Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spindly

spindly Forum Resident

13/10. Would buy if reissued.

2. Beatlemen

Beatlemen Forum Resident

Totally agree. Apple is sitting on a treasure trove of outtakes in the vault. If you look at the tracklisting times its just over an hour. They hardly fill up the CDs with music. Also as most people know that listen to bootlegs, this is a missed opportunity to include several outtakes especially Something take 37. Just my opinion Apple could do a much better job giving their fans their money worth.

3. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

The Kinks on last years SDE of Village Green.

TimeWarper, pablo fanques and Peter_R like this.
  4. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

Yes.
    Open the vaults and let us buy what we want via downloads.
    Outtakes, edit pieces, studio chatter - it will be like printing money.

Beatlemen and petem1966 like this.
  5. At the very least they could have included everything that was on Anthology 3.It is only my train spotter nature that has me buying the SDE.On the weekend I spoke to the only 2 people I know who bought both the Pepper and White Album boxes,both were up for this but after looking at contents are scaling back to 2 disc version.

6. LennonCobain

LennonCobain Forum Resident

Reminds me of Star Wars fans wanting the original trilogy on DVD and George Lucas holding back. Eventually fans got what they wanted as there was money to be made.

Original mixes in high resolution won’t be “given away.”

paulisdead likes this.
  7. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Only Real Love appeared on Anthology (Vol.2). The other three tracks only appeared on the single.

shmuckler, pantofis, zobalob and 4 others like this.
  8. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

The Beach Boys withe their SDEs of "Pet Sounds" and "Smile".

shmuckler, Peter_R and jammincrowe like this.
  9. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

I thought the same. You only get the hardcover book with the super deluxe though, right? If it’s not a AAA vinyl release, I can’t see me getting both. I will probably stick to the big box like I did for pepper and the white album

Any reason why one would double up, other than being completist?

10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The Anthologies were a great deal back in the nineties.

Jimmy Cooper likes this.
  11. alexpop

AAA half mastered vinyl I thought ?

12. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

If they continued that practice 1+ may become redundant. Also an updated video collection to include the likes of "Glass Onion" and the Love video for "Within You Without You" would be very nice

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  13. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

I will buy the 3LP and the big box because I really want the book. I haven't got a CD player so I need both editions.

14. alexpop

David Hepworth ( snarky whistle test guy) wrote a essay in the book. Though I don’t know who did the rest of it.

15. Dean R

Dean R Forum Resident

After the end of January, it's really an in-between time, where some of what was recorded was eventually became part of Abbey Road, and other things were clearly finishing off Get Back material, most notably the Get Back / Don't Bring Me Down singles.
    That's why I think including George's demo on All Things Must Pass feels odd. It wasn't recorded during the AR sessions, it was never considered for AR, and of course it had been worked on during Get Back.
    However much of the same applies to Goodbye I think - not sure when it was recorded, and Come and Get It was never considered for the LP, unless the notes in the new book have discovered some new information.
    And in fact that last point reminds me - and this is already beginning to sound like a friend of a friend story, so treat with the appropriate pinch of salt - someone I know spoke to Kevin Howlett, and was told that the notes will be very revelatory, with many new facts.

marmalade166 and Ken Wood like this.
  16. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

There's talk of re-telling the story in the next part and let the band stay together for ever and ever!
    "Let it Be II; Don't Let Me Down"

17. joshm2286

joshm2286 Forum Resident

Listened to the remix of Something and enjoyed it. Due to both my credits bills being a little high this month and tbe fact that i know ill rarely listen to these new Beatles remixes ill be passing on all of them. Listen to them once if they are put on Amazon Prime music app then move onto listening to another new release. Dont get me wrong i love the Beatles somgs and these new remixes just dont have the time or funds to buy the boxed sets.

alexpop and bherbert like this.
  18. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

If you mean the original concept ,title and album cover I agree - the cover for Let It Be is the worst of the original studio albums.

[​IMG]

19. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

They are trying not to repeat Anthology content so they don't make that set obsolete. Apple will want to remix/reissue those 3 volumes one day so they will want as much exclusive content on those as possible. And my guess is a few of these oft-booted tracks that AREN'T on the deluxe album box sets will be added as bonus tracks to a reissue of Anthology...stuff like "Something (Take 37)" and "Who Slapped John?" from AR and "Revolution (Take 20)" from WA...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    pablo fanques and andrewskyDE like this.
  20. owsley

owsley Senior Member

Will get the 4cd set just for the Huge Medley. Wonder if it will be the same exact edits and mono mixes that have been bootlegged but in top sound quality. Or maybe they'll just dub the bootleg(?)
    Looks like the set won't include the finished alternate mix of The End with longer piano fade that came out on the original mono double acetate. I doubt that Take 3 from the Sessions disk is this same version. The Huge Medley includes the longer ending but is a different mix w/o strings.

Ken Wood and Royce like this.
  21. Royce

Royce Senior Member

This would be funny if they hadn't already done that with the Penny Lane promo 45 on the Sgt. Pepper's anniversary box. Sigh. :shake:

22. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

They are very overpriced unfortunately.

joshm2286 likes this.
  23. alexpop

I’m finding with all these Anniversary boxes not just the Beatles I’ll open the box play once and put on the shelve, so I know where your coming from.

joshm2286 likes this.
  24. alexpop

Get Back ..heaps better!!!!

DmitriKaramazov, AFOS and joshm2286 like this.
  25. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

For The White Album I kept having the "I want to buy it" itch for the first month of the release when everyone was discussing it, but wanted to use my money for more pressing matters - all in all I streamed it via Spotify and honestly now I don't even think about the boxset lol

No shame in enjoying these releases via streaming :)

J Alesait and joshm2286 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.