Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I too got an email that the set will be arriving on Fri, Aug 30th (and it says the same on the actual order). Regardless, anyone should not put 100% faith in that indication by Amazon. I have had delivery dates confirmed weeks before a release, and then the order can go back to "We will notify with an estimated delivery date". I have also had an order with a delivery date stay on the order, yet the day came and went and the item never shipped (yet I don't believe it was a truly very limited edition item as the Tool album seems to be). I'm also a Prime Member

I truly hope that all of us that ordered the Tool package (as I did on 8/7) get the item (I'm sure we will) - I will be fairly disappointed if I don't. I am also hoping for a vinyl release.

I'm not trying to squash anyone's enthusiasm regarding this release and their order with Amazon, just being realistic about what could happen.

SecondHandNews and Chrome_Head like this.
  2. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Are the videos on Salival the best quality they have ever looked?

3. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Quite sure I paid around 60 guilders/30 euros for Salival as well.

4. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i don't recall the exact price, but it sure as heck wasn't $120 as someone is saying....not even close!

I remember it not being too bad of a price really.

Dreadnought and Chrome_Head like this.
  5. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i just found online someone stating they recall buying the CD/DVD version for only $39.99 and i
    remember the CD/VHS version being about $10 cheaper yet, so i'm guessing $29.99 then for that version.
    Not a bad price at all!

6. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I'm with you, how about some info on the vinyl please and maybe at the same time they can announce a vinyl box set with the first 4 albums mastered by one of the dynamic duo of either Chris Bellman or Kevin Gray...

I still think a standard CD is going to get announced soon especially with whats going on with the limited deluxe version.

Crazy prayingmantis likes this.
  7. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

I believe it was around $40-45 (DVD) when I bought it from Tower Records. Worth every penny in retrospect.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  8. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

Hopefully one day the videos will be remastered and officially uploaded to YouTube.

9. Hymie the Robot

Shot on video, correct?

10. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

but not before I decide that I'm ready to sell my copy of Salival

11. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

There will no doubt be more releases, including digital and even a standard CD at some point. Everyone who turned their nose up at the limited edition has to wait for the standard CD, though.

Don't know if I'd go that far, but it's a solid album, there's plenty to like on it, and it took a little time to unravel all its layers. Still 4th for me after the 3 full lengths that came before, but very good. It's like their Animals album in a way, a Pink Floyd album that seemed to be overlooked by many for a long time.

scotti likes this.
  12. Hymie the Robot

I expect a high resolution release on the big day...

oneway23 and Chrome_Head like this.
  13. frozen-beach

I think Schism and Parabola were shot on digital. Stinkfist, I don't know. Sober might be on film. Regardless of source, they can still look a lot better now than what's on YouTube. Plus encoding is a lot better nowadays.

Hymie the Robot and Chrome_Head like this.
  14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Maynard said in his Joe Rogan interview that is so hard, sooo hard for the band to agree with each other when creating music. After hearing this it could be the last record. Still, Tool is better than any solo efforts.

Chrome_Head and scotti like this.
  15. frozen-beach

Apparently perfectionism in Tool is ridiculous. I read in a Paul D'Amour interview that one of the reasons he left is that he was tired of playing a note 500 times before it was good enough.

16. gad999

gad999 Forum Resident

I think I paid £20-£25 from Alice's Records in the UK way back when.

17. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

$40 doesn't sound bad, decent value.

mark winstanley likes this.
  18. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

For anyone still looking ImportCDs still have their preorders open.

oneway23 likes this.
  19. sam1982

sam1982 Forum Resident

When did they actually start actively talking about recording / releasing / beginning work on the new album? Think it was sometime in 2016. I've had a quick look back through the various Tool threads on here and most posts relating to it are from the start of 2017... yes it's 'been 13 years since 10,000 days' but if they have actually only been working on the record for the last two and a half or so years... well... that's pretty 'quick' Past interviews with Adam etc have all stated that after 10k days there was a myriad of legal fighting / problems with their old label which took up all their time and energy.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  20. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

Plus hasn’t “Descending” been around and played live instrumentally on tour several years ago? Some of this material had to have been started awhile back.

21. sam1982

sam1982 Forum Resident

Yeah, they played bits of it live over the years. I was in the middle of editing that when it timed out. Essentially I was trying to express that between them saying 'yeah, we are working on a new album' and it coming out has been about 3 or so years, give or take. Of course I'd have no idea about the behind the scenes, I wouldn't even speculate on that.. who knows... I get the impression that Maynard is over being the assumed scapegoat though

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Chrome_Head likes this.
  22. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Yeah even heard a tiny bit of it at the show I attended in 2012. But it was hardly a song then, more of just a riff/jam

Chrome_Head likes this.
  23. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

I picked my dvd/cd copy up new in a Hastings, around the time of release, for $21.99.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  24. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Impressed the title track actually streamed well enough to make the hot 100. Outside of a fluke pop sellout hit by Portugal The Man (and then of course the superior followup singles didn't go near the pop chart), we probably have to dig back 5 years or more since an actual rock or alternative act made the hot 100

25. Remote Control Triangle

Remote Control Triangle Forum Member Rated 6.8 By Pitchfork

That's pretty dumb. Why would you let a live album "damage" your opinion of the band? No way did you pay $120 for it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.