Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

It is true. Most people cannot tell the difference between 320k Mp3 and 16/44.1 CD. People with amazing hearing and perfect pitch have difficulty even.

If it is 320k Mp3 then I’m not really complaining.

2. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

When it came out I paid about $50 Canadian for it on its release.

3. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

I believe that is what I paid for it way back as well. I got the CD/DVD version.

4. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

As I thought...I wish this was rolling out better, we have waited so long for this and the way this is being released...oh well. I'm with you on the vinyl as I'm sure many others are as well. Just happy it's finally on the way.

5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

A first impression of the album review.

6. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

That's NOT possible. You can get on august 30th a cd with special packing including some videocontent and music. But there is 100% NO vinyl on this date!
    Rumors are that the vinyl will come in the fall (according to the wife of the singer). But it's not official confirmed.

scotti likes this.
  7. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i'm just glad to know that it's the interludes that are the extra material....so many people complain they don't like them on the other albums, so the band gives
    you a cd that takes those out for you and yet everyone still complains....some TOOL fans are never happy with anything.

so much for that Opiate re-done version that others were saying too that was what the extra material was...

eric777, Dorian75 and scotti like this.
  8. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

The expectations are so high for this album that no matter how great a album Tool can make, it will never be good enough for many people.

Chrome_Head and whoman4says like this.
  9. whoman4says

whoman4says Forum Resident

Chill your bones and just do what I'm doing. Buy the CD, steal the high-res files (they can be converted to any file type).

It sounds like you're worried because you don't understand the tech, rather than any true, tangible problem.

10. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Speaking for myself, I was happy with everything - until now.

The idea that it would be a good thing for a band to "give" a CD that "takes something out" for us first is odd ("we worked very hard on this album...here's most of it.").

11. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

:chill:

Let's hear some enthusiasm from the peanut gallery...Bunch of grousing last week over the price...this week, it's moaning over concerns about compiling the tracks.

Plenty of avenues to rectify this "problem." At this point, I'm actually glad TOOL is making its fans work for this one.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  12. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I thought this was an awesome first listen take. It's articulated very well, and it just makes me want to hear this even more. Thanks for posting! I can handle heavy on the instrumentation side, oh yeah!

Of course the wording is wrong by whoever listed CD/vinyl on ebay...as I thought, but was worth asking.

13. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

If the MP3/download files are not distinguishable from the CD tracks (as some have said), then I will ultimately have no problem and will be happy.

...but if I need "tech lessons" in order to listen to Tool's new album (I'm not about to steal or convert anything - I buy CDs, which apparently makes me a dinosaur), something has gone off the rails.

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  14. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I mean...I'm just asking questions geared towards ultimately listening to and enjoying Fear Inoculum in a few weeks, like everyone else...is that not appropriate for a thread titled "Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019"?

:help:

ChristopherTeuma likes this.
  15. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I really hope that "Chocolate Chip Trip" is as awesome as the title and is a sort of continuation of "Rosetta Stoned".

scotti likes this.
  16. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I know we aren't supposed to dare question the brilliance of TOOL's management and marketing team here, but I'm going to anyway. If nothing else, it seems like this roll-out has been confusing and unclear.

17. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Asking for help to get around your issue is fine...Claiming the band has somehow made a mistake is another.

I just this morning bought the deluxe...I'm excited...As a fan, am I slightly annoyed that everything isn't included in 16/44 quality? A little bit, sure, BUT, I now know that if I want every track, digitally, in sequence and in full CD quality, I will likely have to either buy or "get a hold of" the hi-res files, and do a little conversion. That's it, just a quick google search away.

Is it as convenient as it could have been? No, no it's not...I agree with you there.

18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Just be glad they don't have Metallica's management or all of the limited CDs would have gone up on ebay instead of to stores.

GuidedByJonO))) and oneway23 like this.
  19. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

It has been just a bit to the left of ideal, agreed.

The last Metallica record had 77 minutes of music spread out over 2 CDs
    I'm awful at the maths, but, a CD holds 74 minutes, which means they justified a double CD over THREE MINUTES of music.

Should Tool have gone that route? I'm not sure.

20. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I'll admit, it is fun to see such a naked "thou darest not question the band!" post (I picture a heavyset southern gentleman grasping his suspenders and frowning as he says "Claiming the band has somehow made a mistake is another." I'll keep that in mind, hoss. Great stuff. :unhunh:

21. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Take it easy.

22. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

At this point I'm just kinda throwing my hands in the air, to be honest. On or after the 30th, I'll check in my local stores and if I see a copy of the new album, I'll happily grab it. But I'm done hanging on rumors and waiting for forthcoming announcements that may or may not ever come.

I'd have preferred even just a "hey, here's a super cool limited edition release of our new album, stay tuned for other formats to be announced soon". Instead it's been vague and unclear about what options we might have.

23. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Nor darest thou question oneway23, I see.

If I had to compare the mood here to the title of a Yes album, I guess I'd have to go with..."fragile." :wiggle:

24. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

I tried to be helpful and say there were a few options for dealing with your "issue." You wrote up a multi-paragraph post that had absolutely nothing to do with the album, the band, or its fans; your rambling offered nothing more than neurotic, OCD fretting over getting the music on to your phone.

I could have been a jerk and said something like, "Ever use Google?" or some other cliched, smarmy message board gem, yet, I didn't, and that's to say nothing of your post-ending decree that you were "NOT going to stream", as though, somehow, your bout of self-righteous, old-man fist-shaking was offering up anything other than absolute proof that you appear to be woefully out of touch in the year 2019.

Good luck getting the music off of your eight-track and onto your phone.

Billy_Sunday and Eliminator Jr. like this.
  25. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

That would be cool since Rosetta Stoned has some of Tool's best lyrics :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.