Any Borders Coupons?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by yesstiles, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks!!

2. luckyman

luckyman Forum Resident

I got one last week, it seems they are starting to come around again. I also
    got a borders email recently that they are changing thr Rewards program to coincide with the calendar year for holiday purchases.

3. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

4. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Re: 30% off (11/02/06 - 11/05/06)

Interesting. I just got a coupon in my e-mail for 25% off with a $10 purchase. Why am I not good enough to get 30% off?

5. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

What does 30% off with purchase of $10 or more mean? Does it just mean the item has to cost at least $10, or do you have to buy a 2nd item that costs at least $10?

6. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Yes.

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I tried using that 30% off coupon today. I failed in my attempt. I could not locate my Borders card so assumed I could just get a replacement card. Well, that didn't work. They also couldn't look it up by phone number or email address since I didn't have the correct info. The coupon expires tomorrow. Don't know if I'll find the card by then.

8. paulg61

paulg61 Senior Member

Any new ones?

9. mtodde

mtodde New Member

I see these threads a lot. Have you thought about signing up for Borders Rewards? This way you can get the coupons in your email rather than hoping someone is nice enough to post them.

10. yesstiles

11. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

12. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Says 11/23/06

13. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

No longer expired.:D

14. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

15. yesstiles

16. stevef

stevef Senior Member

Borders should change the way this reads... I initially read it this way also, as have others.
    Just make it "30% off one item" and leave it be.

17. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

18. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

19. yesstiles

Actually, this never expires really because the exp. date is pushed back every day!

20. stevef

stevef Senior Member

Yes, and thankfully so.
    Borders has extended the expiration date on this same coupon several times, and likely will again over the next week or so.
    While Barnes & Noble... has NO coupon.

Borders will ask you to show them your Borders Rewards card when you present the coupon at checkout, but the Rewards card is free.
    (B&N's member card is $25 per year.)

The current expiration date for the Borders 30% OFF coupon is Dec. 15, 2006.

21. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I just used that coupon a few hours ago to buy a book. They didn't ask me for a Rewards card. It says nothing about Rewards on the coupon either. With my purchase I got a new coupon that was printed by the cash register that's good for 30% off valid 12/14 to 12/18. That cash register coupon does require a rewards card.

22. sbroache

sbroache Forum Resident

23. stevef

stevef Senior Member

I know... I realize that the coupon doesn't say Borders Rewards on it... still everytime I use the coupon they ask to see my Borders Rewards card.
    I asked *why*, and both times I received different replies.
    I didn't bother to press them about it because it just didn't really matter - I had the card, and it's free to anyone who doesn't.
    I also received another coupon with my receipt for another 30% OFF purchase to Dec. 18.

Steve

24. yesstiles

It's way better to use the Rewards Card, because if you spend at least $50 in a month, then you get a day of anything at 10% off (Personal Shopping Day) offered to you. You can use the 30% off coupon with it, so you end up getting as many things in the store you want for 37% off. Good deal! Plus you get 5% of any amount you spend back in a personal account. So in essence, with a Rewards Card and the coupons, you can buy anything at Borders for at least 40% off!

25. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Interesting. How does this extra credit of 10% get on your Rewards account (after the $50 in one month)? How is it tracked?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.