The last movie you saw in the theater

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Saw The Shining in 4k with my family.
    We had all seen the film before but enjoyed this showing immensely.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  2. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

"The Dead Don't Die". Thought it was fun.

3. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Echo in the Canyon. Barely worth paying for

4. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

"Yesterday" - Very good.
    [​IMG]

rmath84, Zeki, ted321 and 2 others like this.
  5. Pussycat

Pussycat (=^•.•^=)~*

"Manchester by the Sea"
    (yes it's been a minute since I've been to the movies)

Man, what a movie though.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  6. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Bohemian Rhapsody

7. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

The Cure - Anniversary 1978-2018: Live in Hyde Park London

Wow, that was GREAT!! I’ve always loved the Cure, but for some stupid reason I never saw them live. Now that I’ve seen this film, I really regret that! Robert Smith is oddly charismatic.

8. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

[​IMG]

TOP GUN (1986) tonight for one night only on the big screen. Still has some of the greatest aerial fighter footage ever put on film. And to see a very young Meg Ryan and Tim Robbins, that's cool. The movie that set Tom Cruise into the stratosphere and he is still going all these years later (not Kelly McGillis).

SandAndGlass likes this.
  9. JohnG

It is amazing while watching the film of all the careers that have ended while Cruise is still one of the biggest stars in the world.

Meg Ryan (nothing), Tim Robbins (his career also peaked awhile ago), Val Kilmer (also over), McGillis (haven’t seen her in ages) director Tony Scott killed himself in LA many years ago.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise) Thread Starter

And vice versa.

Most recent film I've seen in the theater was Before Stonewall, a fascinating 1985 documentary about gay rights before the Stonewall riot.

GillyT and brownie61 like this.
  11. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

McGillis operates a trendy restaurant in Key West. She's been out of 'show business' for years. Now it's certainly open to discussion whether she opened the eatery after her career went stale or if she walked away; I don't know

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

Charismatically odd? Yes, that does fit! *laughs*

Thanks, that made me chuckle.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  13. JohnG

Ahh that’s too bad, didn’t know that, I was in Key West last February and would have stopped in to see “Charlie”.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  14. Chris DeVoe

There's only a handful of women in Hollywood who can keep acting past 35 or so, and they presumably have excellent agents and managers to make it happen. It's a shame, but it's true. So she could have been forced to accept worse and worse roles, or bow out gracefully with some dignity and go on to the second chapter of her life.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  15. JohnG

Finally saw the very weird Midsommar today with just 4 other people.

16. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

AVENGERS ENDGAME.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Our theater had about 20 people. Hope for their sakes, they hadn't planned to eat out afterwards.

18. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Hollywood is like a conveyer belt on an assembly line. Things move off the line and out of the door to make way for new ones to appear at the start of the assembly line.

More male actors work in Hollywood after the age of thirty five than female actresses. Many male actors are just getting started by thirty. The women are usually popular ingenue's and get their start when in their teens and reach their peak in their early twenties.

19. Chris DeVoe

Super 30

A Bollywood film about a brilliant mathematician, born into poverty. He wins a scholarship to Cambridge, but cannot afford to travel to England to take advantage of it. He winds up teaching at one of the prep schools for the children of the wealthy, but realizes that too many brilliant minds are going to waste due to having been born in the same circumstances as he had, and he starts his own school for 30 bright but desperately poor students.

Zeki and SandAndGlass like this.
  20. Chris DeVoe

The Farewell

Really sweet and moving film about Chinese-American woman who travels to China to see her beloved grandmother who has stage 4 lung cancer. But nobody in the family is willing to tell the grandmother that she is dying.

Zeki and brownie61 like this.
  21. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

I’m really looking forward to this one. I like Awkwafina a lot and am curious to see her in this role.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  22. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

The Lion King - Very well done update & highly recommended! My only concern was the
    involvement of Beyoncé & her song being turned into a major production. No worries of
    this happening because Disney stayed true to the original. All songs have their equal time
    in the spotlight. Disney earns high praise for the way they handled the violent parts too.
    This should be an award winner! Day one purchase for me when the Blu-Ray is released.
    [​IMG]

SandAndGlass and Zeki like this.
  23. thxdave

thxdave "One black, one white, one blonde"

Yesterday

24. ghostofzuul

ghostofzuul Harvester of Sorrow

i don't recall. i almost never go anymore... probably last jedi...

25. Chris DeVoe

She was great in this. First noticed her as the wacky friend in Crazy Rich Asians. The most interesting thing about the role in this is how she plays very different people depending on whether she speaking in Chinese or English.