Hip-O Select - Free Shipping code

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by detroit muscle, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA Thread Starter

Good through December 8.

Enter code at checkout HIPOHOLSHIP06

2. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Are Hip-O Select items only available through the website?

3. Pope V

Pope V Lurker

Thanks!

Ordered The Jam - SNAP! - finally.

Been on the fence for years now.

4. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA Thread Starter

yes

5. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Does The Joey Heatherton Album really have a censored cover, or is that just for the website picture?

6. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

It's just for the website. Buy the CD and have at it!

7. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Collector's Choice Music also sells Hip-O Select releases as well.

8. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Does this code work on any sized order, or is there a minimum dollar amount the order must reach before the free shipping works? Thanks. :)

9. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Does this code work for Canadian destinations?

I tried using it and the calculated shipping cost was $36.55.

I emailed Hip-O's customer service, but have received no answer (which is surprising - I have always found their customer service to be excellent).

I called their telephone customer service, which is contracted out to a third party company. The woman who answered was very courteous and tried to be of help. She did not believe that the free shipping promotion extended to Canadian destinations (was not absolutely certain), and had no idea why I would be charged over $36 for shipping (when usually it is $6).

I was just wondering if any other Canadian customers were having problems, as well.

10. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I believe that the minimum order to take advantage of this is $100.00.

11. sbroache

sbroache Forum Resident

Worked for me. I ordered only the Jam BBC 2-disc for $7.99 and the free shipping was applied.

12. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

That's great! I thought I remembered something on another thread about it being $100 and that the Motown Vol. 6 was $99.95 or something like that. Good that it's not that far out!!

13. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I just ordered a single disc for a bit under $20, and it applied the free shipping. Strange considering the website does indeed state that the free shipping offer is good only for orders over $100 or orders of 3 items. But I'm certainly happy with the code working on all orders!

Unfortunately, I was charged sales tax, but that was unavoidable, and I still saved the shipping cost. Of course, it also appears they will be shipping the CD "3rd Class Bulk", whatever that is. Doesn't sound like it'll reach me terribly quickly. But this was just one specific item I wanted to get, and it's only available from them (and Collector's Choice, who charge about $4 more on the particular item I ordered).

Thanks for the heads up on free shipping! I had been a bit put off from ordering what I wanted in the past, but this is about as cheap as I'm ever going to get it!

14. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Yeah, I just ordered the Joey Heatherton disc too... :agree:

15. sbroache

sbroache Forum Resident

It only took about a week to get my package. Wish they still had the Jam Compact Snap set. I did a search on the site and could never find it even though they show a picture of it in their banner ad?!?!

16. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Isn't this it?

17. sbroache

sbroache Forum Resident

Thanks! You're right! Yet I did a search under The Jam and it does not come up.

18. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I don't think so. I just had my order shipped to my daughter in the US.

19. clairehuxtable

clairehuxtable Forum Resident

I got the $36 shipping charge also - I called cust. service and they told me the free shipping only applies in the U.S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.