Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fini

fini Forum Resident

Myke, I tried to find info on the Bull Moose site about how one accrues points, and what they're worth. I only found that you get them when you buy things.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

That's right. They have to be earned.

Bull Moose Points
    Bull Moose was one of the first companies to computerize a customer rewards card. Our points system works on bullmoose.com and in all Bull Moose store locations. Points you earn in any store can be used online and vice versa.
    How to earn points
    You earn points every time you buy from us or sell us your unwanted music, movies, video games or books.
    What can I do with points?
    You can buy things for 50% off. The number of points you have determines the value of the items you can buy for 50% off. If you have one point, you can get a one dollar item for fifty cents. If you have ten points, you can get a ten dollar item for five dollars. If you have 357.2 points, you can get up to $357.20 worth of items for 50% off.
    Is that too much math? Don’t worry. We will keep track of everything. We will even tell you which items qualify for a discount.
    How to use points earned in the store on bullmoose.com
    We have to connect your online account to your retail store account. Please complete this form and we'll get you linked up!

supermd likes this.
  3. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

The Brits will have limited choice in the near future when they have to pay import tax ordering from mainland Europe.

4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

These sites are just messing with us right? I should just wait for a copy to turn up in my favorite used books/records store. Last year I scored the Sgt.Pepper set for 50 bucks. It was in pristine condition and the book looked like it had never been opened. Still waiting for a White Album set to turn up.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

Indeed. Also Amazon warehouse should have marked-down copies at some point, if you're not a stickler for 100% perfect items. I scored an unopened Pepper box with a few dings on the lenticular slip. BFD, I set it aside and display the cool EMI tape box mock-up underneath.

longdist01 likes this.
  6. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I’ve avoided importcds because I wanna enjoy the set in 2019.

saborlord123, SteelyNJ, 905 and 4 others like this.
  7. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Don't get me wrong, if I had my way the Dis-United Kingdom would remain in the EU.

However you miss something @EdwinM, just like those in the US, when we in the UK order from Amazons Germany, Italy, France & Spain we will not pay EU tax. Yes we will have to pay import charges so we're no better or worse off.

8. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I always enjoy ordering in France. They have 6 % VAT on music compared to 21 % in the Netherlands

drum_cas likes this.
  9. PineBark

PineBark formerly known as BackScratcher

I've placed several orders with ImportCDs, and they've shipped the next day each time. Are they worse with preorders (once the release date hits)?

Turmatic likes this.
  10. Turmatic

Turmatic Forum Resident

Remember, there is a 10% off coupon also... Code is CD63FV256

eelkiller and bluesbro like this.
  11. PineBark

PineBark formerly known as BackScratcher

Yep. Got it and used it. Thanks.

bluesbro and Turmatic like this.
  12. Scott57

Scott57 Forum Resident

I haven't read all 17 pages but I ordered from Bullmoose on the first day at 83 dollars. Am I still good? LOL. I'm more concerned with packaging than price.

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yes, you're locked in.

longdist01 and Scott57 like this.
  14. texquad

texquad Senior Member

I just pre-ordered on Amazon and my confirmation email states: Delivery date pending. We'll email you as soon as we have a delivery date.
    So does that mean I'm not getting on release day? I think they've did this on previous order and once it updated I ended up receiving it on release day.

saborlord123 likes this.
  15. fini

fini Forum Resident

But how many points do I earn for spending x dollars? And how much is a point worth?

16. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Amazon has appoints system too if you use their credit card. Get 5% back.

bluesbro and MerseyBeatle like this.
  17. Since Amazon geoblocked Australia I have bought around 15 titles through importcds.They have never taken longer than 11days to arrive in Australia and as they ship them 4 days before release date I get them a week after release.Also if you preorder a number of titles in the one order they ship them as they are released and not do what Amazon did which is wait until the last one is released and then send them together.
    I find it difficult to reconcile your comments with my experience.

Turmatic and ispace like this.
  18. Rick360/12

Rick360/12 Forum Resident

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  19. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

If you have Prime, or chose the expedited shipping option, you will get the release date. They say 2 days after shipping or something to that effect.
    That blurb is only on your order page and just a CYA for them. On the product page it has the release date, on the Your Orders Page it says they don’t have a release or shipping date and will let you know. Maybe it’s a hand shaking thing in their computer system.

It may be kind of recent, but they seem to be doing that on most, if not all preorders.

I know, besides my Abbey Road order, it’s on the Gregg Allman Laid Back order, but not on my Vince Gill Okie order. Go figure.

Don’t worry.

micktanner likes this.
  20. BeSteVenn

BeSteVenn FOMO Resident

Xx
    We have prime, and we rarely receive new releases we've pre-ordered on day of release anymore. In the long run it doesn't really matter, but at the time, it's disappointing.

Jimijam and ConnieGuitar like this.
  21. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

My response was based on my limited experience with Prime, and the expedited shipping option, and their not knowing the shipping/release date blurb.

Also, that is also in regards to Baltimore, where they have a shipping facility, maybe that has a bearing.

Not sure about Kaskeland.....

micktanner likes this.
  22. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Yep but both charge up front I believe (I am happy to be advised otherwise) and Townsend shipping for the deluxe set brings it up to around the same price as my Amazon order.

23. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

Pulled the trigger! Thanks.

24. jibbers

jibbers Forum Resident

yes If only amazon would match what records (who have some hit and miss reviews). Perhaps if enough people flag it with them they might?

25. skynet_osiris

skynet_osiris Forum Resident

good day, new around this forum, just to let you know, I opened my order on Amazon Canada when the had their price "Mistake", still I see the order open, and had not received any cancellation email... in any case I had Amazon France and US pre-ordered just in case

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.