Rhino Woodstock box set - Shipping thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jay.dee, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident Thread Starter

For me the biggest gripe here is not the probably missed opportunity of listening to the whole set on the anniversary date, but the sheer inability of arranging anything with their customer service. Having the original release schedule on mind I organized my holidays with a then seemingly safe margin for its delivery, which is no longer safe now. And I am not able to manage its delivery date in any way because there is no one in control.

I asked the service to either ship the box immediately or postpone it until my return, but instead of any meaningful response I got a mass notification that the box had got already shipped without being actually shipped, which means it is bound to be dispatched at some undisclosed point in time. And if anything happens to its pending delivery while I am away I am going to face once again a clueless unresponsive customer service, who will leave me alone in the dark with an undelivered package of uncertain whereabouts and status, and a desperate uphill fight to make them issue either a refund, replacement or reshipment.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Imagine70 likes this.
  2. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Respectfully, if the box shipped August 2 from US and you were expecting it August 15 I’d think was unrealistic for international shipping, especially a big box. Where did you order from?

KarlFarbman and JNTEX like this.
  3. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident Thread Starter

From the UK/eurostore, after a few weeks-long battle to have it switched from the US store.

Hence it should be a couple of days max, especially if it is a promised "courier" shipping.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Imagine70 likes this.
  4. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Hope it shows up soon for you. I’m content with the 10CD set. And I have Cocker, The Airplane, Sly and soon CCR full sets.

Bradd and jay.dee like this.
  5. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

I got a slightly different response from the customer support team.

Hello Mark,

IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING YOUR ORDER
    We do not currently have an exact estimate as to when your order will ship.
    Until you receive your shipping confirmation email, we will not have any further updates on the status of your order.
    If you decide that you would prefer to cancel your order, please let us know and we will put in a request with our warehouse to do so.

We have not forgotten about you or your order, however, we have been advised that inventory is still being checked in to our new warehouse.

Nevertheless, we have been advised that orders are in fact shipping out and that your order will be shipped as soon as possible.

We do understand how frustrating this is for you and we greatly appreciate your patience thus far.

If you would rather wait for your order to ship, you will receive a shipping confirmation email as soon as your order is processed.

We again apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,

WMG Store Support

Imagine70 and jay.dee like this.
  6. Dwight Fry

Dwight Fry Forum Resident

I'm honestly sorry to hear that so many people are still waiting on this set. I don't know what I did right. Just finished up Disc 23, the Who, which also closes out Day Two (for me), and I do feel guilty--lord knows, I've been there, done that with the preorder shipping delays.

7. Florida finally gets something right!...

OH, I kid!!! :tiphat:

garymc and Dwight Fry like this.
  8. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

Like yourself, I feel slight guilt in having mine since July. I don't know what I did special other than just ordering and not cancelling to re-order.

Owing a pair of businesses, and having 'taken things to the top before', I am sure Rhino/WB will get this taken care of. In the meantime, everyone cooperate and stay off the towers.

9. steve gilmour

steve gilmour Forum Resident

Is this from UK WMG??? I havent had a response...NO way am i cancelling and paying three times the price from a flipper

Imagine70 likes this.
  10. zakbowen

zakbowen Active Member

pardon my french, but what a ****ing joke!
    Is there any chance that some sort of consumer watchdog or consumer affairs could help?

Imagine70 likes this.
  11. steve gilmour

Ordered 16th May from UK WMG - still shows packing (not shipped) - three emails sent over 10 days no response, an email to the CEO yesterday no response. I don't want to issue a Paypal claim to hurry it up as they may just refund and I lose the box!!!

Imagine70 likes this.
  12. steve gilmour

Was that response from UK WMG? At least it's a response, I've had none!!

Imagine70 likes this.
  13. zakbowen

zakbowen Active Member

Not sure, it was a response to somebody else's email. But I'm in Australia (ordered from the US website) and haven't gotten a single piece of concrete information. WMG AU said it was a production issue, Rhino says its the warehouse! They're all over the place. But not once have I gotten an email saying "Hey. this is the issue, this is whats going to happen."

