2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

I’m really gunning for a completely digitally remixed box. It would be nice to finally break away from only having two options, mono and duophonic. If it’s reasonably priced and pressed well I will most likely pick it up

2. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Original mono/stereo mixes or BUST.

3. JBassNut

JBassNut Forum Resident

I have always been a fan of the 3" CD singles released in the US with plastic cases. I chased them all down as they came out back then. I have many still sealed in their longboxes. I also designed a rack to hold them and I got a guy to 3D print it out for me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Well that’s your opinion. But for me Stereo She Loves You is far too seductive to shut out

FJFP likes this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  6. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

The only option for a stereo She Loves You would be a fake extraction mix, and there is nothing seductive about that at all.

7. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

It's not for lack of trying for a fake stereo She Loves You.

Capitol tried in 1964. EMI in 1966. Brennan says it was done again for the Red Album. There have been fan productions separating the usual mono version. There have been combinations of the English and German versions.

Maybe someday they'll get it right.

8. saborlord123

saborlord123 "I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy."

Arnold Grove likes this.
  9. Well, the thing is that Paul’s bass is not more prominent in remastered or remixed songs and there was no “fiasco” involving songwriting credits. There is no conspiracy orchestrated by Paul to minimize Lennon. Like most conspiracy theories, this one is false.

10. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Are you referring to de-mixing or something else with a fake extraction mix?

11. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

That's beautiful!

But everytime I see the details of this set I can't help but wonder... why did they "forget" I Feel Fine ....?

12. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

You mean - why is it last in the collection? Good question!

Cheers,
    Paul

jmxw likes this.
  13. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I'm hoping that the session tapes or previously unknown copies will some day be found in some landfill or found in a hoarder's stash.

Unlikely, I know. But a guy can dream, can't he?

14. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

Looks like you organized it by the CD3 catalog number instead of chronological order of original release.

15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Which will then get overtaken by the Abbey Road Box Set thread once that set is officially announced. And then after that one runs its course, this present thread will rise to the top. So the circle will become complete in Early November or so.

16. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

But... why is I Feel Fine out of sequence in terms of catalog numbers?

It always looks to me like they "forgot" that single, then said ... "oh, wait, there's one more, let's just stick it in after the rest.." instead of just giving them chonologically ordered catalog numbers.

Again, why?

[It's not like they had to contend with other catalog numbers fitting in between them..]

Lewisboogie likes this.
  17. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

It certainly is odd.

18. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

But look at the rest of the CD3s in that picture, there are other singles out of sequence as well.
    Look at the entire last half of them in that rack.

19. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Fair enough. I guess I Feel Fine just sticks out to me more because it's at the end.

But it still begs the question, why not just sequence the catalog numbers in the order they were released.........? :wtf:

Lewisboogie likes this.
  20. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

The parlophone catalog numbers are chronologically ordered. It appears this is just a Capitol thing.

planckera likes this.
  21. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

[​IMG]
    ;)

22. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

De-mixing is Abbey Road's own term for extraction mixing, which they have been applying to mutli-tracks (to boost locked in instruments) and mono mixes (to get a believable stereo result). So far the results have been non-impressive, much like the great strides they made in noise reduction technology.

If it's anything like the fake stereo crap on the Rolling Stones BBC release, I'm sure we'd be in for an absolute treat with a "stereo" She Loves You :biglaugh:

23. JBassNut

JBassNut Forum Resident

Yeah, it drives me crazy that it is out of order but I decided to organize it by catalog number and be done with it. I just wish they had done an American singles set.

Lewisboogie and jmxw like this.
  24. I bought Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever when it came out (and still have it) but never managed to find any of the others around that time. I was looking, too, as at the time it was the only way to get many of the tracks in mono on CD.

JBassNut likes this.
  25. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I find there is a bit more bottom end on the remastered but from what I understand, that's how it was recorded/mixed. They ducked the bass in the mastering (or should I say stepped over it?)

Either way it's amazing that keeps coming up....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.