Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

I truly think the Abbey Roads are going to be like The White Album and available >$50 at some point around the holidays. There are going to be a lot of split buyers wanting the LP's and the Atmos bluray

2. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Abbey 3 LP deluxe is $110. Definitely not a deal

3. Bloom

Amazon FR has it for like...60 EU

4. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

I'm calling on the weekend to complain and call them out on their price error bs excuse.

Bloom likes this.
  5. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

PhantomStranger, canonlon and ptijerm like this.
  6. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

One thing I forgot to mention about my experience with the botched Amazon Deal of the Day sale from August 5, which has a somewhat happy ending...

Like many of you, I placed several items from the sale (mostly vinyl box sets) in my shopping basket earlier in the day - not necessarily to order them all, but to have a list of interesting items from which I could pick and choose when placing final order(s). While I was able to place a couple of orders for sale items in my cart, others quickly became unavailable to order at the sale price. Rather than delete them, I moved them to 'Save for Later' on the off-chance that more sale items would become available as the day progressed. Unfortunately, even though I had checked repeatedly throughout the day, many of the items maintained their regular (high) prices.

Late on Monday evening, I received the dreaded cancellation notice for one of my larger orders. Out of frustration, I visited my shopping cart to delete all the items I had saved earlier in the day - a last-ditch "screw you, Amazon!" move. LOL. Although the majority of the items maintained their regular (high) prices, one of the items - Tom Petty's American Treasure 6LP vinyl box set - had somehow reverted to the earlier $20.99 sale price, much to my surprise and delight. I QUICKLY added it to my cart...and somehow managed to place the order! Almost immediately after placing the order, I noticed that the sale price had once again disappeared and the Petty box was back to the regular price.

Given that my other order had been cancelled, I was fully expecting the same thing would happen to this new order. But somehow, miraculously, the order stayed active and today it finally shipped! So while I ended up losing out on some box set sale items (Springsteen, Buffalo Springfield and Rolling Stones), I did manage to finally end up with one that was on the top of my wishlist (Tom Petty).

(Amazon Sale) Moral of the story:
    Even though you might have missed out on some items available through a limited-time Amazon sale, be sure to place these items in your shopping cart to save for later because sometimes they become available again.

7. allbrosca

Nice! I wanted that Petty too. Have now received everything I ordered except Buffalo Springfield and I received a shipping notice for it last night. It's coming from Indiana. Everything else I ordered came from Michigan.

Johnny Vinyl and ptijerm like this.
  8. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

Johnny Vinyl and allbrosca like this.
  9. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

10. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

All the formats they have listed are over priced IMO. No listing on the cd/br set yet though other than the one posted earlier that disappeared. But judging by the other prices it won't be cheap.

11. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Nice. The Petty is the one I wanted the most too but missed out. Thankfully amazon never cancelled any of my orders and I got the last of it today. Hope they do another one of those again!

ptijerm likes this.
  12. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

The Abbey Road deluxe CD/BR is $130 at Musicvaultz, so I'd expect similar pricing at amazon.ca.

13. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

14. Bloom

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  15. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

So strange. I got an order in there yesterday at that price, it disappeared, I just checked again and it was back, now it's gone. Keep checking folks, maybe you'll get lucky.

ptijerm likes this.
  16. Just received the Buffalo Springfield box (5LP). Have received 5 out of 6 so far. If I get the last one (The Kinks) I'll be batting 1,000!

[​IMG]

googlymoogly, imarcq, ptijerm and 2 others like this.
  17. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

18. allbrosca

noname74 likes this.
  19. allbrosca

Buffalo Springfield just arrived so I am 7 for 7!

20. The last of the 7 Prime Deals I bought last week arrived yesterday. I paid a total of $137.94, instead of the regular price of $590.20. Awesome score!

[​IMG]

slipkid, audiolab1, ptijerm and 4 others like this.
  21. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

bhoyo68, Johnny Vinyl and Simon A like this.
  22. Mistermono

23. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I thought that's what we were comparing?

24. Mistermono

It's the CD/BR set that keeps getting listed and delisted.