TV shows that have not been shown on TV in a long time

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jul 8, 2019.

1. zonkaraz

zonkaraz Forum Resident

I have the Buffalo Bill DVD set. Good show!

JeffreyB likes this.
  2. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Seeing The Gary Moore show from 1958 would be interesting because on the episode with Tommy Sands, you will see a VERY young Hal Blaine playing drums with The Raiders, backing up Tommy.

3. SomeCallMeTim

SomeCallMeTim Forum Resident

I'd love to see The Mothers-in-Law, either on TV or home video. 56 episodes were produced, and though the situations seemed implausible even by 1960's network TV standards, Eve Arden and Kaye Ballard play off each other hilariously enough that I never minded. Only one full episode appears to be available on YouTube, so somebody is ferociously protecting that copyright...

Splungeworthy and Linus like this.
  4. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Linus likes this.
  5. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Both still get re-run over here. Not a particularly big fan of Mind Your Language but Mum is a genuine classic. The late Michael Bates (who was born and raised in India and spoke their language fluently) was brilliant, as was Windsor Davies.

carlwm and Ignominious like this.
  6. McLover

McLover Senior Member

My Mom would agree with you on "Designing Women" and "Evening Shade". We both liked these shows. Be nice to see reruns of them again.

Duke Fame likes this.
  7. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I've had the DVD set of the complete series for years.

fr in sc likes this.
  8. drmark7

drmark7 Forum Resident

9. averica

averica infinite rider on the big dogma

i havent come across Kojak since the early 90's. luckily i have the dvds

10. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

Action In the Afternoon was broadcast live so I doubt there's much of anything.

11. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Room 222. I had a major thing for Karen Valentine.
    Love American Style. I might've seen this pop up on a digital channel, but I can't remember which one.
    The Bill Cosby Show. Yes, I know. I'd still like to see it.
    Julia. Diahann Carroll. *sigh*
    The Lone Ranger, animated version, from some time in the 60's. A really dark, impressionistic take on this story. Does anybody else remember this?
    The Tony Randall Show.
    The Paul Lynde Show. "How goes the rat race dear?" "The rats are winning". Looking back, it's fascinating seeing him in a traditional family situation comedy.
    Something So Right. Long forgotten sitcom starring Jere Burns and Mel Harris.
    Unhappily Ever After. Super snarky sitcom in the mold of Married With Children, but better. Watched for the plot.
    And last but not least: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip. An Aaron Sorkin fever dream that was not well-liked, but extremely well-written.

VU Master likes this.
  12. SomeCallMeTim

SomeCallMeTim Forum Resident

13. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

He sang the Baretta theme too.

MikeInFla likes this.
  14. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

No way in hell it's possible but I'd like to see Lou Gordon again. He had an early tabloid interview style show, was controversial, and was on Kaiser broadcasting station in syndication. He died of a heart attack in the 70s and never saw the world come to look like him.

Speaking of Kaiser here's another impossibility: I was in Boston, so I missed Ghoulardi. But the Kaiser stations had the Ghoul (Ron Swede) and it was big time for me and my peers. The home of anarchy on tv.

15. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Kojak is currently airing Sunday nights 10pm - midnight on Cozi-TV.
    It's been on for the last few years that I can remember in different time slots, either on Cozi or another channel, maybe Me-TV.

16. Too little interest, quality of the videos, incomplete episode sets, etc.

17. James Slattery

Room 222 and Julia both ran within the last few years on Aspire
    The Paul Lynde Show ran on Antenna within the last few months and may still be airing.
    The Bill Cosby Show was released on DVD, both seasons.

Splungeworthy likes this.
  18. John54

John54 Senior Member

Quark, probably

19. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

This currently runs on AntennaTV. I watched it once and didn't really care for it.

20. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

Brackens World from 1969/1970. Show was about the inner workings of a Hollywood Film company. Starred Linda Harrison (NOVA from the original Planet of the Ape movies) and Karen Jensen. Lots of Eye candy and a well written show.

21. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

22. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Are "The Flintstones" or "The Jetsons" on anywhere? I would like to see them again.

23. James Slattery

Not for anything, but listing shows that had 1 episode or summer tryouts that lasted 4 or 6 shows makes no sense. Of course they aren't going to run again. The OP meant this thread to be about shows which had a significant run of at least a few seasons, not shows that were on for a few weeks.

24. James Slattery

Buy the DVDs.

25. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Paul discusses the show during his appearance on this I've Got a Secret episode. "(I play) a father... I know it's hard to believe." :laugh:

With a theme song by the Lettermen!