Rolling Stones 2019 U.S. Summer Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I have not yet checked StubHub, but I should. It's pretty obvious that TicketMaster is not gonna be a fan of having scads of upper-deck "verified resale" tickets available on the seating chart for $25 when they're still trying to move $170 "Limited View" seats and back-of-floor $400's.

The TM "verified resale" prices for Philly are crazy. Can/does TM keep sellers from undercutting official inventory? Or are actual bargains getting posted then snapped up too quickly for me to see?

footlooseman likes this.
  2. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

If you ever need to find me at a Lady Gaga show, I'm the guy surrounded by totebags and laminates, with none of my own. :)

3. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

This shouldn't have put a lump in my throat, but it did. STUPID TWITTER!

Rockford & Roll and mbrownp1 like this.
  4. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Yes, TM prevents you from undercutting their standard prices UNLESS it is a sold-out show!

TonyCzar likes this.
  5. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

:realmad:

footlooseman likes this.
  6. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Yikes!

7. Rockford & Roll

Rockford & Roll Forum Resident

Very cool!

8. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Slooooow storm. Barry only moving 5-6 MPH. :shake:

9. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

3 MPH.

10. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

10,000?
    I would think there would be at least 30K, storm or no storm!!

11. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

U2 was set up on the 50 yard line, so played to half the dome and had a really good crowd. Pink Floyd was the last concert I had been to in the Superdome until U2 in 2017. Pink Floyd was set up in one of the end zones. I don't know how many people were there, but remember it being pretty packed.

GoodKitty, spinyn and footlooseman like this.
  12. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

The new material certainly didn't plus this term "ancient art of weaving" wasn't even used in the 60's and perhaps not in the 70's either, it was largely retrospective.

Chris Bernhardt and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Well, Sunday's crowd will be zero. So I was off a bit. Monday, I'm downgrading to 5,000. But it could be zero, also.

14. spinyn

spinyn Senior Member

U2 in the SuperDome on the Jushua Tree tour was fantastic, especially with the giant video screen that went across the whole stage. And tickets were like $40! That good experience convinced me sitting in the Upper Deck directly facing the PA and the huge video screens the Stones have will be fine.

Only thing is I saw tickets like I paid $99 plus fees for were selling on StubHub for $25 a day or two ago. I am half considering getting a refund from Ticketmaster if I can save some money via StubHub.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  15. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Absolutely get a TM refund. It's a once in a lifetime shot to get one over The Man.

Matthew Tate and Elliottmarx like this.
  16. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Here are the song vote choices for New Orleans.

Bitch
    Harlem Shuffle
    Live With Me
    Under My Thumb

Stephen J, The MEZ, reb and 1 other person like this.
  17. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Given how well they did "Mercy Mercy", I wouldn't mind "Harlem Shuffle".

vudicus, vcpj and The MEZ like this.
  18. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

That would would be my least favorite so they will probably play that one. :Do_O

mbrownp1 and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yeah i'd rather they play under my thumb

The MEZ and fsutall like this.
  20. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Who wants to pay $100 and be halfway back and in the ozone level? HONESTLY. I find it comical they have a SRO area all the way back for $155! The reason why The Stones don't draw in NOLA....I'm sure that damn 20% Amusement Tax plays into the equation. That was screwing us for decades. And now, the "legal" scalpers are doing their best. Here's to those greedy bastards bleeding and eating those tickets hoping to turn a profit. Shame they couldn't do what they did in 1981. Special tickets made. STRICT limit of tickets. The area HEAVILY patrolled by law enforcement and security. Sure, they didn't have the internet like they have now, but it was a joy watching the scalpers trying to unload $18.50 tickets for $5.00

And a footnote to this...funny, the artists LOVE coming here. Party, eat. But not come here for a gig? SAD

GoodKitty and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I'll vote for Harlem Shuffle as I have sentimental memories of watching the video on MTV in heavy rotation.

22. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

"How low can you go?" Mick's dancing partner was kinda hot (obviously). Wonder what became of her?

Chris Bernhardt and The MEZ like this.
  23. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

That got my vote -- I saw it once 30 years ago yikes!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Kind of answers your own question - for a lot of markets, there wasn't anything on the field or lower seating level under $200 except that standing area, and the back-of-the-bowl seating behind the field (which, in Philly at least, was MORE expensive than the rear-field GAs, $140ish vs. $170ish).

The Stones have been doing $100 upper-level stadium seats for a few tours now. I'm not defending it; I don't get it; but the places seem full. If they are papering the house to do it, that's their calculation. (And really, you can't leave the people who bought $1500 packages feeling like they got ripped off, which they just might feel if they turned around and saw that the upper levels were half empty. It would mean they paid Big Event prices for a so-so event.)

25. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Booking the Stones for Jazz Fest made sense. Superdome was them being good on their word.

You do know promoters do their own scalping, right? Cheap and expensive tickets. It was revealed that "high-volume dealers" have much of the StubHub fees waived a couple years ago in the "paradise papers" newspaper leak.

Real scalpers would get full money back after the date change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.