Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

I agree it’s a wonderful set, have you checked out your tee shirt yet ? At the bottom where it says ‘the secret’ it’s inverted (like you have to hold it up to a mirror) intentional or the reason why it was reduced. 26 bucks though what a deal.

SJP likes this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ Haven't had a chance to open mine yet. I bought one for my friend who also took the extra Johnny Marr vinyl off my hands and I delivered it this morning. Talked tunes over a tasty IPA but didn't get around to opening the box. But I wouldn't think a misprint on a t-shirt is the reason for the price but you never know.

There is no excuse, new is new and what they sent is clearly not new.

hutlock, black sheriff and Jimijam like this.
  3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

God help me, just put in order #3.

hutlock, Tjazz, DLD and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nrochie4184

Nrochie4184 Forum Resident

It's cut by Chris Bellman, and sounds very nice for a compilation. Well worth the low price here.

black sheriff and jason202 like this.
  5. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

While I'm not a vinyl guy, I've bought a couple DVDs in their Blowout Bin and have enjoyed watching you guys spend money left and right. :winkgrin:

To that end, here's ANOTHER 15%-off code, good through Wednesday noon Central time:

SUMMERTIME

You're welcome... :D

6. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

My wife once said... "When we are homeless at least we can burn the box sets to stay warm!"

7. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

And the toxic fumes from all the melting plastic will make the end mercifully quick.

8. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

me too, and I ended up ordering 2 items I bought in order #2!

hutlock and Mike6565 like this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I posted a similar comment 9 years ago, about being homeless, and pushing a shopping cart full of DCC gold CDs, and black triangles.

fluffskul and uzn007 like this.
  10. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Just got a chance to listen today, and it does indeed sound great. It's also worth mentioning that the records are housed in a very nice Stoughton Tip-On jacket.

11. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Now their site says SUMMERTIME is good until 5:00 today Central time, not noon.

12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i'm weak put in an order for a couple records and cd's, just hope they dont warp from all this heat.

black sheriff likes this.
  13. Fdee

Fdee Well-Known Member

I received an order this weekend, and 3 out of 5 of LPs are terribly warped, trying to set up an exchange now. Not much else to be done im afraid

14. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I played one of the LPs I received from a Blowout Bin order last weekend, and it was very warped as well. My ClearAudio Clever Clamp barely smoothed it out enough to make it safely playable. I order a lot of LPs via mail order and don't generally have a problem with warping, so I don't think it happened during transit. My hunch is that any warping was already present in the warehouse by the time it was picked and shipped out. I still haven't listened to most of the 30+ LPs I've purchased so far from the Blowout Bin, so I'm hoping that most are not warped.

Craig.

15. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

Received my order of 5 LPs and the Alan Parsons box set. All in good shape.

DLD and black sheriff like this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

SJP, leeroy jenkins and black sheriff like this.
  17. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Reading these posts about warped vinyl makes me glad I have a periphery ring. Honestly, I have not even paid any attention to the four albums I have played from my recent order as the ring is always used for playback/recording.

18. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

if you have the heat a lot of the country has right now i could totally believe it warped in transit, i ordered a hard drive last week and when i opened the box the thing was hot to the touch. I can only imagine how vinyl would do in the same temps in a usps/ups truck all day.
    Thankfully while i havent played them none of my last order looked warped when i cleaned them last week.

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

hutlock likes this.
  20. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Bumblefoot
    Ron Thal
    LP $8.60

Hermit
    Ron Thal
    LP $8.61

21. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Good pressings?

22. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

These are obscure records so could not find any info on the pressings online, I ordered them today as well along with the Maiden Fear box with the Eddie figurine

23. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I sampled/streamed them on Spotify. I went with the Bumblefoot. Thank you. :cool::thumbsup:

aperfecttool and hutlock like this.
  24. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

ordered the lucius good grief, they are a fun band ... also bnqt vol 1 is a super group another fun record...
    good luck!

25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Added to my cart in case I place another order. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Mike6565 and ad180 like this.