Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

Agree! This was a missed opportunity for fans to own a 24bit/96k version of the original mix

2. paulisdead

No. Just Paul.

spindly, vonwegen and AFOS like this.
  3. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Thanks thought so just wanted to confirm. John was involved in the mixing process though or just present?

4. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

John was just present in the control room of studio 3.

AFOS likes this.
  5. paulisdead

According to the Beatle Bible:

“Paul McCartney recorded Come And Get It on 24 July 1969, working with engineer Phil McDonald. John Lennon was in the control room observing, though declined to contribute.“

https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/come-and-get-it/

It was tracked and mixed before the recording of “Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard”.

LSP2003, maui jim, vonwegen and 5 others like this.
  6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

7. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

So, now that the three ‘Something’ tracks have been released, what song do you all think will be next up?

I find it interesting that it’s the first time the first track/outtake released wasn’t the first track on the album.

8. Embe

Embe New Member

If I would be responsible for this "Abbey Road Deluxe Box Set Project" I would include all the Abbey Road material that was already released - so that you have a compete box.

9. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

I'd love a video for "Oh! Darling", but eventually they will take the chance to release "Here Comes the Sun" or "Octopus's Garden" because both are maybe some of the best Beatles contributions of George and Ringo as songwriters.

I really love that album so I'm okay with everything.

10. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

How much of "Octopuses Garden" is George?

The video may be another deep cut as someone else was speculating. "Because" or "Oh Darling" would be possibilities

11. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

supermd, Bevok, BeatleJWOL and 20 others like this.
  12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Whatever ..prefer George Martin’s original mix.

Dan The Man1, applebonkerz and tezca like this.
  13. alexpop

14. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

As for the video, why not do something extraordinary and make a video of the Huge Medley?

Jayseph, BDC, seacliffe301 and 11 others like this.
  15. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

Maybe this mix is the same as the 1 video released a few years back?
    Can anyone confirm the difference between this new mix and the recent remaster from the 1 album

Carl Harrison likes this.
  16. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Am I right that all the outtakes are available on the 3 LP vinyl issue ? Which wasn't the case for Pepper or the White album ?

FJFP likes this.
  17. hidlive

hidlive made you look

A/B comparing the original and 2019 mix of Spmething, I can tell much care was taken into this and I fully await the entire album's release. You can remaster all you want but you need to re-mix to get TRUE clarity! :)

18. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

That would certainly be amazing, but I can’t imagine they would do that until after the set is released.

Indeed.

Seltarb and hidlive like this.
  19. Westerwick

Westerwick Forum Resident

I listened to the three Something versions for the first time last night and was very impressed, I can’t wait to hear the whole thing. It sounds fresh ! I’m excited!

20. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

The piano is clearly audible at 1' 41'' in the 2015 remix:

21. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

I take it you aren’t going to purchase then?

BeatleJWOL and spindly like this.
  22. Ken Wood

Ken Wood Forum Resident

Call me deaf but I don`t even hear a piano. I hear a organ though that indeed seems to stop here at this break or is faded down.
    Is that what you mean? I guess an artistic decicion to make that moment more concise with it`s "dum dum dum dum dum" bass line.
    No use for sustained organ notes. Or John played crap there and they faded him out. ;-)

EDIT:
    Now I hear the piano but I had to go back to the older mix. How could I have missed it - the coffee hasn`t kicked in properly yet I guess. Yes, it seems they took some punch out of these notes.

applejam101 and phillyal1 like this.
  23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes, I too would prefer that approach, especially as there is much extra time on the outtake discs to include more songs. But Apple is not going to give us a Complete box. They like to curate things carefully.

24. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Don’t suppose you have lists like this for the other boxes? Tempting to compile a CD/playlist of what’s still exclusive to Anthology 2 and 3.

maui jim likes this.
  25. alexpop

I’m a bit tentative now about getting triple vinyl. I’ll wait for manufacturing/Sonics reviews. Outtakes? CDs better suited for skipping tracks. Food for thought I tell myself. Or, food on the table if I don’t buy. :D

samurai and Dan The Man1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.