Good deals on eBay : Post the hot deals you find on eBay.com here

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

FLASHFIVE

$5 off 1o+

good till 7/28

ymmv

2. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I haven't tried the code, but from what I've read elsewhere eBay has to select you as a recipient for this offer. Kinda like eBay Bucks percent offers, which I haven't gotten for like a month now.

3. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Do you have the app? I find this is one thing that seems to trigger me getting them more often.

Planbee likes this.
  4. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

This UK CD compilation has been OOP for over a decade and is rare to find at this retail price. It's Hot Butter's (Stan Free and company) two early 70s Moog albums on one CD, originally released on Musicor records in 1972 and 1973. There are two CD pressings of this compilation. The one for sale here is the first CD pressing from 2000 on Essential/Castle/Sanctuary, which is the one I own. The second press came out in 2005 on Castle/Sanctuary and is just a reissue of the first CD. Both CDs are identical as far as the track-listing. Just differences in the back artwork and possibly the inside booklet. While this compilation is very thorough, it is missing one song from the first album. "Pipeline" is absent from this compilation. But still a worthwhile compilation of almost two albums on one CD at a low price. A must have for Moog fans:

Hot Butter - Popcorn ( AUDIO CD in JEWEL CASE ) 5017615890723 | eBay

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    superstar19 likes this.
  5. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Just a word of caution. This seller and his items are a wide variety of stuff and some rare but I did notice that this seller is selling knockoffs of legit pressings for some of his stock. Many of the items I looked at seem genuine but I did see some counterfeits as well. Buy with caution or contact the seller before making a purchase.

Strat-Mangler, joelee and superstar19 like this.
  6. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Odds are in favour of it being a knockoff :cheers:

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  7. DarrenMcCall

DarrenMcCall Forum Resident

8. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

9. Dennis Metz

10. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I noticed on eBay that someone is selling both volumes of the Queen Greatest Video Hits DVD sets for a very great price. These are both volume 1 and volume 2. Each set contains 2 DVDs and these are the long OOP Hollywood Records versions. The UK versions on Parlophone are OOP as well. They are region 1 NTSC, so non US buyers make sure you have the right playback equipment. Both are listed as like new. $20 total for both sets plus $7 to ship them. $27 total for both of these DVD sets shipped is a great deal. When they were initially released in 2002 and 2003, they were in the $30 range IIRC for each volume. Each of them are supposed to have a booklet as well but this is not mentioned in the listing, so I would contact the seller to make sure these are contained within if that is important to you. If you like the Queen promo videos from Greatest Flix 1 and 2 then you will like these DVDs. Some videos on both sets make their DVD debut on these releases. Many additional rare videos above and beyond the Greatest Flix 1 and 2 previous releases except for the Innuendo videos are not on these 2 DVDs:

Queen - DVD Collection - Greatest Video Hits 1 - 2 disc DVD Set | eBay

11. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I considered it but then read this:

Most music videos on the DVD have been converted to 16:9 widescreen. This was achieved by cropping the top and bottom of the original 4:3 frame.

12. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Yikes! Sure hope that's incorrect because that is some amateurish work otherwise.

EDIT : that can't be right. It's on YouTube and they weren't converted to 16:9 at all and look fine.

In fact, can't find any evidence this was true on any pressing. I think this was written by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  13. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

I own these and don't remember them being cropped. I'm going to have to spin these when I get home.

I didn't keep many DVD's but the sound on these is top notch!

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  14. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

That is one of the pitfalls of these DVDs, like many other music DVDs. It's also mentioned quite a bit on the various Queen forums. The aspect ratio can be irritating but watching the DVDs on a small standard TV screen or computer monitor still makes them very watchable. A widescreen TV will cause viewing problems. The only other way to get some of these videos in the original aspect ratio is the 1997 Greatest Flix 1 & 2 DVD that is a promo only release from the UK. The Hollywood records videos from 1992 have the correct aspect ratio as well but some of the videos are slightly paused at the beginning before they start.

15. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

They are very watchable depending upon the screen size you watch them on.

16. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

The YouTube videos on the Queen Official channel are very good and must be a different transfer of these videos. The resolution is a little lower since they are on YouTube but they are still very watchable.

17. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Yea I own these as well and they sound great. I think some were even redone for true 5.1 or whatever sound. They are worth it to me just for sound. The video part is a bonus as far as I’m concerned. Truth be told it’s been years since I listened or watched these DVDs. But hey, I like to think they are still great.

18. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

panasoffkee, black sheriff and cjc like this.
  19. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

I got around to Watching Disc 1 of both sets. The video is cut off on the top and bottom and is pretty bad on my TV. The sound however, is top notch! The DTS 96/24 audio remix is astounding. It's worth the price alone. Glad I hung onto these.

20. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Yeah, they are a bit difficult to watch so I usually watch them on a standard small sized computer monitor instead of a TV.

superstar19 likes this.
  21. Dennis Metz

22. haizea70

haizea70 Well-Known Member

I' d like to know your opinion about this eBay item, a LP R Stones -12x5 original with alternate cover.

It is a uk seller and item is 312752552531

It is very expensive for me but really I think if this is the real thing, and if only a bunch of them have survived, the price is realistic.

Regards from north of Spain.

23. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

It looks legitimate to me, however, I have the following concerns:
    1 - The record looks filthy. For the price, the seller could at least clean it.
    2 - The subjective grading of 'excellent' and 'virtually no noise' are not terribly informative and are open to interpretation. For this price, the record should be accurately, objectively graded. Also, since it's filthy, I can't imagine it actually plays with 'virtually no noise' and suspect the seller hasn't really played it at all.

If you have the disposable income available to gamble and really, really want this title, go for it. Otherwise, I'm sure you can fill a lot of other holes in your collection with the money you'd spend on this LP.

Good luck either way.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I wouldn’t worry too much about the condition of LP itself. The value is about 95% the cover.

The LP itself isn’t unique to this cover nor is it particularly rare. I’ve got two or three of them. One could somewhat easily and cheaply find another copy with the regular cover to replace it if need be.

I’m not an expert on this particular cover, but it looks legit to me.

longdist01 likes this.
  25. haizea70

haizea70 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the opinions, otherwise I really prefer update my HiFi so I found a good 2nd hand from a particular, and a well cared Teac Ampli, Tuner, etc for my last year purchased Teac Turntable. And for less than that figure of course

And for the rare cover for other home with more cash.

This new september I promise me update hardware instead buy more records...well it is only a wish :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.