2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Me for one! Especially if they use the Jeff Lynne 2015 1+ remix. Of course both songs were issued as vinyl 45s in the mid 90's. It would be odd to reissue them now on a single disc, but if they stick with the 90's format it's hard to see how we get 23 discs and not 24.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

You can get those on vinyl singles for about $10 each. Not sure why anyone would buy another 22 that they don't want.

I have all 22 UK singles either originals or 76 reissues. Have they forgotten that Yesterday came out as a single in the UK in 76 and Sgt Pepper in 78?

3. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I think people are referring to the coupling. If effectively a 'new' single is being released with Free As A Bird on one side and Real Love on the other (the way I wished they’d been released in 1995), then collectors are going to want that unique 45.

4. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

A nice touch would be including reproductions of the original Parlophone and Apple company sleeves in addition to newly produced picture sleeves if that's what they're planning.

5. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Maybe, I like the original B sides though

FJFP and DRM like this.
  6. ted321

ted321 Forum Resident

I also have this set. Never played the singles too often till I read a post on another thread praising the sound quality. Started playing them...AWESOME sound.

Willowman and john lennonist like this.
  7. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

The ones I have are great but I think there was a problem with mixes on at least one of the set where a stereo fold down was used instead of the original mono mixes (Eleanor Rigby/Yellow Submarine).

8. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant Thread Starter

Speaking of which, where might the red and/or yellow clues factor in?

9. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Guessing of course, but they will probably tie the packaging to the "1" theme. They could have called the video collection anything but chose to go with the 1 branding, so wouldn't be surprised if they do the same here

10. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I was disappointed they used them again for the CD singles. Some poor photo choices and plain back covers. For a group that was photographed so much they could do so much better.

Paul H, supermd and Deacon Blues like this.
  11. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

When I got the Beatles' collections of singles and EPs on CD back in the 1990s, I put the discs in six-disc jewel cases and made custom cover art using pictures from an Anthology poster that I bought cheap from a record store.
    [​IMG]

12. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Am I in a minority that if these are all remixes I’d be more inclined to buy?

13. Finchingfield

Finchingfield Forum Resident

Solution: put out 2 singles boxes. 1 with original mixes, 1 with revised mixes.
    Everyone is happy, and some of us will end up buying both, ha...

14. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

If it’s just a single box, there is a high chance I will pass, if the price is right? Maybe. But all the singles completely digitally remixed, IM IN, DAY 1

15. No, you’re not. I’d buy them if they are at either end of the scale—AAA or remixes. However, if they are taken from the 2009 digital files, I’ll pass because the set will not offer anything new to me except for the packaging.

FJFP and A well respected man like this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

We should get over it. Mark Lewisohn and others who actually heard it say it's garbage. Let's trust 'em.

17. This will NOT be marketed under the “1” branding because it is a different set of tracks. There would be consumer confusion.

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Exactly. Actually I'm excited to see this set! Maybe I also gonna buy it.

19. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Pulled out my boxed set of singles from '76 or later. Amazed how many used original stampers (1N in the case of "AHDN") with many sporting KT in the deadwax, well into the VAT era).

ted321, john lennonist and Exotiki like this.
  20. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

I wasn't being serious :wiggle:

21. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

The Box Set?

[​IMG]

Lost In The Flood and Monasmee like this.
  22. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I thought so. :p

24. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

Honestly, even if these were AAA I’m not sure that would be enough to entice me. Would I be tempted? Oh yeah. But I’d still prefer originals. The only really hard to find/expensive one is Love Me Do, and I already paid a small fortune for a mint copy as a teenager so I’m set on that front. I don’t even have that many of the original U.K. singles but I think I could fill out the rest of the collection for relatively little. I dunno. I’m not the market for this.

25. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Imagine this, packaging. Picture sleeve on one side and original Parlophone/apple on the other side of the sleeve. Inside is all the remixes plus new ones for songs that were only available in mono or haven’t been remixed yet. All in one big box. Probably a 50 page book similar to the sections on mono masters and past masters. All for 199.99 USD. I am in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.