Record Stores in Boston/Cambridge/Somerville

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by uzn007, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

2. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis Thread Starter

OMG she was the fricken best! I'm genuinely sad about this even though I never exchanged more than a few lines of conversation with her.

For those who aren't familiar with the legendary Diskovery store (which is, I assume, most of you), the records were just, like, stacked all over the place with no rhyme or reason that I could ever discern. But she knew what she had! One time, my girlfriend (now my wife) and I walked in to try to find a copy of Harry Nillson's The Point. We couldn't find it, even with her help, but after we had left, and had walked about a half a block, she came out of the store, shouting to get our attention, with the album in her hand. All that for a $1 record sale. God love her and RIP.

black sheriff and action pact like this.
  3. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Aww, that's too bad. I wasn't in there all the time, but went once in a while. I think she had books, too, if I remember right?

4. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis Thread Starter

Yes.

5. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Yolanda's family live just down the block from me, so I was able to give them my condolences in person, at least.

Diskovery wasn't at all the kind of store where you could go in and look for one specific book or record, but if you went in with a clear mind and a sense of adventure, you'd almost always find something you wanted.

Also the cats were great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.