2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

All 22 A-Sides except 'Please Please Me' were re-mixed in 2015 for the 1+ sets, plus some B-Sides and more. It just wouldn't make sense for these to be new stereo remixes, which belong on digital media.

Gila likes this.
  2. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Nope, nothing before I want to hold your hand was remixed, only remastered

3. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Which is all that can be expected for these new singles. I don't think they're ready to break out any new spectral separation technology for a nostalgia release.

Gila likes this.
  4. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

I suspect they were done as the 2014 mono LPs, by Sean Magee from the tape masters. Hopefully they found the mono mix of 'Ask Me Why' used on the original single.

Of course, there wouldn't be much new if this is the case, as they will basically be the same as the original singles. They could sound very good however, as evidenced by the 2014 LPs.

MrRom92, DRM and drum_cas like this.
  5. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

I think I'm going to buy two. One to open and not play, and the other one to keep sealed...this release is a little lame and its target is the nostalgia market that shops at Target...

Exotiki and DRM like this.
  6. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Who and where was this confirmed as a singles box? I showed up and the thread title was changed so I assume someone has some info I missed.

7. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  8. mcallister

mcallister Forum Resident

Any word if these will be 5.1 or better yet atmos?

9. And China can bang it out complete for 29.95 USD

10. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

It’s vinyl only

mcallister likes this.
  11. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Well, the Al Green set that came out for RSD was around $130 for roughly the same number of singles, so when translated to Beatles currency that equals about $260.

12. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

That’d be my only incentive to buy it.

13. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Me too, and even then I'd still be on the fence. Remixed singles would get my wallet out of my pocket, packaging and presentation will get the money out.

Kim Olesen likes this.
  14. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

A box set of every UK single is tempting.

15. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

For a zillionth of a second I thought you meant a box set for each individual single :yikes:

ZippyPippy, ronbow and ARK like this.
  16. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Me too :laugh:

SunSon likes this.
  17. TimeWarper

TimeWarper A Well Respected Man

If that was the case, the 'She Loves You' box set would just be four discs of live performances.

SunSon likes this.
  18. I’d pay a small fortune for an original UK Love Me Do single and also a US promo Penny Lane. Both would be worth big bucks to me!

19. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Here's a thing that won't happen: On each single, the A-side is the original (usually mono) single mix. The B-side is a new remix (where possible).

Again, this won't happen, but it would shut down the debate between people who want a state-of-the-art remix pressed to a 70-year-old reproduction medium, and people who say "but where will I find AAA pressings of the original mixes except on almost all copies that already exist?";)

20. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

If remixes are used, do you think that the spectral editing software, or whatever it’s called would be used on the mono only tracks?

Onder likes this.
  21. Shaker Steve

Shaker Steve Beatles & Elvis Fan

For me to buy this set they would have to use remixed A sides with different remixed B sides, like Paperback Writer B/W a remixed Love You To, etc. Put a remix 11 of Tomorrow Never Knows with Get Back, You have to make it different. It would be pointless just reissuing the 76 box set.

22. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

I’m not sure why people are suggesting this is a pointless release. It may be a pointless release for you, given you own these already, but for the thousands of new vinyl collectors out there who weren’t around in the 60s or when these have been reissued at various points this could be a vital release for them. Otherwise the same could have also been said about the 2012/2014 album releases in that case.

Vinyl has had a resurgence in the last few years and there’ll be lots of people wanting these. It just feels like these are aimed at people like us because in general we will buy all and everything Beatles.

23. Shaker Steve

Shaker Steve Beatles & Elvis Fan

Yes I understand what you are saying, it's a fine balancing act between younger fans & us oldies that were buying the singles first time round.

Electric Sydney and autumn daze like this.
  24. aina

aina Well-Known Member

You are right. I only became fans from last month. Usually i only listen music by streaming on spotify. But now since i like the beatles, i want to buy vinyl and the turntable too ofcourse

25. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

The red label Love Me Do isn't too horrendous to find... but a red label Please Please Me is what I'm missing! Never seen one in my 10 years of searching.

Man at C&A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.