2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bward

bward Senior Member

I'm going to guess: a red box, gold lettering. Same fonts as the mono and stereo boxes.
    2nd line: The Singles.

2. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

The minute I obtain hi-res scans of the new single sleeves from the forthcoming box, I'm running out to UPS and getting myself a poster with all of em. I've approximated how it'll be arranged by hastily cobbling existing covers (most of them those lame ones from 1982) together:

[​IMG]

Texastoyz likes this.
  3. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Here's a poster of various single's picture sleeves from around the world:[​IMG]

4. MPLRecords

"Yesterday" b/w "The Night Before". Now that is a single!

5. jamiesjamies

jamiesjamies Forum Resident

I hope it will come in a 60’s style record box with a handle (didn’t the Run Devil Run box have similar) with AAA original mixes and faithfully reproduced original sleeves but in quality cardboard like the Love Me Do 50th. In fact the only variation from the originals I would like to see is the being on coloured vinyl.

To go one step further, a real dream would be a promo box recreating the A label demo discs!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Vinylfindco, padesu and Who Cares like this.
  6. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

As I said way earlier, I hope the quality is great because the UK singles blue box I have that I purchased new when it came out, some of the picture sleeves like LIB is in awful quality.

jamiesjamies likes this.
  7. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Even though they sold vast amounts, all original Beatles singles are hard to find in NM condition now, which is why this box could be incredible.

I can't see myself going for it as it will be expensive and I own all the UK 45s, mostly in EX condition. I find the Apple era 45s difficult to find in decent condition. After years of collecting my Get Back, Hey Jude and Let It Be 45s are only VG condition. The Hey Jude is a rarer contract pressing though, by either CBS or Decca.

Who Cares likes this.
  8. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I got a near mint first pressing of 'She Loves You'/'I'll Get You' just a few years ago. :righton:

Who Cares and Man at C&A like this.
  9. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

They sound fantastic when they aren't worn out! Paperback Writer is very difficult to find without distortion through wear. It's cut very loud and it rocks for want of a better word! Mine's OK, has slight wear, but far better than average.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  10. thesisinbold

thesisinbold Forum Resident

The Penny Lane sleeve is truly art.

11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I have to correct myself. After adding my copy to my Discogs collection (just right now) it turns out it's the second pressing, but it's the same stamp numbers as on the first one.
    Think I mixed that up with the worn out Pink Floyd (UK) single 'See Emily Play' that I have, which really is a first pressing.^^

Who Cares likes this.
  12. matheussian

matheussian Forum Resident

I doubt..

13. MPLRecords

I'm pretty sure it's just vinyl, but I would pick up a CD singles box in a heartbeat - much quicker than the vinyl one.

Sidewinder43 likes this.
  14. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I bought this for $2 from my local yesterday because they're idiots and don't like singles.
    Verified first press record and east coast sleeve. Yeah I know not UK but thought you would like to see.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

Pretty sure it’s been confirmed vinyl only by our insiders

16. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

See 2017:
    [​IMG]

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I've already got one:
    [​IMG]

And an EP one as well:
    [​IMG]

18. MPLRecords

I missed out on both when they were issued. In fact, I'm not entirely sure when I found out about them!

19. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

But wasn’t the last chance to get all the singles in one place 37 years ago? People here are acting like the market has been flooded with Beatles Singles Collections, but that’s just not the case.

20. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

jamiesjamies likes this.
  21. supermd

supermd Senior Member

My first real exposure to the Beatles was 1, and I looked through the booklet a million times. These were the first photos of them I saw for years. I love these covers.

22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I hope they gonna use these sleeves. They are (some of) my favorites!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

According to the internet, the singles and EP collections on CD were both from 1992.

There was also a CD3 version of the singles box from 1989, but that one is probably harder to track down [and play if you have no adapter]...

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  24. slane

slane Forum Resident

Three left-handed Beatles... ?!?

(I hate it when photos of guitarists are reversed)

25. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

3" CDs are no problem if the drive has a tray. I think most drives in 1989 had trays.

ARK and MPLRecords like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.