Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I don't blame any single Beatle for the breakup of the group or anything that transpired during their time together as a band. I was lucky enough to live through Beatlemania when I became a fan in 64 and watch them evolve as a group. They were very young men when they started and had experiences that few people have lived through, if anyone. I'm glad they went out on top with Abbey Road. Their breakup was decades ago, it's all water under the bridge, and we're fortunate to still have 2 surviving members still with us.

2. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Looking at John my guess is it was about their trousers.

jmxw likes this.
  3. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Not gonna lie, I'm going to make a two-track playlist when this comes out with Track 1 "Here Comes the Sun" and Track 2 "Come and Get It." The A and B side of The Beatles single that SHOULD have been in November 1969 ;)

4. jeighson1

jeighson1 Forum Resident

The fun police is on duty!

5. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Spontaneous and unexpected surprises are much more fun than advance notice "surprises" leaked illicitly. (The fun judge has spoken.)

6. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Y'know, once Giles has gotten a significant amount of remixing done, Apple and Harmonix oughta strike a few deals and get an expanded version of The Beatles: Rock Band out. Think of what that 2009 game would sound and look like with the technology of 2026!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  7. WildHoneyPie

WildHoneyPie Here's a autobiographical song for ya

As someone who loved playing Beatles: Rock Band, I would adore a sequel. Maybe as extra content for the supposed game you would get access to Free As A Bird/Real Love.

8. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Is Rock Band still a thing?

9. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Heck if I know. I only ever bought The Beatles.

EDIT: Looks like they have Rock Band releases in development, and the latest release - Rock Band VR - came out in 2017.

RAJ717 likes this.
  10. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

Yup.

Look at that scowl...oh wait.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yorick, omikron, jmxw and 20 others like this.
  11. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

It was a sunny day in August, and they were standing outside in suits for 3 hours. George in a black felt hat, as well, with long hair and a beard. Had to be hot. I wouldn't be smiling the entire time either.

12. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

If I was with John, Paul, George, and Ringo for 3 hours in ANY weather, I would have been smiling for the whole time. In fact, that smile would have never left my face ever. ;)

13. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

Like the one on your photo?

TonyClifton63, Bern and Arnold Grove like this.
  14. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Or Ringo's collar being "bunched up", that appears to be what Paul is "fixing"...……...

15. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

I think it's also worth remembering that there wasn't much smiling going on in Astrid Kirchherr's photos. The goofy stuff only started when they were viewed as a cute pop band, and by the time of Abbey Road they no longer wanted to play into that.

16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

17. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Another fave pic from 1969...…………….

[​IMG]

The Fabs sitting against the fruits of their labor...…..John's white "roller"!

Paul's "lets write a swimming pool" line applies here....lets write a Rolls Royce!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    omikron, marmalade166, AFOS and 8 others like this.
  18. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

A few of the older folk in the movie were pretty cool about the concert, one fellow calling them cracking. For years being an American, I thought he was criticizing them.:D

Beatle Ed likes this.
  19. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

When you forget to turn the flash off during playback.. lol
    [​IMG]

20. Almost human-like.

21. Norman garriock

Norman garriock Forum Resident

:goodie:I absolutely love The Ballad of John and Yoko single. The fact that John and Paul got together and hammered that one out during such a period of supposed animosity and built a powerful statement of unanimity makes me smile every time I hear it. Now we are getting a tiny window into that session: this is the reason I love these releases. :goodie:

22. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Wingsfan2012 and MoonPool like this.
  23. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Slight left hand turn... I attended viewings of Scott Freiman's Deconstructing The Beatles - Abbey Road Sides 1 & 2 this week:

Deconstructing The Beatles - Abbey Road S2

These were heavy-duty - 4 hours of multitrack analysis of the album, (with in-person Q&A) plus the Ballad of John & Yoko / Old Brown Shoe single. Some I knew, much I didn't know. I really recommend searching viewings out - outstanding work.

I didn't think I could overload on The Beatles, but I learned I have limits! Thank goodness I have recovery time before the box arrives :)

24. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

They seem more indifferent then anything.

RAJ717 and Derek Slazenger like this.
  25. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

As someone wisely stated earlier in the thread George is happy because he knows it's almost over :) Still it's nice to see photos from that shoot where they look genuinely happy. John Yoko and George looking happy in the same photo- what are the odds!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.