Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I have it preordered on Amazon & on PopMarket; who had it for $86 for one day; free shipping. I’d be surprised if Amazon beats that.

2. audiomixer

Yes, very much so.

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Thanks.
    I guess my memory was not that good.

4. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Same. After the third time they refunded. I asked : WTH? They said: Buy it again, we'll do one day shipping, and the cycle repeated.

5. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I tried Bull Moose for the first time and it says deluxe edition removed from my cart because its no longer available. (??)

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm asking Chris Brown via e mail what's up ? Will post when I get an answer.

MusicFan57 and milankey like this.
  7. Rick360/12

Rick360/12 Forum Resident

I ordered the white album from them and it arrived on release day as expected and promised. Have just ordered the super deluxe and the 3xLP vinyl set from them for a total of £132.98 including £8 postage/delivery.

I understand the reason to use other retailers pricing to try and get Amazon to price match, but in time, other retailers may cease to exist on that basis, and I’m happy to support smaller dealers who consistently offer excellent pricing and services, (not bashing Amazon, I’m a long-standing customer of theirs too).

8. harrislevinson

harrislevinson Active Member

in for one bullmoose order. thirty bucks less than amazon with taxes. have ordered from bullmosse before with good results

9. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

I have used What Records from over here in Australia and have never ever had a problem with them - not only do they have great service but they ship overseas!!

ispace and Farthingscat like this.
  10. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Amazon has it now for $76.54 free shipping. Will it go down any further?

11. Clonesteak

Amazon already did. $76.54

I bet is goes down to $73.64

Place your guesses now.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  12. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

Still showing 109 for me at Amazon. Link please.

13. audiomixer

Not Amazon US. $109.98 still.

14. Arnold Grove

Clonesteak and audiomixer like this.
  15. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

2cd was $24.98 yesterday. today its $19.72 at amazon US.

four sticks likes this.
  16. audiomixer

Arnold Grove likes this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Yeah. I am not sure what the theory is behind their pricing strategy. I mean, if they plan to drop the price eventually, why wait? Or why not drop the price right now and then raise it a few days later to reward the early purchasers via preorders?

Is there some business sense in holding the cost at the list price while numerous other retail sites online are much lower in price?

18. audiomixer

I think we all need to specify what version we are buying when discussing prices.

BuckNaked, ispace, voles and 4 others like this.
  19. Arnold Grove

That bodes well for an eventual price drop for the big deluxe set. That is about a 20% decrease in price. So it will be interesting to see if the $109 list price would also drop by 20% too---which would bring the cost more in line with the other retailers.

20. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

You're right. That was Amz.FR's strategy and they got my purchase. I paid the equivalent of $71.84 including tax (so no custom fee) and shipping for the 3-LP version. Their price raised since.

RiRiIII likes this.
  21. Clonesteak

MusicFan57 and audiomixer like this.
  22. voles

voles Forum Lurker

£81.23 on Amazon UK

23. Sci-Flyer

Sci-Flyer Forum Resident

I’ve ordered quite a bit from What Records lately. In fact just unpacked a delivery this afternoon. Great prices and well packed deliveries. Their £8 capped shipping is ideal for larger orders.

My only minor niggle is some items can be out if stock after you’ve ordered and paid. And they don’t seem to automatically refund. I’ve had to email them on both occasions asking for a refund (which they did).

24. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

I'm not complaining here, just amused. The Beatles got our money in 2009 with the remasters, and now a decade later they have found a way to get our money yet again with the remixes and more outtakes. Amazing.

25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yes. And here we are on an internet forum, named for a reissue mastering engineer. Amazing ! :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.