Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Sorry to hear about those with cancelled items. I guess I'm finally having some good luck with Amazon...all of my multitude of items have shipped and I actually received the Springsteen and Kate Bush box sets yesterday. About half of my items seem to be coming from the US as they will not arrive until Friday or Monday of next week.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  2. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

The irony here that many of the boxes wouldn't ship to USA presumably due to the weight and shipping...

ptijerm likes this.
  3. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Yes, exactly. Plus pictures of delivered items that were "price errors".

4. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

But they clearly were price errors, just some were delivered and some weren't.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

How is it a price error if some were honored?

The whole thing was under the guise of a special Prime promotion.

tubesandvinyl and GentleSenator like this.
  6. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Maybe one warehouse erroneously delivered and another didn't because they saw it was an error?

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Don’t make excuses for Amazon. They should honor all of the posted prices.

tubesandvinyl and Bloom like this.
  8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

My guess is that it was a legit planned prime promotion but errors were made in pricing; either in terms of the amount of discount or perhaps the item should've been excluded outright.

I'm also guessing that the shipping warehouse wouldn't know if there is an error or not. They probably don't even see prices, just what to pick. The error was likely discovered by the department responsible for the pricing or monitoring purchases. You can bet they monitor purchases and if there are spikes they investigate.

Some likely shipped/were ready for shipping before the error was caught. Any not yet ready to be shipped/picked were cancelled. My experience with Amazon is that once an order get's past a certain processing point, trying to get it cancelled is not easy.

This has happened quite a few times across various Amazon sites over the past few years. Whenever the sales look too good to be true, they're usually followed by posts, here, that orders were cancelled.

9. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

All I am saying is they have justification in saying there were price errors when e.g. a box set containing 15LPs and normally costing up to $600 is marked at $21.99 (Tragically Hip).

Dennis Metz likes this.
  10. tubesandvinyl

Agreed. But they fulfilled that order to one of our members.

They cancelled my Beatle's 7 inch singles at $27, regular price$70. That's BS.

SJP likes this.
  11. tubesandvinyl

Exactly!!!!

12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Less than 24 hours since the shipping notice. Less than 24 hours since I was wondering if my order for the Bowie box would even be fulfilled. Much to my surprise, the darned thing arrived TODAY!!!

:pineapple::goodie:

13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Hallelujah.

:goodie:

14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ For the record, I didn't have to pitch a fit. * This whole thing kind of reminded me of the epic AmazonUK box set frenzy from a few years ago. Things were cancelled right and left but a lot of the orders were actually fulfilled. I'm certain that if more had been available for shipping to the USA that I'd have had cancellations as well.

This was the Bowie vinyl box period I coveted. I previously purchased Loving The Alien from AmazonUSA for $137 thinking it was a solid price and that'd be my one and only Bowie vinyl box. Who knew this would happen?

Glad to have both. Short of a repress of the Five Years box, I'm NOT going after a complete set.

* AmazonCA has honored a few really tremendous deals for me. Bowie is tops but $38 for the Queen "News Of The World" box was amazing as well.

Johnny Vinyl and imarcq like this.
  15. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

When I bought the 'Five Years' vinyl box, Amazon had them for maybe $125.
    I remember it being roughly $9 a disc. They were trying to clear the shelves.

imarcq likes this.
  16. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Result! :)

17. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I’m on the line with customer service and getting nowhere :cheers:

18. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

LOL. It can at times be a painful experience...

Dennis Metz likes this.
  19. Dennis Metz

They have supposedly escalated this and will get back to me by Monday. I won’t hold my breath, but at least I got an Email confirmation

ptijerm likes this.
  20. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Abbey Road Deluxe set $37.59. Order now! :)

[​IMG]

allbrosca likes this.
  21. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

22. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Even if it's a mistake, it's worth a try.

formu_la likes this.
  23. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

24. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Yes, it is.

25. Dennis Metz

It would have been another disappointment :cheers: