TV shows that have not been shown on TV in a long time

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jul 8, 2019.

1. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

Released on DVD in Germany several years ago (with the English soundtrack). Run Buddy Run also came out in Germany but alas only in German.

Michael likes this.
  2. James Slattery

The nicompoops at Fox couldn't locate the elements and SF had to go with 3/4 tapes at Paley Center.

3. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

A lot of shows from when I was a kid/young teen.

Catweazle
    Worzel Gummidge
    Round the Twist
    Pugwall
    Heartbreak High
    Eerie, Indiana
    Ship to Shore
    The Secret World of Alex Mack
    California Dreams

It would also be nice to see a re-run of The Secret Life of Us. I don't think it's been repeated since its original transmission on Channel 4/E4 in the early to mid-2000s.

All Down The Line likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

cool, thanks!

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

LOL!

6. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I enjoyed the show too. I watched it at first (and it came to my attention) because of the M*A*S*H connection, but except for the first episode (where Trapper has a momentary mental flashback to his time in the 4077th and he and Gonzo have a conversation about their time in the Military) I don't recall any further references to M*A*S*H.

7. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I remember it, and used to watch it for a bit. The main thing that comes to mind about it now was that Burt Reynolds had the voice-over role of Evie's father (his voice comes from a crystal in the Living Room).

8. old45s

old45s MP3 FREE ZONE

Yeah.. back in the 60's, living with my parents.. on 'school nights' I had to be in bed by 8.30pm but there was always good TV viewing between the 6.30 news and 8.30.
    Some of the more obscure shows were:
    HANK - about a guy who had a mobile food truck on the campus of a college, he secretly snuck off and attended classes. I can't remember if he was officially enrolled or not.
    HAZEL- Shirley Booth was a maid in this family sitcom.
    MAN OF THE WORLD - About a photographer that went to different places (taking photographs?) that got involved in intrigue and drama's.
    BILLY LIAR - An English show about a boy that always told lies to family and friends.
    ME MAMMY - Yootha Joyce and Milo O'Shea were in the English comedy... very funny, especially the uncle, Uncle Patrick, a church minister.
    BATMAN - This was the black & white Batman series that was out BEFORE the Adam West series. I used to love the music in it as well as the moving bush that was the door out of the Batcave.
    KAREN - was a U.S. family sitcom I used to watch on Tuesday nights at 7.30.
    CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU - A hilarious cop show that introduced Al Lewis and Fred Gwynne who had such great chemistry together that they went on to star in the MUNSTERS.
    IT'S ABOUT TIME - A comedy set in the Stone Age starring the guy who was TOODY in Car 54......
    THE MANY LOVES OF DOBIE GILLIS - Who couldn't forget THALIA MENINGER aka Tuesday Weld?
    From the 70's.....
    ALL IN THE FAMILY - I don't think the P.C. Brigade would let them put this back on TV.
    and finally..... Does anybody remember the controversial movie PORTNOYS COMPLAINT? - about a chronic (male) masturbator. I bought it in Thailand on VHS but have never seen or heard of it again.

9. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Moonlighting a 80s show has been MIA.

vconsumer, Spaghettiows and JeffreyB like this.
  10. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Didn't Portnoy go blind from overuse?

11. skydropco

skydropco Rock 'n Roll Nurse

Saturday morning tv show 'Make A Wish' with Tom Chapin.
    I swear I remember an episode with The Raspberries in the studio ('Starting Over' era).

12. skydropco

skydropco Rock 'n Roll Nurse

I fondly remember HAZEL as a kid, it was quite popular for a time. Don DeFore was great as the straight man to Shirley Booth. HAZEL episodes can be found on some free streaming sites if you do a little digging on Google.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  13. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Tales From The Darkside

14. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Only has one episode. It was released on DVD and has some bonus early Hip Hop footage.

Yeah. Used to air with "She's The Sheriff" with Suzanne Sommers.

She's the Sheriff - Wikipedia

Another show that originally was on Network before moving to first-run syndication is "We Got It Made."

We Got It Made - Wikipedia

The three year gap didn't help an already lackluster show get a bigger following.

One show I don't see aired a lot anymore is Valerie/Valerie's Family/The Hogan Family. I don't know if the history of the production of the show has anything to with it. They may even have an issue with how the show would be named. Can they use one of the three names that it used when first broadcast for the whole series.

Okay I was interested enough to do a quick search for an answer. The Hogan Family has been used for the series in sydication. It has actually been on TV consistently since it went off the air. Most recently starting on Antenna TV in 2018.

A few more that come to mind.

It's Your Move (also starring Jason Bateman)

My Two Dads

MikeInFla likes this.
  15. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

The Waltons

jase likes this.
  16. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

Hazel still broadcast here locally,2 episodes every morning on Antenna TV.I actually starting watching it a few times and it's funnier than i remember.
    Still enjoy looking at the lovely Whitney Blake to ;)

17. James Slattery

Meredith Baxter's mother, also a beautiful woman in her day, back before she switched teams.

18. James Slattery

All of these obscurities were released on DVD. Hank was the biggest surprise (to me) of all.

19. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

A Fantastic show.

20. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

The Burning Zone

(no dvd, no streaming)

21. I kind of doubt that there would be that much interest in these shows and a lot of them were videotaped as well so wouldn't necessarily look all that great today.

22. Luckily at least the first season was released on DVD.

23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

It may not air in Australia, but "All in the Family" aired recently (may still air) on one of the retro-tv networks here in the US (I don't remember if it was Antenna TV or Me-TV), and IIRC, the also aired/may still air "Archie Bunker's Place"...

I think it was on ABC television, but not too long ago, they did a one-off episode of "All in the Family" starring Woody Harrelson as Archie and Marisa Tomei as Edith... From what I know about it, it was a pretty big ratings success...

24. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"The Flintstones" airs on Me-TV.

The Hud likes this.
  25. Cookie!

Cookie! Forum Resident

Punky Brewster.

Wayne Hubbard likes this.