Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I received my second order with stuff from the discounted section. The two 45s are super cool. The Kinks Kwilet and The Move Something Else, both sound Great! And The Kinks one has two songs i've never heard. For 45s i wasn't expecting much but they sound great. The Move one is live stuff and its great. I have The Move live at the Fillmore cd and it's along those lines. Real cool 7 inches.

I got the Blue Velvet soundtrack. It sounds great too. Interesting one side is the score the other songs from the film kind of thing. Real interesting setup. Great listen. I got a Willie Mitchell record. It's kind of Booker T like and they share a thing of real cool grooves then a few generic songs. Cool blue, swirly vinyl thought it would be black. But, it's just ok overall. Trader for me. But cool to hear. I really put Willie on a pedastal as a producer, with Al Green especially and this has the groove but without the personality? or something.

Got the Steven Stills live in the studio from 68 thing cd too. It's great but was glued into the case. Cleaned it , it's fine. Real cool music, great cd.

They sent me a wrong lp, but, are gonna send me the one i ordered and i guess a mailing label or something to return the one i recieved.

Fun stuff. Highly rec0mend the 7 inches. 4 bucks and sound great.

black sheriff likes this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

How do you get to the 45s? Can you link to that listing?

Greenalishi likes this.
  3. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

How flat are your (or anyone else's) Dylan Love and Theft records? While there are no wicked edge warps both records present significant *undulation* (very uneven playing surfaces). I realize this was only $10.50 delivered but sheesh. If I understand the Deep Discount return policy, buyer pays for return shipping, correct?

Greenalishi likes this.
  4. Greenalishi

The 45's are , The Kinks - Kwyet Kinks and The Move - Something Else From. They are both on Deep Discount if you search the site. My computer will not pull up Deep Discount, i can on my phone, but, links on the phone are somehow beyond me. I'm sorry. When i buy i use my phone. Sorry.

Just reissue 45s but very well done. And kind of unique on their own. Excellent quality which , in my experience , doesn't alway happen with 45 resissues. But, these are players as well as lookers.

SJP likes this.
  5. hutlock

It’s ok, I’ll figure it out. Thanks anyway.

Greenalishi likes this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

This should do it...

Blowout Bin on DeepDiscount

I ordered a Pugwash 7" in my most recent order. Saw these Kinks ones, look pretty cool. I just love a good 7"-er.

(Get your minds out of the gutter!)

Rekkerds, hutlock and Greenalishi like this.
  7. hutlock

Sweet! Thanks!

8. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Are new items being added from time to time?

9. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I saw a couple of Sun Ra LPs last I looked that I am sure weren't there at the beginning.

Greenalishi and black sheriff like this.
  10. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Those Kinks 7" are Kevin Gray cuts BTW, excellent deal!

black sheriff and Greenalishi like this.
  11. hutlock

Yep. Not as many as that initial avalanche though. But for example that Stones Sweet Summer Sun I linked to upthread wasn’t there before...

12. Greenalishi

Little bummed. I sent back the lp they mistakenly sent me today. And today i received a cd of Dexter Gordon Both Sides Of Midnight. I ordered the lp. E mailed em. But, oh well. Just a little bummed. No biggey. Wonder why they sent the cd. They had sent the wrong lp.

13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Sweet summer sun was there. I got it with my first order.

hutlock likes this.
  14. Greenalishi

The bummer thing is, i think, if they don't have something they just substitute it with another item, as a practice? At least it seems they did with me. Gave me a record that i didn't order in place of, i have now seen on their site, an item that is backordered. Then when i returned the lp they sent me, they sent me a cd of the lp. Not cool really, as a matter of practice. If they asked or stated this or communitcated. But, just doing it without any communication, bummer. They should just say it's out of stock, would you like to wait or cancel the order, not just give you a random lp then send a cd. Kind of shifty.

hutlock likes this.
  15. hutlock

Yeah, that’s really poor practice. I hope it gets all worked out for you but the fact that you have to deal with it at all is ridiculous.

16. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    black sheriff and hutlock like this.
  17. hutlock

18. hutlock

Worth it for the cover pic alone!

SJP likes this.
  19. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

LOL! That’s what I was thinking! ;)

hutlock likes this.
  20. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Just finished cleaning up my rip of James Taylor's Before This World from Deep Discount. This is a lovely album with nice sonics (DR12) and only $7.36!

21. Greenalishi

They sent me an email saying my order was a cd. My mistake. I have three orders in. And they sent me an lp by mistake and i think that helped lead me to this conclusion. Four bucks is a cd price. My stupidity. Sorry for deminishing Deep Discount. They were great. Just made a mistake. Me too. Sorry Deep, i dig ya, egg on my face.

22. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

My Dylan Love And Theft is a little wobbly but nothing audible on my Scout with Uni-pivot arm.

FYI The Refused - Freedom LP is on clear vinyl limited to 1000. Cut by Chris Bellman. Sounds great, if you like Refused. :D

23. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I am spinning my Deep Discount copy of this right now performing a rip!

Greenalishi and black sheriff like this.
  24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Another order (#4, I think) arrived today. One which took advantage of last weekend's 15% off coupon.

Hippopotamus - Sparks $12.21
    Proxy (IMPORT) - The Tangent $7.50
    Without You (IMPORT) - Pugwash $3.38
    Golden Years Of Dutch Pop Music (IMPORT) - Toontje Lager $4.38
    Golden Years Of Dutch Pop Music (IMPORT) - Het Goede Doel $4.38

Sparks is a double picture disc. Pressing sounds pretty nice although in the quietest passages you can hear the obligatory picture disc whoosh (particularly during a gap in the first song). Perhaps this good picture disc luck will bode well when I finally dig into the Harry Potter picture disc box set which I couldn't resist from this sale.

The Tangent is a really cool proggy band I've been following closely since 2003 but lost track of their last two releases. Got the CD of The Slow Rust of Forgotten Machinery with an earlier order of this Deep Discount epic sale and this current order includes the LP/CD of their latest...for a steal of a price.

Pugwash 7", clear vinyl nonetheless. Glad to have that one. Looking forward to spinning it.

The last two are sound-unheard. From this series I already have Nits. They are two disc sets and for the price, totally worth checking out.

This sale has absolutely killed it.

25. hutlock

I think if you look under 12” singles there is another Pugwash item? Or is this the one you got?

Pugwash Here We Go 'Round Again EP [Import] on DeepDiscount

Greenalishi likes this.