Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I picked up a different one, a 7” single called Without You. The one you pictured is a terrific release but it happens to be a 10” single which makes it even more cool in my book!

Greenalishi and hutlock like this.
  2. Brian Hoffman

Brian Hoffman Obsessive fanatic extraordinaire

Listening to my copy of Spectrum's "Highs Lows and Heavenly Blows" now and it's gorgeous. I got to see Sonic Boom on this tour in a small club so it's great to hear these songs again.
    Also got "Seven" from Soft Machine and it sounds very high quality to these ears. Still have Brett Anderson's "Wilderness" to dig into.
    Thanks for the heads up on this amazing sale!

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Nice! My band got to open for Spectrum at the Cleveland stop on that tour. Really the nicest guy.

4. Brian Hoffman

Oh wow, nice! I saw them right down the road in Cincinnati opening for Air Miami (essentially Unrest) in '96, so maybe it wasn't quite this tour but close enough :). I did get to see him and Fuxa in around 2000 as well and got to talk to him and he was a super cool dude.

black sheriff and Greenalishi like this.
  5. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I saw Unrest in college, a few years before you saw Air Miami. :)

hutlock and ad180 like this.
  6. TheMovieRad

TheMovieRad If you want to count me, count me out

My order came in yesterday:

A WB comp called I wanna be sedated
    Shocking Blue
    Johnny Marr Comet

Every LP Away mint and brand new, sealed. No warps. Round two coming up.

black sheriff and Greenalishi like this.
  7. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Not sure if this free-shipping offer for today only will work for everyone or just for important people like me (haha), but I got an e-mail for free shipping good through 11:59 PM Central today. One-time use. Worth it if you don't want to wait until you have $25 worth of stuff to order.

Code: SHARKSHIP

8. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Have you tried ordering less than $25 worth of goods with this promo? I got this promo today as well...up in the right corner there is a burst that says, "Free Shipping* on orders $25+"

9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

The code works. I didn't place an order but tried it out in the cart. You need to log in first to apply the code.

10. Brian Hoffman

Cool, they were something else. I was able to catch them when Perfect Teeth came out with Versus opening and both those bands were in top form. Great time to be in college and listening to music!

hutlock and black sheriff like this.
  11. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I had to text an old college friend of mine to ask him who opened for Unrest when I saw them. He said Slant 6, and he only remembered because he took pictures at the show.

hutlock likes this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Did anyone order the Art Blakey 3 LP set? I hope it's not a Dol pressing. I couldn't find any info on it and I ordered blindly. Hope it doesn't suck

13. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

They list the label and UPC right there on the website. I couldn't find an Art Blakey 3LP set when searching, so I'm not sure which record you're referring to.

14. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I just received a copy today (in my third DD order), and it's shrinkwrapped.

hutlock likes this.
  15. aoxomoxoa

I think it is this

Art Blakey & Les Jazz-Messengers* - Au Club Saint-Germain / Vol. 1 à 3

When I searched the item number on the web this came up. It was $22. May not be on the site anymore

16. Brian Hoffman

Oh man, that would've ruled.

hutlock and black sheriff like this.
  17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Like you said, it was a great time to be in college and listening to music. :agree::thumbsup:

hutlock likes this.
  18. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

19. aoxomoxoa

Well It's not likely this will ever be reissued by a major label. So Hopefully it's not bad.

20. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Agreed. Looking fwd to your impressions on this after you listen to it.

21. aoxomoxoa

Well I must say, it arrived today and so far I am impressed. The jacket is nice glossy, well done. Says it's a limited edition of 500 mine is hand scribed #328.
    Just playing side one now of the first LP. The record is flat and free of defects. The sound is pretty good considering it's a 1950's live recording from France.
    I know that RCA released these albums years ago. I wonder how they sound?
    These are a far cry from a MM or Tone Poet LP, but for $22 I am satisfied. Anything with Lee Morgan and Bobby Timmons is fine by me.

I also bought a cool album by blues man Eddie Boyd and a group from Holland (Cuby + Blizzards) from 1967 called "Praise The Blues". It's a MOV pressing on silver vinyl limited to 1000 in mono.
    It was also a cool surprise.
    The other item I picked this order was Pete Seeger "Goofing Off Suite". A Smithsonian Folkways reissue that looks very well done.

I love these sales!

Greenalishi and Jimijam like this.
  22. aoxomoxoa

I will go on to say that Benny Golson's playing on Whisper Not is worth the price of admission.
    I will recommend this album on music content alone. My mind is blown hearing these guys play live in 1958. The crowd noise and participation is something you don't hear on Van Gelder albums.
    Upon further research this album is not easy to find on vinyl so I am glad I have it.

riverrat, Greenalishi and Jimijam like this.
  23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Well, you’ve convinced me to grab it. Thanks for the thoughtful reviews!

aoxomoxoa and Greenalishi like this.
  24. porieux

porieux plook me now you savage rascal

My package arrived with someone else’s order inside the box :/

aoxomoxoa, Mike6565 and Greenalishi like this.
  25. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Did they have good taste