Taylor Swift is one of the most unlucky artist with

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FaithMonkey, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Well she just needs to try harder, doesn't she?

David Stilesson likes this.
  2. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

What can you say, Taylor ? Number Two happens.....

D.D.

3. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

Did that dog who howls “I love you” have a #1 hit? That video was streamed by a lot of people.

4. thecdguy

thecdguy Forum Resident

Three times, actually - "Twist And Shout", "Do You Want To Know A Secret" and "Yellow Submarine".

5. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

Is this the forum's future? I might actually miss the Beatles jihadists one day.

6. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

The average Spotify user spends $10 a month on the service, and Youtube is lousy with ads. Of course Old Town Road is generating millions and millions of dollars. Type Old Town Road into Youtube as I just did and you will see the first two iterations of the song have been viewed more than half a billion times. Millions of ads have been viewed by "7 year olds" interested in this song. Youtube is ecstatic! Hollywood and the video game industry, not so much.

7. Devin

Devin Time's Up

Just wait. Her ode to Scooter Braun will hit #1 with a bullet. Right between the eyes.

8. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

Sounds pretty straight-forward. It’s a good thing the music industry completely caved to this “progress” years ago.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  9. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

No idea but assuming it’s a song, sure, it qualifies.

altaeria likes this.
  10. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Four times..' Lady Madonna'

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  11. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

she's kind of the reason Sheeran is famous to begin with

ghoulsurgery and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  12. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

True, but she's hardly the "starving artist". She still sells albums unlike most artists who rely on streams and her tours are massively successful compared to artists who literally are still carrying their own equipment and in uncomfortable vans, whatever she makes off streams is just a supplemental bonus cherry on top of the cake that you just couldn't feel sorry for her when she whined that she "only" earned half a million in 2013 from streams, especially when streams were only a fraction as popular as they are in 2019. A lot of artists who IMO make better music than Taylor only wish they could make in total per year the same pittance that Taylor was whining about as one supplemental source of income.

GuidedByJonO))) and McLover like this.
  13. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

She's worth $380 million so she's not unlucky with money!

[​IMG]

team2 and Rosskolnikov like this.
  14. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Oh, poor baby! Just #2??? What a failure at life!

MDNA4ever likes this.
  15. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Mine didn't, particularly my father.

It was just noise to him.

Diamond Dog likes this.
  16. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

Well, first of all, if you're talking about a #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100, that has never been a sales chart. It's always been a chart based on radio airplay, sales, and once, jukebox plays, now streams. So, radio airplay has always been a big, probably the biggest component of having a #1 Billboard Hot 100 hit since the chart was launched in 1958. Of course radio airplays do generate dollars by drawing audiences to radio stations which then sell ad time, just not dollars that go to the recording artists. Second, the other components of a Hot 100 #1, sales and streaming, DO generate dollars, both in fees and prices paid by consumers (there are hundreds of millions of global playing subscribers to Spotify, Apple Music, et al), and in ad revenue, parts of which are shared with the artists and the songwriters and the other copyright holders. I don't think there's ever been a Hot 100 #1 that didn't generate a lot of money. But airplay, the biggest component of the chart, doesn't generate income for the copyright holders.

altaeria and Elliottmarx like this.
  17. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Yeah. In times past everyone who wanted this song would have long since bought the 45 and the kids would be spinning the grooves off it with repeat plays. Now each repeat play counts for chart placement.

McLover likes this.
  18. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Only big time artists have the resources to fight for their rights. If a Taylor or Metallica wins, all artists stand to benefit.

Farmer Mike likes this.
  19. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

What does Kanye have to say about this?

20. thecdguy

thecdguy Forum Resident

It peaked at #4 in Billboard.

21. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Yes, CCR is usually the next artist to come to mind after thinking of Taylor Swift.

22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

if this horror keeps going on she may have to become a movie star...LOL.

23. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

That’s what makes new music exciting to me. I feel like each new generation’s art SHOULD be weird and unrecognizable to the last. Sure sign of progress.

ARK, Stone Turntable and Elliottmarx like this.
  24. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

Poor tay tay, thoughts and prayers.

25. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Rightfully so perhaps. I like it but I never bought into the rap that because it was a Beatles song it should automatically make it to #1.
    I'm not sure what song (s) kept it out of the top slot but they were probably more worthy. I think ' Mrs.Robinson' might have been around at that time. And maybe Bobby Goldsboro's 'Honey' too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.