Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

At $45 I wonder if the band is even making a profit off of the CD and just releasing it for the "hardcore" fans and figure everyone else will just download the digital or stream it?

ChristopherTeuma likes this.
  2. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Thanks, in case something happens to my Amazon order! I don't know what's going. Perhaps these really were a limited release? Hopefully there's no problem with the CD distribution. Sure this deluxe package is pretty gimmicky, but if Tool's intentions were to listen with this accompaniment, at least I'll have that! What I'm really interested in is if we're getting this on vinyl!
    Hopefully from what Adam was hinting on in the other Tool thread awhile back, is that we also get the past disco on vinyl finally reissued!
    Fingers crossed:righton:

3. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i think we'll get 1 or 2 more albums from them yet, i really don't think the next one will take as long as this last one....

i could see 5 or 6 years in between the next one though, but definitely not 13.....
    guess we'll all just have to sit and wait.

4. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

If a 24 bit version doesn’t get released, I would be happy to buy it from you. :righton:

captainsisko and Chrome_Head like this.
  5. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

I honestly could see Fear Inoculum being the last Tool album, based on nothing but a hunch.

I told my friend Kimo he has first dibs (though he also preordered on Amazon) in case something goes wrong with his order, but I will keep you in mind. If there's no 24 bit and you're still interested later, remind me after all the smoke clears. :laugh:

eric777 likes this.
  6. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

I find it hard to believe that this is really selling out. Not that Tool can't manage too sell their CDs, but the fact that this thing really is limited. I'm wondering if there's some kinda problem with distribution maybe? If this thing truly did sell out, I'll be extremely impressed! Although the Euro Amazon sites still have them up including Canada. But that could be because of the prices. Not many people are have ordered merely because of the import prices.

7. Chrome_Head

How many do you really think are being made? Are the band kind of taking a loss on producing this? That could be why there are a set amount of finite copies.

8. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

No way they are producing a physical gimmick that will not be profitable. May not be making huge bank on it, but I doubt this is a break even or loss type deal.

9. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

I freaked out although I have a preorder on Amazom (the brief 37$ price + shipping & import costs to Europe) I also placed an order via ImportCDS (37$ + 6€ Shipping, I estimate import cost will be 10-20€ to paid to local customs office if it arrives here ever.

Been waiting 13 years for the new Tool album so if this cost me 120€ and I get 2 copies, so what. It's less than 10€ per year waiting for the new Tool CD.

If all above fails, at least I tried, and I can stream the album in lossy format via Spotify premium.

Wait, I could also order 1 copy via CDON.COM (129€ + shipping) but I doubt they will get them delivered either.

Fear Inoculum - Limited Deluxe Edition - Musiikki - CDON.COM

Also tried HMV UK but they only deliver within UK.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Chrome_Head likes this.
  10. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

A little spelling mistake by me here, of course I meant "put", hehe

edit: jesus, there are actually more than 100 copies on ebay right now, I meant it as a joke of course.

11. Chrome_Head

I have never sold anything on Flea Bay. So they actually let you post something for sale that hasn't even been released yet?

12. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Can anyone lead me to a legit FLAC or lossless download? I'm absolutely in love with this song. I need it lossless tho. Can't stand the Spotify stream...

13. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Hah, didn’t even read your message before I found out.
    And pre-ordered it.

:righton:

EricMack likes this.
  14. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

I'm assuming that this is a video brochure.
    Not that Tool's deluxe edition would be cheaper to make, but it looks like these don't require very much technical apt to make these things:

15. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

I pre-ordered on Barnes & Noble yesterday for $40 and change after Amazon, Walmart, and Bullmoose links for pre-order were closed.

oneway23 and Chrome_Head like this.
  16. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Standard editions usually get released along with any limited edition. Vinyl seems more likely.

17. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Well, if the rumors are true and the limited edition is indeed sold out, this would mean that's it? No more physical copies of this album available AT ALL until the vinyl is announced? Seems....... not right.

George McClellan likes this.
  18. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

It’s not, but when I notice that a place like Walmart barely sells any cd’s anymore it wouldn’t surprise me a bit.

19. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Ok now we're talking! Just started a Tidal account. Boy, this blows Spotify right out of the water! All of Tool's albums are included in this streaming platform, including FI. This will keep me until my CD arrives! :edthumbs:

snipe and oneway23 like this.
  20. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

They lost money on the 500,000 CDs they sold of 10k Days first week in the US. $9.99 price point was 2-3 dollars under unit cost of all the 3D stuff.

There were some quirks with their original contract that lead to that decision.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  21. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

I find that very hard to believe. Not wanting to argue or say you’re wrong as I have no data or proof; it just doesn’t seem plausible to me.

22. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

New Order/label lost money on every copy sold of Blue Monday. 5p each on 700,000 copies of the special die-cut color 12 inch sleeve.

Tool's label made money back on new copies of back catalog sold and those single song music DVDs. Plus the 2mil copies sold after 1st week. Plus the packaging won the band a Grammy.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  23. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Been listening to the title track and the two live tracks on repeat this evening. :goodie:

If the rest of the album’s gonna be THIS good that’s $34 well spent!!
    It sounds as if the soundscapes of Lateralus and 10.000 Days have been developed more.
    The loud parts seem more integrated with the band’s more meditative aspects. More of a piece.

24. stollar

stollar Forum Resident

Tool
    They earn decent now from streaming alone..

25. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

If I recall correctly, Maynard said this is the last album they owe to their record company. I think this will be their last, they aren't getting any younger, Maynard has other things to do, Danny seems happy playing local gigs in LA and the others seem to write at the rate of 1 bar a year.

EVOLVIST likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.