Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mozz

mozz Forum Resident

Of course, a new remaster done the same way the mono mix appears on the White Album bluray, maybe a flat transfer, whatever. Not the 2009 remaster.

2. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Actually, the cover is completely white with The Beatles embossed. The four portraits are in a slip cover.

3. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

Yes, it's called "A Huge Melody" part 1 and part 2 on some boot(s). It's a rough mix and is very distorted on boot(s) but it already doesn't have Her Majesty in the middle.

shmuckler and Ken Wood like this.
  4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Somehow always see it shops with 4 photos ablaze on the front. Not white album, more black & white album. :)

5. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

You obviously haven't seen all the posts regarding bad quality pressings on the last Beatles pressed at QRP on here.
    Loads of very unhappy people sent albums back.

Yovra likes this.
  6. alexpop

Anything with the outtakes that’s never been heard before ?

7. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

Coolest picture ever!

Carlox and andrewskyDE like this.
  8. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

Did the same for the white album then picked up the 3 CD for Xmas. Once the 2 CD is under £15 I'll pick that up and use spotify for the other extras.

9. alexpop

Shame about the comp. :)

10. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

I don't understand.

11. alexpop

Hey Jude comp( same photo session). :)

12. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

[​IMG]

TonyClifton63, oboogie and alexpop like this.
  13. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

I like that album.

14. alexpop

Prefer MMT. :)

Jimmy Cooper likes this.
  15. Gradese

Gradese Forum Resident

Great picture! A wild bunch, if not a happy bunch... :)

I always thought that in this photo session (this one, the Hey Jude comp sleeve, etc) they were sort of referencing/paying homage to The Band... which they admired if I remember correctly

16. alexpop

Looks better in b&w.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  17. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

I don't really see MMT as a compilation, so I don't compare them in that way :)

S. P. Honeybunch and Dean R like this.
  18. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

... it's funny how people are so obsessed about when beatles didn't smile in later pictures, reading all kinds of things into it...

alexpop likes this.
  19. alexpop

Just joshing. :D

abzach likes this.
  20. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

I honestly thought it was just the times, when people didn't smile much in pictures...

abzach likes this.
  21. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Awesome photo, cover concept, everything. they should have kept this concept, even when they changed the title to LET IT BE, it still would have worked as the cover for the album/soundtrack. Just change the text on the photo. A gatefold with the old original photo and outtakes from this session on the inside would have been fun too.

Too bad this image was used for the Blue album already because it would work great if Peter Jackson's documentary is called Get Back, which I think it will be. I mean, I don't think Apple will let him call it anything else, to be honest. Maybe a subtitle added like Get Back: The Beatles Live in 1969, or just The Beatles Get Back, but that's it. Some variation of "Get Back."

I wonder what cover art will be used for the film posters/Blu-ray cases, etc. I would guess some photo from the rooftop perhaps. With font/graphics over the top of it.

Who Cares, AFOS and BeatleJWOL like this.
  22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The actual photo used for the Get Back cover was an alternative shot though, with slightly different face expressions (check my restored version). Still this can be used somewhere for the Let It Be box set and film(s).

Who Cares and Gila like this.
  23. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Yeah, it can be used inside the box set for LIB50 (I'd love panels with all the outtakes from this photoshoot as they seemed to be in great spirits), but I don't think Apple will use a similar shot to the blue album for the cover of the Peter Jackson promo film matreial, is all I was saying.

I mean, maybe they would? If the graphics and title make it look different enough from the blue album? I wouldn't mind, but it just seems unlikely.

Derek Slazenger and andrewskyDE like this.
  24. alexpop

Lennon got a more flattering pic on the Let It Be album cover. McCartney staring into the camera... in control.

25. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I hope for a Get Back vinyl release with this photo. Maybe they'll use the second Glyn Johns mix for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.