Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Incredible

2. popmat

popmat Forum Resident

Buffalo Springfield
    Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
    Stones - From the Vaults, No Security
    Mark Knopfler
    Kate Bush - Remastered in Vinyl I
    Grant Green

Here's hoping that the others will be good:
    Eagles - Hotel California [probably will be ok as this was not 'extreme']
    Jeff Beck Live in Hollywood
    Stones - Bridges to Bremen
    Stones - Voodoo Lounge Uncut
    Kinks - Village Green box [this might be at risk]

I remember something like this happened a couple of years ago.....but Amazon.ca honoured most of the orders I placed back then.

3. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

Nothing of mine got cancelled. I still have a Kate Bush vinyl set coming (Vol 3). This situation seems to be somewhat of a lottery - maybe it depended on what time of day you ordered.

4. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I have received no cancellation notices yet. Bowie and Springsteen were gone when I tried to order them. Buffalo Springfield still in my orders as is everything else I ordered.

5. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I'm wondering if multi-item orders are being cancelled, rather than orders for single items. My cancellation notice was for an order with four items (Buffalo Springfield, David Bowie, Eagles and Springsteen). Two other orders (with one item each) are still alive and well.

6. allbrosca

My Buffalo Springfield order is still showing as good and it included Stones R'nR Circus and the Mark Knopfler Box. Also had a single order of the Kinks and another with the Prince and 2 Kate Bush. So far the latter order (arriving today) and the Stones showing as shipped, Kinks and Springfield showing as arriving Aug 8 to 14 and Knopfler and Stones showing as arriving Thursday.

ptijerm likes this.
  7. popmat

popmat Forum Resident

Who knows? My items were spread over 4 orders. The Kinks set was ordered stand alone. Something from each of my other 3 groupings was cancelled.

noname74 and ptijerm like this.
  8. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

9. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Seems to be luck of the draw. My Buffalo Springfield (ordered alone) was cancelled, as were Grant Green and Bobbi Humphrey (the latter only a $9 savings, so don't get why that was not honoured), which were in another order. But my Bowie order has shipped! Go figure! If I get that one, though, I can't really complain.

I am in awe of @Mistermono's luck, though! Nice!

Bloom and ptijerm like this.
  10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I've been through this before with Amazon.ca (not this time). If the item you ordered was in stock when you ordered it, you have a chance to get it. If it wasn't chances are good it will get canceled. Beyond that, it's luck of the draw.

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

There was a legitimate special Amazon Canada Prime Members Only Vinyl sale yesterday as they even had a little banner about it..so some of the deals were legit and will be shipped whether it’s in stock or not. The odd thing is at the same time as the sale there were some definite vinyl pricing errors...those are the ones that probably will be cancelled if they aren’t in stock.

12. Received 4 out of 6 titles today (ordered yesterday).

The Buffalo Springfield has shipped and is scheduled to arrive this Friday.
    The Kinks will ship next week.
    Both of these are coming from Amazon.COM.CA and not Amazon.CA. Had they been I'm sure they would have come with the order today.

[​IMG]

imarcq, ptijerm, Simon A and 2 others like this.
  13. allbrosca

I received 3 out of 7. Prince and Kate Bush 1 and 3. Stones R'nR Circus has shipped and showing arrival on Thursday from .com.ca. It has a tracking number and is presently at an Amazon facility in Michigan. Knopfler preparing for shipment and delivery shows Thursday by 8 pm, Buffalo Springfield preparing for shipment and shows delivery by Thursday to August the 14th, and Kinks shows arriving Aug 8 to 12. All from .com.ca. We'll see what gets here when! Also received a shipment from Intervention Records today. No duty or taxes!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    imarcq and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  14. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I ordered 10 items and nothing cancelled so far.

imarcq, ptijerm and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  15. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

My Beatles and Kate we're cancelled! They said pricing error in the email, which is crap. I'm going to call them and insist they follow through on my order.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Bloom likes this.
  16. drindle

drindle Forum Resident

Got my Beatles box today. Kinks has shipped and should be here Friday

jazon and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Bowie has SHIPPED to the USA!

imarcq, ptijerm, jazon and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Checking in- Janis and Prince have shipped and arriving next week. Praise be the rock gods

Johnny Vinyl and imarcq like this.
  19. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Score!!!!! :)

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  20. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I might do the same.

tubesandvinyl likes this.
  21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'd call. One would think that examples of others who received their orders of the same items would pretty much destroy any pricing error argument.

22. allbrosca

6 out of my 7 now showing as shipped or received. Buffalo Springfield showing as,arriving Aug 8 to 14. Hopefully not to be followed with a message that they couldn't source it.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  23. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I contacted Amazon customer service to complain about my order cancellation. While I wasn't able to get the full order reinstated, they did offer me one of the items at the original sale price...so I went with the Bowie box for $44.99; figured it was the best bang for the buck. Shipped and on the way

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ Well played!

ptijerm and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  25. allbrosca