Meanwhile, Vinyl Me Please contacted me saying "Hey! There's been a delay blah blah blah, this is why, this is when we'll ship your Woodstock 10LP"

Imagine70 and dormouse like this.
  14. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

yeah definitely don't do that. i have a feeling theyre at the frantic, 'fine! heres a refund!' stage

Imagine70 likes this.
  15. steve gilmour

I'm in Perth and I ordered from UK to save on shipping fees (from US) - maybe they just hate Aussies?

16. zakbowen

zakbowen Active Member

Wuuld not surprise me haha I assume Aussie orders are the least of their concerns

17. steve gilmour

Here's a question - for all the poms who ordered from the UK Warner Store, have you got your boxes yet? Maybe it's just us overseas who haven't?

18. fdog

fdog Well-Known Member

So I see my big box is finally shipping, after some poking and prodding of rhino, and finally getting an email response from them yesterday. Current status is Label Created per UPS tracking. You may recall that I had my shipping address as a PO Box, but rhino will apparently be shipping it UPS Ground...

And per UPS: "UPS will only accept shipments to a valid street address. We do not deliver to P.O. Boxes. If a shipper should use a P.O. Box address, the recipient´s telephone number must be included on the label. Your package that is addressed to a P.O. Box may be delayed, will not be covered by any UPS Service Guarantee, and will require an address correction charge".

My world and welcome to it. Anyway, see what happens once it has actually shipped (I just emailed them my street address (again), maybe they will see it before the package is returned back to them.) Not sure I can have it held for pickup since it's not a proper street address, but I will certainly try. At least UPS has phone numbers...

19. steve gilmour

Was this an order from the UK Warner site??

20. fdog

fdog Well-Known Member

Yes USA, actually got an email about 3 hours ago (just saw it though), that "Your order is on the way!", and the UPS label has been created, so all hope is not lost yet. Though they seem to have messed up the shipping (should have been USPS rather than UPS), so probably a bumpy ride ahead yet.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  21. fdog

fdog Well-Known Member

Maybe they will get my address snafu fixed promptly after all (per above couple of posts), although I'll send them another email during the daytime tomorrow just in case.

RhyeKing77 likes this.
  22. zakbowen

zakbowen Active Member

Why accept PO Box addresses and then send it via a service that doesn't deliver to them? Now that's another issue that they'll just ignore!

Imagine70 and fdog like this.
  23. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Absolutely fair of course. The way they managed it is really not professional to say the least.

Just for me, being not used to all these super fast next-day deliveries as most US/UK buyers enjoy from eg Amazon (there is no Greek Amazon), I never expected to receive it in time for the anniversary * although it is of course rightly expected and required by any of the buyers*.

I usually get all these US boxes such as the Grateful Dead releases 2 months after everybody else get them. Except where couriers are involved. In these cases I get them as anybody else but as with heavy charges as with Dylan Cutting Edge box. I would really not mind to get them 2 months later from a EU source even if they unprofessionally had promised me to deliver it earlier. No such a big deal for me.

In this respect, the BIGGEST by far in my opinion failure of RHINO is that since the start of the big promotion of the 50th anniversary with radio shows, YouTube webcasts, newspapers articles EC. the BIG BOX was already sold out. Imagine people willing to order, who are not following the music labels release schedule regularly *normal people* :) ), to realise it has been vanished forever.

24. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

You have my sympathy. I have not even considered the logistics of taking delivery as it is impossible to plan for the complete unknown. I fear the worst, but as communication regarding dispatch, delivery tracking etc. is out of my control I cannot justify worrying about it. Good luck.

Imagine70 and jay.dee like this.
  25. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

The problem here is that it is not the customer's responsibility to plan the packing and delivery of items that they have paid a premium for. This shocking communication. I'm surprised to be frank. The company know how long the shipment process takes and should plan ahead. If problems occur, keep the customer informed. Issues occur but it is easy in today's world to communicate. That was proved when a lot of European purchasers received emails at the same moment when the CEO became involved. The information it transpires was not helpful (was it actually shipped or not?) but the principle proves that updates can be organised. Don't blame the customer for having unrealistic expectations, keep the informed.

Imagine70, jay.dee and Dondy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.