Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

This is not the first time I've heard of this happening

Greenalishi likes this.
  2. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Thanks for the notes on this set.
    I'm tempted but just got billed ~$80 for my 3 lp Tone Poet/BN80 order from Universal Music.
    Also I have the music already, as FLAC files from a 1994 3CD set from Japan, BVCJ-8606. Listening to Whisper Not as I write this...

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  3. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

They're pretty disorganized. They cancelled one of my items and then never refunded me so I had to write a message to them to do it. The albums I got were also a bit banged up but all in all I can't complain because there were some good deals.

Greenalishi likes this.
  4. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Still some good stuff left...

All The Things That I Did And All The Things That I Didn't Do
    The Milk Carton Kids
    LP $7.01

Give The People What They Want
    The Kinks
    LP $11.05

One Trick Pony
    Paul Simon
    LP $5.98

Patty Griffin S/T
    LP $8.15

Greenalishi and black sheriff like this.
  5. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

I just got an order of three lps in yesterday. It was double boxed. When I picked it up at the post office, the outer box was completely ripped open down the side such that you could read the sides of the lps. Everything checked out okay, but I wonder if someone at my post office is going through the mail. Glad I ordered some esoteric stuff.

6. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Got another order delivered. I really like the cd Charlie Shavers, Shavers Shivers. Never heard of him. But, it's big band stuff. Some singing. Kind of a early Louie Prima, in that , big band, with jump blues, Benny Goodman sound, but, some fun Joe Turner singing too. Real cool, to me. Not for everyone.

I like the new Breeders Album, All Nerve lp. Didn't like Rod Stewart Unplugged cd. Didn't like the new Mariane Faithful or Testement live in Edinburdg lps.

All in great condition and great service and prices. Just judging on music.

Ordered today, again, they sent me an email saying Guess Who, Wheatfield soul/Artificial Paradice cd was in stock. Ordered it so, got a few more, new , Loretta Lynn lp, Isley Bros, This Heart of Mine, lp, Leon Redbone, 1st record, lp, King Curtis, Soul Meeting, with Nat Adderley. Could be cool to hear, King Curtis in a different jazzier light. Prices right on all.

Gotta say the Eddie Boyd with Fleetwood Mac record is steller if no one has it. I have it on CD and have the expanded cd too. It's really really great. For those earlier mentioning another Eddie Boyd , this one is a killer. It's in the sale section on lp. I'm fine with my cds of it.

There was a new code i just Googled for Deep Discount code and it gave me 10 percent and it's free shipping right now.

hutlock likes this.
  7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Can you share the discount code? I was about to place an order!

8. Greenalishi

65BT4X2D3, The site was rpromocodes. com. They have other codes for Deep Discount, but, that was for 10 percent off the whole purchase. Worked earlier today.

I just Googled , Deep Discount Coupon Code and got it.

PhantomStranger and hutlock like this.
  9. hutlock

Awesome, thanks!!!

Greenalishi likes this.
  10. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Got 4 albums a few weeks ago for $26, a couple were colored vinyl surprises. Came perfect in the typical amazon type LP mailer.

Greenalishi likes this.
  11. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

Please feel free to post any good finds that may still be available,
    The Roky Erickson tribute lp "Where the Pyramid meets the Eye" is very good, and I am not a tribute fan at all.
    There is also a Cedar Walton album, "Third Set" on a label called Steeplechase that seems pretty good.
    Thanks for all the info to date!

hutlock and Greenalishi like this.
  12. Greenalishi

The ZZ Top cut is cool and so is the Sister Double Happiness one from memory. Only cd of that for me. Sister Double Happiness first record is a classic.

As i explore further seems like they discount new releases which doesn't happen as much anymore. Especially on cds. They are in my wheelhouse now to check. Cool spot Deep Discount.

13. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

This just arrived. What I didn't know is that it’s a 2-LP set. Probably needed to spread out the 14 songs from the original CD. Very happy, considering it was $9.75 shipped to my door!

14. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

I came here to report that if anyone was on the fence about the Lindsey Buckingham compilation to go for it. My copy arrived and it's awesome. Great mastering, sequencing, and pressing. But now it's backordered for $106. Sorry.

DLD and Greenalishi like this.
  15. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

I mean, if it's backordered then it's a little late to go for it, right?

16. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Yes, I think that's correct. But knowing (or hearing) what I am hearing now, it's well worth the $60 asking price elsewhere. But I would keep checking back because an Elton John record that was no longer available in the blowout bin is back in there.

Greenalishi likes this.
  17. Greenalishi

Yea, they seem to come and go. It's really trippy. Very interesting. And it keeps me interested. ;) and going back.....

18. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Looks like a whole lot of the great stuff that they had for cheap has been snapped up. Reason for us who spent their bucks there to feel good!

19. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Three of the four records I bought are gone now.

20. hutlock

Just went through the entire LP list figuring I would just make sure there wasn’t anything I missed before that I really should grab and of course there was 20+ new titles listed that weren’t there before that are in my cart now.

Just when I think I’m out...

GentleSenator, SJP and aperfecttool like this.
  21. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

do share ...oh crap better not! :wantsome:

hutlock and George Blair like this.
  22. hutlock

I just got my first CD order and man did it turn up some GOLD.

John Coltrane - The Complete Sun Ship Sessions
    Bill Laswell/Material - Temporary Music/One Down/Into the Outlands — I STILL can’t believe I got all 3 of these for $4.05!!!
    Death In Vegas - Dead Elvis 2CD deluxe — worth it for the remixes alone at the price of $4.98! Two Lone Swordsmen mixes KILL man!!!
    Lindstrom - Things Are Good Between Is As They Are
    Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Key 2CD
    Black Box Recorder - Passionoia
    VA - BBC Live Lounge Vol 3

And so far the best thing I’ve heard all year, two separate 2CD sets of unreleased Playgroup tracks. Not the On-U Sound Playgroup, but the Trevor Jackson Playgroup who put out one of the most astounding under the radar releases of the last billion years under that name. He also used to be known as Underdog and owned/founded the fantastic Output label, original home to Four Tet and a bunch of others. If you know who he is and what this is, run don’t walk. I’m INSANELY pleased with these sets.

23. hutlock

My bad — the Lindstrom album is called It’s Alright Between Us As It Is.

I was close but I was just too damn excited about the Playgroup discs!!!

24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Save us some time scrolling through all the chaff and tell us which ones are "new"!

25. hutlock

The ones that made my list that I thought were new might not appeal to the masses (and might not be new but I sure didn’t see them before!) but...

Neneh Cherry - Blank Project (EXCELLENT album btw)
    A Certain Ratio - Mind Made Up
    Nordub (Sly & Robbie with Nils-Petter Molvaer and Vladislav Delay!!!!)
    Peter Doherty (of the Libertines) - Hamburg Demonstration
    The Lemon Twigs - Go To School

And a few titles on the Warp label that I didn’t see before by Hudson Mohawke, patten, Gaika, and Nozinga. Again apologies in advance if these aren’t “new” to some of you... I haven’t been to the list in a while.

black sheriff and riverrat like this.