ELO/Jeff Lynne Fans MUST Check Out New CD "L.E.O."

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Captain Groovy, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

No, I'm going to email Marlene at Not Lame to see what's going on with it.

BTW, my friend played the CD for me yesterday. Brilliant! It's a long BJ sent out to Jeff Lynne. I love it!

I played the new Linus CD for him and he bought a copy of it and Roger Manning. Lots of great tunes on these three CDs.

2. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Yes.

The lead vocals are really compressed but they're not unlistenable like the Bleu album.

3. As much as I'm trying, and as much as I am an ELO fan, so far I just haven't been able to get into this. Maybe it's like one of the other posters said, in that the songs themselves just don't appeal to me much. Honestly, I'm trying really hard to like this.

4. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

The clips make me want to hear more! I'll just have to unscramble the album title in the mean time. :confused:
    Alpacas Orgling

5. bhazen

bhazen I Am The Walrus

I spent some time at an Internet anagram generator - no luck.

Unless you find "slag rain alp cog" or similar a cosmic message...:D

6. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Alpacas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpaca

Males make a very strange sound, called an ‘orgle’ while they are breeding. Sometimes they make this sound if there is an ‘open’ female on the other side of the fence. A breeding typically lasts 20-minutes or longer, with the male ‘orgling’ continuously. Upon hearing an orgle, other females will gather by the fence with ‘open’ females laying down (cushing) so as to be ready for breeding. This ‘orgling’ sound also gets the attention of other males, often resulting in fights or squirmishes in the nearby fields. When males are close at hand, it is appropriate to breed a female away from the rest of the herd if at all possible.

7. bhazen

bhazen I Am The Walrus

I orgle a lot when out and about, but females tend to just back away slowly...

8. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

I agree!

9. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member Thread Starter

I think the songwriting is great. I love "Make Me" - fantastic chord changes.

Jeff

10. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

works for me!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.