2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Yes - got one of those. :)

2. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

singles box reissue: boring
    completely digitally remixed singles box: you have my attention

Gila likes this.
  3. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Saves money for Abbey Road, still might be tempted when I see it though, can’t completely rule it out !

4. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

You do realize that some of us don't mind getting up every few minutes to flip a single, right? It's not actually a hardship, unless one of the cats has jumped in my lap. It's what I'm doing tonight, as a matter of fact.

5. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Pass on this. I have the older CD set.
    Anyone’s guess on the remastering.

6. WolfSpear

WolfSpear Music Enthusiast

Probably the same exact thing but with the entire UK singles collection gathered.

It’s nothing that I’m excited about, but if you haven’t had 20 chances in the past 60 years... there ya go.

Who Cares likes this.
  7. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

So much moaning! Sure, I get that long-time collectors aren't into this - but I bet this'll sell like hotcakes.

I'm actually fairly interested - it'll come down to how it's all packaged, the mastering, and the pressing plant.

8. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

As a collector, I’m certainly looking forward to it. Folks need to remember that not all of us were around when these singles or reissues came out and for some of us this will be our first chance to pick up the singles without having to spend a fortune buying used

9. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

Great news! I'm in!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  10. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

If it is the UK singles I am happy, just as I was happy with the Christmas Singles set last year.
    My only concern is the price. What would you expect a 23 single box set to cost? Any guesses?

TC

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  11. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Yeah, that's also a factor. Especially with the next Bowie box likely being announced next week ... it's possible my entire Autumn music budget is going to wind up on these two items. At least I'm going with CD on the Bowie boxes now. That saves a bundle in both money and headaches.

12. My *guess* is that the singles will be in stereo and use the previous remixes prepared for #1 and Sgt. Pepper, where possible, and from hi-res digital sources. For the songs that have not been remixed during the past few years, my guess is thatthey will be sourced from the same 24/44.1 digital sources as the 2012 vinyl LP's, A long shot would be brand new remixes utilized for those tracks.

Finally, a very pleasant surprise would be an AAA reissue from original mono and stereo masters.

Who Cares and mikrt17 like this.
  13. That would be nice . . .

14. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

I'm betting a lot of folks will buy this just for the Free As A Bird/Real Love single

15. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Well, I loved the 45s box last time it came out - the one with the late 70s editions of the singles in green and black covers. So, why not? Sometimes it’s nice to be reminded that these were stand-alone little blasts of wonder, not track 4 side B on an archival compilation.

No one’s forced to buy it!

16. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

A combination of remixes and B sides sourced from the 2009 remasters is probably the worst possible outcome, other than using the 2009 remasters.

Either use remixes for all of them (save the initial 4 singles) or cut from original singles masters, all analog. If Apple and Ume have taken the easy way out, I won’t buy the box.

Hope Apple and UM employees are lurking around, since they’re supposedly bent out of shape over the Abbey Road leak and are monitoring the thread.

Onder likes this.
  17. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

The Target stores singles/45 were about $20 if I remember correctly, so let's say the single alone was $10 each. The RSD 4 single box was more than $40 for 4 records, and the Christmas singles box had a list price of over $100 for 7 records, so it's not going to surprise me if each single will cost at least $10.

So my guess is the suggested retail will be at least $250. Just a guess and all I know is that it won't be cheap.

18. I’m good. Don’t think I will be plunking down my money for this.

19. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Correct. Vinyl only.

20. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

I hope they'll do this box set as close to the original 45's as possible.

sws2000 likes this.
  21. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Okay. No problem.

22. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

My cats hate vinyl , much prefer CDs as they can keep me imprisoned to the sofa , they were ecstatic when I got a 300 cd jukebox with a remote . There is no truth that I am in collusion with them to avoid doing household chores spread by Mrs N

23. beatlesaint

beatlesaint Forum Resident

I might have to see how it looks before deciding.......but I probably will buy it :laugh:

andrewskyDE likes this.
  24. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Apple money grab, but enjoy. If you want it, come and get it.

andrewskyDE and Bingo Bongo like this.
  25. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

Quite a lot of those songs were remixed on 2015 1+ re-release, even some of the B-sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.