Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

Always amazed no one ever seems to bother with IMHO is the best priced shop on the net (for almost anything) - "Import CD's" (located in America).
    Currently:
    Abbey Road Deluxe Box Set: $77.42 US
    Abbey Road 2 CD: $18.04 US
    Abbey Road 1 CD: $13.36 US
    Abbey Road 3 LP: $81.01 US
    Abbey Road 1 LP: $20.53 US
    Abbey Road Pic Disc: $31.19 US

They have always been brilliant for me, very fast with very decent postage rates too.

Robur, Full Circle, sway61 and 3 others like this.
  2. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

In this instance, it's cheaper to get it from Bullmoose. They have no tax and their free shipping still gets you release day delivery. Importcds you have to pay for at least expedited shipping at around $8 and Amazon makes you be a prime member for free release date delivery.

sway61, BuckNaked, SteelyNJ and 2 others like this.
  3. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Hes not in the US though. In Australia.

frogfog likes this.
  4. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

It's info for anyone considering where to buy from, not him particularly.

5. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

I bought the two McCartney Archive boxes from them last year. Good prices but they took a little while to get to me.

6. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

If anyone cares, I preordered the 3CD+Blu-ray set from Bullmoose for $83 (no tax, free shipping) and the single LP from Amazon for $23 (+ tax, free Prime shipping). Bullmoose for the box set because I have an established account with them, they are reliable, ship quickly and were significantly cheaper. I went with Amazon for the vinyl because they have the quickest shipping, the best return/exchange policies (should there be any damage or quality issues with the more fragile product) and the price difference was relatively negligible.

7. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Amazon US is the only Amazon site where the deluxe isn't on sale.

8. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

I ordered my box set from them as well. Looking forward to it. :righton:

9. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I’ve noticed. I have it preordered there & bought one from PopMarket. I doubt Amazon will go as low as PopMarket.

10. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Any UK options other than Amazon that anyone has found? The Amazon UK price is ok ish. It really needs to be £20 cheaper given that all three CDs look as though they come in around the 40 minute mark. But you have to allow for Beatle tax.

11. Yes. They have always been a bit slow but have become more impersonal since their latest takeover by Direct To You. In the early days, they were a part of Sony and served as a clearing house for overstock. At that time they actually had an inventory. I believe that ownership changed and when they got into newer and current releases, they would sell before they actually got in in stock, and then do all the shipping themselves. That took extra time. Then, they started having the one-stop they used in Shepherdsville, KY to direct ship. This one-stop also ships for Amazon, if it comes from KY. They use media mail, so it often takes a little longer, but lately, with a pre-release purchase, I often receive it within a couple of days after the release. With Amazon Prime, I receive it the day of release.

12. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Remember when amazon would cut the price on everyone and everything that was issued? now that a lot of the competition is eliminated they figure they don't have to compete as much. :shake:

mrjinks, ODShowtime and ispace like this.
  13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Amazon will also kick your butt out if you return a certain percentage of your purchases.
    Amazon's shipping of vinyl is a roll of the dice, as their packing of vinyl is never consistent, whereas Bull Moose always uses proper album mailers, and as I've already posted, I've never, in 11 years, received a damaged item from Bull Moose.

I know we all have our favorite retailers, for our own reasons, but for shipping vinyl, you've bypassed a sure thing, for as I say, a roll of the dice.
    Best of luck.

audiomixer likes this.
  14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I posted this in the other Abbey Road thread, but it should belong here:

When the White Album Deluxe box was first listed, it stayed at list price on Amazon for about 2 weeks. Then, it dropped about $50 bucks to around $120 or so.

Does anyone remember this happening? Or am I confusing it with some other album?

Bill and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
  15. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Sounds about right to me.

Arnold Grove likes this.
  16. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

True.
    I've returned 'The Wall" vinyl whooping 6th time to Amazon. Now waiting for the next one. Every time a corner damage. But to be fair it looks like they're getting them pre-packaged. All Pink Floyd comes in one type, and for example Tone poet in other (much better ) package.

17. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Does Bull Moose charge your card right away on pre orders?

18. AFA

AFA Forum Resident

That's interesting. Usually on the second, and always by the third time, Amazon just gives me a refund and asks me to buy from fresh. Are you actually able to return an item 6 times in a row?

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

No.

20. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Thanks!

Myke likes this.
  21. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Thanks. It is good to get verification that someone else recalls this. It will be interesting to see if this is how Amazon will handle the price again.

22. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

WE AGREE!
    [​IMG]

23. crp207

crp207 Forum Resident

Price went up to $90...

24. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Have any of the digital only releases so far included hi res 2.0 and hi res 5.1 ? Lately I've been moving away from physical media when possible.

25. kokishin

kokishin Forum Resident

[​IMG]

supermd, ODShowtime, ispace and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.