All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

So what's next?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Another one coming in Aug called “Ten”(Tracii Guns is guest on one track. Diff legendary 80’s slinger on each track I think)

plus Stryper working on ANOTHER..just wow!

artfromtex and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

New video for Take Me To The Top

4. What a waste. I don't want to see actors, I'd rather see the actual band.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Boswell

Yeah they're really trying to use the movie to stay relevant, even referencing the movie's success at the end of the video!
    They are absolutely hoping to get into the RnR Hall of Fame, I'd say that's a main objective now.

6. Boswell

. . . and as for what's next? I hope no more tours or performances of any sort.

I can see the Motley brand being linked to something that involves merchandising and possibly more Motley success in other offshoot type ventures.

HOPING for some mind-blowing archival releases.

artfromtex and Pouchkine like this.
  7. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

As far as archival releases....I would love to see an OFFICIAL release of pro shot shows from the T.O.P, Girls, and Feelgood tours. The footage obviously exists as it was used in the Home Sweet Home, Wild Side and S.O.S videos. It's a shame that other than the US Festival '83 footage that there is no pro shot footage from the Shout era.

Pouchkine, Matthew Tate and Boswell like this.
  8. Boswell

It's a shame and even hard to believe there's not more video boots from the SHOUT tour Lots of audio boots, though.

That live footage from the videos . . . even if there's no audio (they may not have recorded it knowing it was going to be used for a video) the film footage would be nice to see.

They promised a bunch of rare footage back in 1991 for the DOD Home Video but there was talk of a flood and they lost footage. Still, there's a very short clip of the boys walking to stage from the European SHOUT dates . . . surely there's more of that type of thing somewhere?

Pouchkine, Matthew Tate and Queezma like this.
  9. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

The only live "boot" video footage from the Shout tour that I have seen is from Quebec City (I believe it was from March or May of '84 after their first leg of the Ozzy tour was finished). Is there other live footage from Shout floating around?

Pouchkine, Matthew Tate and Boswell like this.
  10. Boswell

All there is for 1983-1984 is the US Festival, the lyp-synch on that Pop Rockers Show (?), the Quebec City boot and stray clips from the European tour and Monsters of Rock shows. Just a few seconds of Live Wire and the band walking to the stage and some interviews. NOT ENOUGH stuff.

11. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

July 1 : today is Pamela Anderson's 52nd birthday. :cheers:

[​IMG]

Billy_Sunday and Clanceman like this.
  12. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Tommy's Yoko!

Clanceman likes this.
  13. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

14. Boswell

15. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

These days, anytime Nikki or Tommy open their mouths, they send my interest into the ditch...the movie just made me embarrassed to wear my Crue shirts in public.

The Crue are dead..I love each and every album...but I wish they would remain dead.

BDC and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Boswell

To be fair you seemed like you weren't much of a fan before the movie.

I'll have those shirts, I'll PM you my address!

The Dirt was a bad movie but KISS lip-synch live. Are you keeping those shirts? You don't have the same reaction when the twin towers of bull Gene & Paul talk? Nikki can't compare to those two and that's saying something.

There's a movie and there's a real band with a biography and real songs. A movie doesn't make me stop liking a real band that I grew up with . . . but it can be a bit of overkill.

17. Boswell

18. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

19. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

I was a bit worn out on them the last few months....then last night at a party the host spun a vinyl copy of TFFL and I am back in!!

20. Boswell

Oh hell yeah! Aint nothing going to diminish Motley's great music. It'll probably all sound better and better as the years go by

Pouchkine, Queezma and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Dude....I have a love/hate relationship with Crue and not afraid to admit it. I picked up on Crue in the early eighties - somewhere between TFFL and Shout - and always made a point to catch them live if and when the made it across the waters.

If we are talking purely music, up to and including Saints, I would have argued that they are one of the greatest Rock N Roll bands of all time...music is phenomenal.....problem with Crue is they are a band of idiots....The Dirt is simply a glorification of their idiocy....they are very difficult people to like.....they are very difficult people to be proud of.

But I'm not sitting up on some KISS pedestal either - so there was no need for the dig...you are correct....KISS should have called it a day a few years back. They had their own share of clowns...not least Peter and Ace (although their contributions - as and when they were capable or turned up - is unquestionable). Vinnie was no gem either. Eric and Bruce should never have been dumped for the reunion in my opinion. I can accept your comments on Gene.....as for Paul?? He speaks pretty straight about most subjects....including his vocal capabilities (excluding any use of tapes). On the whole he is the Yin to Genes Yang. Do they oversell KISS?? Absolutely...and yet most people who actually go to KISS shows seem to love it...so they are still doing something right.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  22. Boswell

What?! Paul uses every opportunity to put everyone around him down while NOT ONCE admitting he has ever made a mistake or complicit in anything.
    With all the lip-synching in Rock (have you seen the recent WASP shows?) Vince Neil is actually looking pretty good. That's how bad it is.

Anyway, our heroes aint what they used to be. And I'll readily admit that KISS have put out more good music than Motley, in total.

Queezma, Matthew Tate and Kiss73 like this.
  23. artfromtex

I will always fly my "Motley Crue: '81 - '91" flag high.

24. artfromtex

25. artfromtex

[​IMG]
    I will NEVER be embarrassed by THIS band.