Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

LOL. Thank god, because I was just about to respond with a "What? No love for the Carpenters?!?" It is an amazing deal.

I also grabbed the Stones and Kinks sets too. #ResistanceIsFutile

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

almost any time I click on something I want it says does not ship to my selected location. I suppose this means to anywhere in the USA right?

3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Correct from what I can tell. I got lucky in that my #1 item on the list was the Bowie vinyl box and that was good for the USA. Several other titles were intriguing but those were not available. Probably just as well.

4. floyd

floyd Senior Member

The Bowie would have been great and naturally worth signing up for Canadian Prime for. The ones I have found that do ship to my location are ok deals but if I add a Prime membership (even for just a month) and probably still some shipping since I doubt Canadian Prime gets you free shipping to the US then the deal is not so good unless I find a bunch more or one of the ones listed earlier.

SJP likes this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Prime is supposedly free for 30 days. Shipping was pricey but don’t forget the favorable exchange rate. Bowie was about $52 out the door.

ptijerm, imarcq and floyd like this.
  6. japes

japes Senior Member

So non-Canadians can sign up for Prime?

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Apparently, to my surprise.

8. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

It’s been an expensive August. Combine this with the Yep Roc sale...big:cheers:

9. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I guess so but I am not really sure what it brings you except for being able to have deals like above (which would have been worth it alone) but having Canadian Prime does not give you free shipping to the US as far as I know. Also, so many items are not available for shipping to the US anyway one would have to calculate if it is worth it. If you got the Bowie deal stated above it certainly was.

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Free for the first 30 days, worth it in my book!

11. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

I've gotten shipping notices for several orders in this deal already.

Apparently, the Tragically Hip LP collection was going for $30 as part of this. Would have been a sweet deal.

ptijerm and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  12. No sh!t, eh? :)

13. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

I saw it this morning for like $600 CAD so if it was it was early and gone fast

14. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I’d need to see that deal to believe it. I know there were some crazy deals today but A $500-$600 dollar set going for $30 doesn’t seem very probable...

15. Bloom

I'm not the OP but I saw Fully Completely on vinyl for about $30 CAD on the Prime Deal list so that MIGHT be what they meant. I'm with you- a $600 CAD box like that would be insane and would surely get cancelled. The shipping would cost more lol

ptijerm and noname74 like this.
  16. noname74

I got it at their last box set blowout a year or so ago for $250...I’ve never seen it cheaper before or since.

17. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

I'm going by the Reddit vinyl deals thing. That's why I said "apparently".

18. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

I can confirm that the Tragically Hip box was definitely at a great price. I bought mine at 6 am today. The total cost with tax came to $24.85. My box will be delivered on Wednesday - 13 albums worth.

Johnny Vinyl, jazon and ptijerm like this.
  19. Bloom

Well that def wins. I'll comfort myself thinking no way that one shipped to USA like many of the other box sets

20. noname74

If that’s the case you got a helluva score...enjoy it!

ptijerm likes this.
  21. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Holy S-Hip! That was an amazing deal!!! I guess I should have logged in to Amazon earlier!!

22. popmat

popmat Forum Resident

Now the cancel order messages are coming from Amazon.ca with pricing errors.

23. noname74

I wondered if that would happen on some of the more extreme deals. Which did they cancel on you?

24. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I too received cancellation notices for my Bowie, Springsteen and Buffalo Springfield box sets ☹️

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  25. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

This is absolutely BS from Amazon. Learn how to do business. They have millions invested in their tech. Price errors? Too bad. Honor those prices. Don't cancel customer orders!! Absolutely ridiculous

formu_la likes this.