Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

You mean Shetland Road. That’s a Shetland Pony, not a donkey. Still, great photo.

Shetland pony - Wikipedia

2. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

Maybe attach your ears the next time you listen! Thanks more for the rest of us!

Bevok, Lluis, Beatle Ed and 2 others like this.
  3. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

It's encouraging that he's pushing for it. His input had some bearing on the decision to do the mono box AAA. I'd much prefer to buy that over the remix but both would be great!

Dan The Man1 and Jimmy Cooper like this.
  4. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I'm with you. The string-only rendition of "Something" is amazing to have. And there is Beatle involvement of course, George Harrison wrote the dang song.

You know Beethoven and Bach don't play on their songs, but the orchestra playing them is quite enjoyable anyway.

Bevok, BeatleJWOL, audiotom and 9 others like this.
  5. J Alesait

J Alesait Forum Resident

55th Anniversary on 2021 is my guess...

jmxw likes this.
  6. hidlive

hidlive made you look

How long until we get a whole album of just the orchestral overdubs? Eleanor Rigby, A Day In The Life, Within You Without You, All You Need Is Love, I Am The Walrus, Hey Jude, Here Comes The Sun, Something, Golden Slumbers, The End, Let It Be, While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Love version), etc.

7. Bern

Bern JC4Me

jammincrowe, BeatlesBop and jricc like this.
  8. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

I wonder ( I don't know ) if one of the reasons Apple is including 'strings only ' & various other elements mixes...is for the musically-recording inclined fans , that enjoy remixing, mashing etc on their home equipment.

By the way, for those unaware, unlike say 1965 or 75 or 85 or even 1995...nowadays..2 to 3 $ thousand dollars of home recording equipment can do 90% of a multi million dollar studio...and also so many things with Editing, Fidelity, accquiring interesting sounds & more. That was undreamed of in ANY studio just 10-20 years ago...of course it has a lot to do with the skill of the engineer-operator.

Anyway offhand, the one time I really liked it was I think Beatles LOVE 2006 & possibly Anthology 95-96 they created an accapella 'Because' & did 'Sun King ' backwards or something like that.....they ( Apple ) seem to running out of gas for new ideas..

But all is welcome & I agree with the guys brilliant post a page or 2 back...Arnie seconded it by the way..

Everything on this Abbey Road 50 & every Abbey Road track on Anthology 3 & or LOVE....& I'd include non lp related singles-in this case Ballad Of John & Yoko & Old Brown Shoe...ALL IN ONE set & package....& its lame to not create mixes Of Who Slapped John & all that stuff for inclusion...

WHY ----?? Well for one thing if Apple tries a redo 10 years down the of an Abbey Road box with a few extras-I think quite rightly Fans would tell em where to stick it...Capitalism & high prices for box sets is ok..but a series of Box Sets 2-for everthing we held back last time....I think would be poorly recieved.

Next-----I can almost hear the machinery warming up for that company-that made all those gray area Beatles box sets...of much more complete sets of every Beatles album....than Apple ever did...was it a company or just loving fans ? No idea...i'll get off this before I get in trouble...

Convienence----its getting weird in Apple Beatle land...where you need to buy nearly as many various albums, compilations, singles...as say Townshend & The WHO...to get all the various songs, versions, mixes..Now just using Abbey Road 1969 as an example....to get all the songs, alternates, mixes from the Abbey Road album..one must own

1-Abbey Road
    2-Abbey Road 50th Ann
    3-Anthology Vol 3
    4-Past Masters-B of J & Yoko-Old Brn Shoe
    5-Beatles 1-1+
    6-Beatles LOVE 2006
    7-2009 Abbey Road remaster

Really there are at least 5-10 more, for fanatics that want the 73 Blue album for whatever reasons, certain pressings,formats, masterings....but even just normal fans have been asked to buy Abbey Road songs at least 6-8 times....but they can't spend 4 or 5 hours compiling a mix of Who Slapped John, Aint She Sweet Cold Turkey or add the Ballad of J & Yoko O Brown Shoe single....really ?

hidlive likes this.
  9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

His White Album thread was brilliant.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Kim Olesen likes this.
  10. alexpop

Like his cept the anthology blurb at the top. A clear anthology sticker on the top right corner would look better imo.

11. alexpop

Maybe not so crazy.

What about Anniversary Revolver and Rubber Soul boxes both coming our 2021. :)

( better late than never )

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    ronbow likes this.
  12. Royce

Royce Senior Member

I couldn't agree more! Where you at tinnox, it's not the same without you! Please come home. :)

13. alexpop

Listening to TWA 50th anniversary methinks. :)

14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

He was a good thread host.

johnny moondog 909, Bern and alexpop like this.
  15. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Lets see. In order to be a proper Beatles thread the following things need to be said:

1) Giles is wonderful / awful (you pick, its like Bandersnatch)
    2) The Black Triangle is still the best
    3) What no Carnival of Light?
    4) What no original 24/96 on the BluRay
    5) Drums are too centered and Paul's bass is too loud
    6) Hope the DR is better than 6

Now that we got that out of the way....so far the short clips sound good. Like the White Album, it is not a familiar sound to have so much clarity.

Looking forward to hearing the new mix of the medley with Her Majesty re-inserted.

I wonder how different the 5.1 version will sound compared with the Atmos version.

I am not clear; the double CD seems to have an alternate version of the album. Is that something that could be self created from the 3 CD version of the release?

16. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

7) George wasn't respected enough by John and exceptionally Paul as a songwriter/guitar player/musician/band member
    8) No AAA? wtf?

gmcjj and Shaddam IV like this.
  17. alexpop

No 45 rpm LP ? :)

18. alexpop

His favourite Beatles album was TWA.

19. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

There is video of the photo shoot?

20. All the tracks on the second CD of the double are obviously spread across the 2 discs on the deluxe.I personally wish they had configured one of the extra discs in the deluxe like that and then had the other 8 tracks on the third disc.I loved listening to Imagine this way.Even better was Kindergarten Achtung Baby and best of all was The Alternate Tusk which is a stunner.

Lewisboogie and pablo fanques like this.
  21. Frank

Frank Senior Member

[​IMG]

audiotom and Shaddam IV like this.
  22. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

Does anyone know where in the USA the Single LP and the Three LP sets are being pressed ?

23. tages

tages Senior Member

I didn’t know REVOLVER was broken - seems like it was pretty successful to me!

jmxw, hodgo, Beatle Ed and 7 others like this.
  24. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

QRP for the 1LP
    Optimal for the 3LP

Troy4 likes this.
  25. pablo fanques

pablo fanques Somebody's Bad Handwroter In Memoriam

For the love of Pete PLEASE don't tease me so! I almost had a heart attack when the Tittenhurst session moved in the opening video montage for Paul's Flowers Tour in '89. 30 years on, mobile Abbey Road might pret near KILL me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.