Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

Their review for Lateralus was also particularly snarky and smartassey. Didn't see the one for 10k Days. Is Pitchfork still relevant to anybody?

malcolm reynolds likes this.
  2. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Just played the sample...sounds like a poorly recorded track of someone noodling around on his guitar with a delay pedal. Trolled.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  3. George P

George P Notable Member

I hadn't read the review before, so I looked it up.

Am I alone in being annoyed at the authors unintelligible use of italics?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    lordfalconer likes this.
  4. George P

George P Notable Member

Man, you aren't kiddin'. They give it a 1.9/10 :laugh:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Chrome_Head likes this.
  5. Chrome_Head

Not going to view it again and give them clicks--didn't the reviewer do it snarkily like some "what I did on my summer vacation when I was 14" or something?

VinylMario and Hymie the Robot like this.
  6. George P

George P Notable Member

He may have. I didn't make it that far.

Good point on the clicks, I'm taking the links down.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  7. George P

George P Notable Member

If you don't mind removing my link from your post, that would be great. Thanks.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  8. Chrome_Head

Darn it, just missed the editing window.

George P likes this.
  9. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

10. Under_the_tears

Under_the_tears New Member

If I calculated it correctly we have a minum of 6 songs. If you deduct Descending, Invincibe and CC Trip (if this rumor is correct) we already heard 35 minutes of the maximum 80 minutes that can be recorded. If the single is an unknown, song, that will be over the 2/3 mark.

And to be honest 6 songs is a meagre harvest after 13 years. And I.disagree with: you have rather a solid album than a watered down.one?. What watered down? 13 years is a long time. The problem with songs with only 6 songs (aprox, could be one more) is that variety is less. If some songs dont click this means that 50% doesnt click. For example Invincible does little for me. Descending is better but not their best song. If CC Trip is on there as an instrumental, I can only hope that the 18 minutes is good. In short: if there are less songs, that means less songs to pick and choose from. More songs give more songs to decide which one is your favourite etc. Less chance with lesser.song. Nothing to do with "watering down". If it is 6 songs, which I expect than it is 1.10 year.per song. That is a long time.

11. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Ah yes. The Pitchfork review
    Yup. A fair summary of the reviewer's opinion would be 'ha ha ha ha - I'm way too cool for this proggy wankery!'

Chrome_Head likes this.
  12. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Who the heck cares about Pitchfork, they even make Rolling Stone seem like they know what they are talking about, and that is beyond sad.

So ready for the new album, hard to believe it's actually happening. I'm in for the vinyl (I hope) and plan on being locked dead center in my sweet spot for hours when it arrives.

13. Ristifer

Ristifer Forum Resident

I don't understand this logic. The album could have 22 songs, be 80 minutes, and still be worth nothing. We don't know anything at this point. Even the live versions of two songs could sound vastly different in studio versions.

And not to be captain obvious, but if you were waiting this long and decided that watching the two fairly lengthy songs on YouTube was the route for you, then you're already trying to spoil yourself anyway.

14. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Who cares how many "songs" there are. Lateralus only has 9 songs (I count Parabol/Parabola as 1 song). 10.000 Days has 7 songs (I count Wings/10.000 Days as one song). Maybe the "18-minute song" will also be split up in 3 parts on the tracklist or something. I'm sure it will be awesome anyway.

Dorian75 and pexie like this.
  15. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

16. Chrome_Head

According to a post on Adam's Instagram, the band will be unveiling the new album art tomorrow for the first time:

https://i.redd.it/hhj9bc5laie31.jpg

Also, YouTube is doing a live countdown for the new album, featuring live performances, pretty cool:

Boswell likes this.
  17. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

What about a preorder? The release date is 26 days from today. Or is everyone getting a free copy and Tool is just going to send out 4 copies to every household on the planet?

GentleSenator and Boswell like this.
  18. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

Listen to the drum fill at around 4:02. Ecstasy.

And check out this Volto! track to keep you occupied for a while:

Grohlfan, Dmann201 and Alternative4 like this.
  19. Finch Platte

That is SO freaking powerful.

25 days. *sigh*

scotti likes this.
  20. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

Undertow only has 9 tracks and their mainly 5-7 mins long so, 7 tracks each over 10mins is just fine....

21. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

always been a fan of tool's music, but man are these guys jackasses.

looking forward to this.

Dmann201 and theshape like this.
  23. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I might wait until the wave forms and DR ratings are posted so I will know if I should like the songs or not before buying the CD.

24. Finch Platte

I'm going to wait until I find out what kind of font they're using in the liner notes.

GoodKitty, theshape and Chrome_Head like this.
  25. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I’m just going to wait until I can purchase the album and listen to it before I decide whether or not I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.