2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

- Love Me Do - USA
    - From Me To You- Norway
    - She Loves You - Greece
    -Can't Buy Me Love- Austria
    -A Hard Day's Night- Holland
    - I Feel Fine - Sweden
    -Ticket To Ride- Spain
    -Help!- Belgium
    - Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out - France
    - Yellow Submarine / Eleanor Rigby - Argentina
    -Strawberry Fields Forever/ Penny Lane- Denmark
    - All You Need Is Love - Germany
    -Hello Goodbye-Brazil (fake cover)
    -Lady Madonna- Japan
    - Hey Jude - South Africa
    - Get Back - Portugal
    - The Ballad Of John and Yoko - Mexico
    -Something- Israel
    - Let It Be - UK

2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  3. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

That’s stupid crazy!

marklamb, DK Pete and mrjinks like this.
  4. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I sold my original LCTE picture sleeve 20 years ago for $1000, which I thought was a decent price back then. I guess I'll have to be happy with my $20 repo from now on.
    I wonder how much that sleeve would've sold for if the seller wasn't Perry Cox? He sure gets top dollar for his stuff. More than just about anyone else would selling the same item.

5. mrjinks

Tell us the story - how did you manage to acquire an original in the first place? I’m sure everyone reading this thread would like to know!

6. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I obtained mine from a fellow Beatles collector/dealer who knew someone at Warner Bros at the time and was lucky enough to acquire a few back in the early 80's.

mrjinks likes this.
  7. Could you enlighten me? I have no idea who Perry Cox is and no idea why this picture sleeve goes for crazy money. Were there like only 5 of them made?

8. jamiesjamies

jamiesjamies Forum Resident

I would imagine that the box will be a flip top with a slip cover, like the LP boxes, perhaps red and yellow in colour. Like you say it will be huge and heavy! That’s why I thought a carry case with a handle would have been good, and very 60’s! But perhaps such a set might not be realistic in terms of production costs. I myself am doubting coloured vinyl too. I have asked the question a few times but nobody has given and info as to whether they might be coloured. It’s all very exciting though and I can’t wait for the announcement!

BlueJay likes this.
  9. mrjinks

Perry Cox literally “wrote the book” on Beatles record values.
    [​IMG]
    He’s updated it several times, and is ebay’s most notable Beatles seller (on commission). If you have an eBay account you should save him as a “favorite seller” just so you can watch his sales - amazing stuff.
    perrydcox on eBay
    [note: perhaps he’s on summer break now - only a few active auctions - but he usually has 25-75 items up each week.]

And yeah, there were probably < 100 of this sleeve - easily the most collectible sleeve in the Beatle world.

10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I still can't believe that this Perry Cox character has the gall to ask for an extra $10 for shipping when the picture sleeve is selling for more than $6000.

11. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Yes, this (unreleased Yellow Sub EP) would be really ideal as an RSD release - a natural!

...as would the unreleased 1984 collection “Sessions” (i think all the tracks are already legit released) and / or Glyn Johns’ “Get Back” acetate.

Or, maybe Apple could just give us another box set of 4 randomly-selected 45s instead...

(Sorry for digression.)

Colinjpush, DK Pete and MPLRecords like this.
  12. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Only a few more left. I do not see Italy yet, so that is probably going to be included. Any other likely countries?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  13. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

[​IMG][​IMG]

astronauta likes this.
  14. dsdu

15. dsdu

16. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

If you have the 1 album, there's a poster with tons of sleeves on it. Surely all (or most) of these sleeves for the singles box will just be drawn from the ones already featured in 1. Why would Apple do extra research and archiving and design to use different sleeves, most of the singles are already covered (no pun intended) in the 1 album art?

daveidmarx likes this.
  17. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

If they can sell out the Travelers Edition of Egypt Station, they could definitely justify a carrying case styled box!
    [​IMG]

18. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Yes, you can reconstitute Sessions using the three Anthology albums plus Christmas Time Is Here Again from the "Free as a Bird" single. I'm not sure if all the mixes would be the same. Also, the Anthology 3 version of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" would have been the B-side to "Leave My Kitten Alone," so you might as well stick that on as a bonus track.

19. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Don’t laugh.

India:

[​IMG]

The Philippines:

[​IMG]

And there’s more where those came from...

20. letmerollit

letmerollit Forum Resident

So should the title of the box be changed to
    Beatles EU Singles Collection? :)

21. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

It seems that Anthology and Giles’ deluxe editions used Emerick’s Sessions mixes wherever possible.

22. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Good points! Cox does get top dollar. He’s probably the most reputable Beatles memorabilia dealer in the US, if not worldwide.

ronbow, vinylbeat and MPLRecords like this.
  23. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

And I'd be happy to buy that if it happens since it's my favorite album!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  24. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Which Sessions mixes has Giles used? There were no Sessions tracks on the deluxe Pepper. On the deluxe White Album, Giles used the unedited, unfaded "Not Guilty" and alternate takes of WMGGW and WTNMJ.

25. KirkK

KirkK Senior Member

I’m not aware of any of Emerick’s Sessions mixes being on the deluxe editions. Can you name an example? Anthology was full of them, but I thought the deluxe editions either use vintage 60s mixes (like the upcoming ‘69 mix of “Come and Get It” or some of the early mixes on Pepper) or new mixes for all the sessions items. Heck, aside from the aforementioned “Come and Get It” and “Not Guilty” (which was newly mixed and complete on the White Album box) there aren’t any other tracks from Sessions on those boxes.

Edit - SJB beat me to it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.