Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Discussion. What Can We Expect?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark Fricke, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

That could come in quite handy if I ever decide to record a cover of Something... o_O

[I kid, I kid...] :tsk:

autumn daze likes this.
  2. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Great lookin' tracklisting, especially Paul's demo of "Goodbye" and the trial mix of The Long One.

My wallet is prepped.

Who Cares, theMess and Lewisboogie like this.
  3. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Yes, I was talking about the 'Something' demo, there are TWO versions, one from an Acetate that has extra overdubs (all by George) and the one from Anthology 3 with less overdubs but the same demo. On this 50th anniversary box set the question is, which version we will get?.. do your homework lads!

4. multi.flacs.project

multi.flacs.project Forum Resident

Actually the crummy sounding, distorted bootleg version (RS2) has Her Majesty cut out already, and the versions that have it in the middle have been manipulated. Would appreciate that vintage mix/edit in pristine quality.

5. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Based on one of your prior posts, I am guessing it’s not exactly the same as the one we got on Anthology 3? I think Something deserved at least one studio band outtake to be included. The extended version would’ve been nice or one of the early versions before they started the remake.

6. Maybe this will settle a long running question of mine—are the cymbal crescendo rolls played by Ringo as a “band” take or part of an orchestral take with a different percussionist?

Actually, it probably wouldn’t matter, as Ringo played with the orchestral overdub musicians on the Long and Winding Road, and could have done the same here.

7. anthony_beat

anthony_beat Forum Resident

Very, very pity!

Golden Slumbers [Take 17] also strings only?

stevenson66g likes this.
  8. mikecarrera

nah, not at all, we have had this info (plus MORE NOT revealed yet, including one EXTRA physical format not leaked out yet) several weeks ago, we do respect Apple and UM, we don't want any trouble as years ago when we've leaked more and more ahead of time so we feel safe, others will be under Apple's radar, I'm glad It's NOT us.
    Even track list changed from one month to another:righton:

9. MPLRecords

My bet on this is something vinyl-related, whether it be colored or picture disc.

beatleroadie likes this.
  10. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

It will be great to hear I'm sure. I can always make a bonus disc from the Anthology CDs to include what's not here (Come and Get It, for example).

Flippikat and Lewisboogie like this.
  11. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

It may even be a 45 of "Here Comes the Sun" backed by "Who Slapped John"

Beatle Ed likes this.
  12. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Actually I'm looking forward to assembling a "Beatles Disassembled" tracklist featuring:
    Eleanor Rigby [strings]
    Penny Lane [instrumental]
    With A Little Help From My Friends [instrumental]
    Within You Without You [instrumental]
    She's Leaving Home [orchestra]
    A Day In The Life [orchestra overdub]
    A Day In The Life [the last chord]
    The Inner Light [instrumental]
    A Beginning [instrumental]
    Birthday [instrumental]
    Piggies [instrumental]
    Honey Pie [instrumental]
    Savoy Truffle [instrumental]
    Something [strings]
    Because [a cappella]

13. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Mike, I never got a chance to ask you this last year, but could you tell us what takes/tracks were removed from the White Album 50th through various track list changes?

Wingsfan2012, Lewisboogie and Calico like this.
  14. maandrade

maandrade Forum Resident

@XC70. Well, you could go there to the "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set" thread with some new info.
    Many thanks for the info to @XC70, @mikecarrera and @maccawings.

Isaac Azimuth likes this.
  15. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Now that the floodgates have opened, I guess I can safely post a picture of it.
    [​IMG]

16. mikecarrera

From the beginning the same track list remained until the end (at least the ones we got around 7 months before release date), what changed was Esher demos as a standalone release but latter changed for a Box Set along with the new mix; but we do know which ones were left out from AR50th (this time this project was kept in secret until last month to avoid any leaks), maybe we can talk about them in coming months or next year when we are safer. I was hoping 'Something Orchestral' could also be changed for an alternate take but I think it's not going to happen

17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

So, after these few leaks here (formats and tracklists) I assume an official announcement is round the corner.

18. mikecarrera

Actually no LOL, that's why I'm happy we didn't leak anything, but Apple is like Big Brother so I'm sure as we speak they are after the ones who did it.

19. J Alesait

J Alesait Forum Resident

Probably Giles wanting to highlight his father's work...

20. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Oh, okay. Would be funny if they gonna change the content completely, as a result.^^

21. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

That's just paranoid conspiracy thinking. Wait a minute. There's a knock on the

22. MPLRecords

23. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Yes, that snarky poster seems to have forgotten that a few days ago, XC70's information was that the Deluxe version contained 6 discs, and both maccawings and you refuted that. Don't worry, you don't have anything to prove. There will always be jealous people trying to discredit you.

24. XC70

XC70 Forum Resident

060254726171 The Beatles The Beatles Singles (vinyl) 23 15.11.19

25. shmuckler

shmuckler Forum Resident

I hope Giles will correct the high-end drop on the final chorus' "aaaahs" in Because, time stamp ca. 2:10.

They did it once for the a capella version on the Anthology 3. Was it the new mix or reused from "Sessions"?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Lewisboogie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.