Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

It's the same for me - the SDE I've had the longest is Pet Sounds and I now only ever play the mono album disc. The one exception is Village Green by The Kinks, but that only came out last year so maybe I won't end up playing that either in coming years...

alexpop likes this.
  2. joshm2286

joshm2286 Forum Resident

This is exactly what ive done with the Pink Floyd Wish You Where Here and Dark Side of the Moon box sets, and that is why ill only buy a box set if i onow ill listen to it multiple times a year.

alexpop likes this.
  3. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

The problem of course, is how can you know you'll play it multiple times a year until you've bought it and listened to it?

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Let It Be official album cover. Why the separate individual photos, was it to say the band has split up ?

joshm2286 likes this.
  5. Royce

Royce Senior Member

:-popcorn::)

Lewisboogie likes this.
  6. alexpop

Well I’d like to listen half dozen times at least myself. These things aren’t cheap!!!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. alexpop

If your young no doubt you’ll dip into it in the incoming years, Village Green that is. Guess the logic would be to avoid box sets in the future.

Very hard to resist!!!! :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  8. joshm2286

joshm2286 Forum Resident

If it contains a surroubd sound versi2pn of the album thats done well, demos,outtakes, b-sides,live audio, dvd video concert, a book of photos and im usually sold. Lol.

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

I’d prefer the original album mastered ala DCC/MFSL style myself. Sure bells and whistles are nice, but I want to focus on the album solely.

DmitriKaramazov and joshm2286 like this.
  10. alexpop

Sounds about right. :)

11. alexpop

Something about those boxes just makes me want to buy them. Christmas tree affect. Love unwrapping stuff!!!!:D

12. georgepearrison

georgepearrison Long Time Lurker

Kinda torn between the SDE and the 3 lp vinyl. I think the book is making me lean toward the super deluxe. I’ll probably only listen to the 5.1 a few times, as my 5.1 setup is not great. The records are just so much cooler though. I think SDE on release and picture disc for Xmas might be the right move.

13. Ken Wood

Ken Wood Forum Resident

I figure I am a bit out of touch with my collection that mostly still rests on burned CD`s instead of being readily available on a harddrive so forgive me my question:
    - The "long one" has been booted? I completly forgot about this. I had the impression that all that we have is some attempt to splice Her Majesty back into the sequence.
    - "original mono double acetate" with longer piano fade?

joshm2286 likes this.
  14. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Oh!I don"t know about that..
    I've played the White box many many times.

15. Norman garriock

Norman garriock Forum Resident

I love this sleeve! I remember way back in the nineties getting a vinyl copy at a record fair. I was so incredibly chuffed, couldn't stop staring at it for weeks. I kept taking it out and handling it. So much more satisfying than the Let it be sleeve in the sequence of covers; I love the way it bookends their career and reflects the sense of humour The Beatles parodying themselves. In fact buying that album mix in its original sleeve might be my most satisfying collectors moment.

16. alexpop

Good for you.

17. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Very , very good for me!

18. alexpop

Records cooler. Sound better I find as well. Pity it didn’t come with book ..Vinyl/book/box would have been preferred, guess they gotta sell the cds, incentive factor.

Ricardo Cosinaro likes this.
  19. alexpop

Like I said in the other post directed to another member, I find otherwise. Modern world I guess.

20. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

I for one prefer that the Anthologies are not rendered useless. I like to think I have reasons to give them a spin ocassionally.

You also get a Blu-ray with two different mixes (Atmos and 5.1), and hi-res of the stereo remix. Even if you don't have the gear to listen to it, you might in the future.

21. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

They should be one again in the coming 20s.

22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Here's my restored version.

[​IMG]

TimeWarper, LSP2003, AllenR and 13 others like this.
  23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Well, the White Album also included four individual portraits...

Lewisboogie likes this.
  24. alexpop

That was the worse thing the WA 50th did to the original cover.

25. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The first time I've heard about the album I thought the portraits would be on the front cover. So for me I think it's great having them on the box's front side now.^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.