what was missing and what should have been included.

24. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Insatiable.

25. WildHoneyPie

WildHoneyPie Here's a autobiographical song for ya

You Never Give Me Your Money take 36 seems to be in the set. This is the take they used for the actual version and it’s available on boots.This take has a killer ending jam on it which I’m glad we’re going to hear in great quality ,I remember people earlier in the thread requesting we get this version so they may have got their wish !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.