Big Barrel Full of Monkees Thread (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jun 23, 2014.

1. FredV

FredV Senior Member

I believe Andrew Sandoval mentioned it on Facebook, I’ll check again.

Hep Alien, D-rock and RedRoseSpeedway like this.
  2. FredV

FredV Senior Member

3. RedRoseSpeedway

RedRoseSpeedway Music Lover

That’s great news

D-rock likes this.
  4. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Must admit I skipped it, which is nearly sacrilege for a Monkees fan like me, but after Tork's passing and knowing it was his last work I'll have to get it next time around. A few days ago I did check out Nez's version of Christmas Song which was pretty good IMO. But. It's still a Christmas song...

5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Definitely can respect that.

The Monkees bring so much joy to so many us and although we may not all have the same favorites or likes of theirs; we share our love for Micky, Michael, Peter & Davy; their stories; their contributions and their impact on our lives.

Namaste' :edthumbs:

6. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Listen to this:

7. RedRoseSpeedway

Agreed

8. FredV

FredV Senior Member

[​IMG]

Wally: Beav, you little Goon, you crashed the Monkeemobile. Look what ya did to that paint job!

Beaver: Gee Wally, I'm sorry. You don't think The Monkees ain't gonna play the school dance now, do ya?

Mike: Now, don't worry there, Son. I talked to the Guys and we're still going to do the show!

9. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

"Wally" looks fabulous at 74.... "Beave" at 71, hmmmm

mrbobdobalina likes this.
  10. spsimmons

spsimmons Forum Resident

Here's the full Fanboy Q&A

11. spsimmons

spsimmons Forum Resident

The question line filled up quickly, so I didn't get a chance to ask anything. Mike and Micky had very long, detailed, and interesting answers, so there weren't a ton of questions asked. I was sitting next to Mike and Micky's assistants and they both looked puzzled when Mike says he auditioned for the Monkees with The Night Before by The Beatles. I don't' think anyone in the room knew that bit of trivia.

12. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

Any other tidbits in this interview? I won't be able to watch it for a bit.

13. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I may be in the minority, but I wanted to hear that guy's question about Justus.

14. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Me too. Nez avoided a lot of questions by veering off to something totally different like with the question about All Of Your Toys. And Micky, God love him, can't hear very well.

Hep Alien and PhoffiFozz like this.
  15. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Yeah. Wasn't sure if that was intentional. None of the question seemed controversial, so I assume either Nez misheard or his train of thought went the way of the Witicha Train Whistles session. Still pretty good, and some good new stuff. I've noticed Nez has much less tolerance for canned responses (whereas Dolenz is almost fossilized in that respect), and kind forces Mick to breakaway from his usual answers and routines. Nez has been doing this since since like the third gig of the 2012 tour. You can tell he doesn't like that aspect of showbiz. Whereas the ever professional Dolenz is just doing his job, god love him.

16. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Anyone see the pic of Nez and Dolenz with Cary Elwes? It's on Dolenz' twitter page.

Hep Alien likes this.
  17. FredV

FredV Senior Member

[​IMG]

18. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

Pierre Despereaux

19. super sally

super sally Forum Resident

Love Wally and the Beav!

I think Jerry Mathers has had a rougher time health-wise than Tony Dow.

Fund tidbit: Tony Dow has (or had) a sculpture in the Louvre.

Brian Mc likes this.
  20. spsimmons

spsimmons Forum Resident

I saw this go down. It was pretty cool. Elwes was obviously a fan. Watch the end of the Q&A video, you can see how he was talking to Micky. I also took a picture where Cary had his hands together like he was praying while he was talking to the guys. It was very sweet.

21. Iceman08

Iceman08 Forum Resident

Rhino Records' John Hughes said so on a recent "Zilch" podcast. You should check them out. Lots of official announcements from Andrew Sandoval, Iain Lee, John Hughes or from time to time even the guys (sadly now of course only Nez & Micky left) themselves.

Hep Alien likes this.
  22. jfmlaugh

jfmlaugh Forum Resident

I believe the release date is in October

Hep Alien likes this.
  23. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

For the Hughes mediocre Christmas Party Lp or the definitive Monkees production of Headquarters by Sandoval?

24. jfmlaugh

jfmlaugh Forum Resident

Hughes said Christmas Party LP in October, Sandoval said the next Super Deluxe Edition will be later in the year.

Hep Alien likes this.
  25. RedRoseSpeedway

Just purchased the deluxe editions of MOTM and Instant Replay from The Monkees Store! I don’t have any of the deluxe editions so this is pretty exciting. I had to snag em while they were still $60 each because I’ve seen the prices on the second-hand market :yikes:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019