Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Forum Resident

So...people bought the CD for the actual CD and not the artwork/packaging?

I mean, I’ve been a vinyl guy for more than a decade now, but I’m not a Luddite and will utilize downloads and other digital media if that’s the only/best route for getting the music into my brain, because at the end of the day it’s about the music above all else. But I’ve also always appreciated the extra effort that goes into the experience of a new Tool album so I sprang for the CD. I would have just paid for an HD download and waited for the vinyl to be released if it wasn’t for the elaborate packaging. I plan on buying the vinyl when it’s announced, as well, so color me a dips**t. I figure they only release an album about every decade so I can splurge.

I guess I’m just amazed at how grumpy people are over this release. Lighten up, Francis. (that’s not directed at anyone in particular; mostly just an excuse to quote Stripes)

Frankly, I’m stoked for next Friday. I hope the album kicks major ass and wish everyone the best as we all experience it together. And I hope those who are unhappy can find a way to enjoy the album, or at least find a way to level out. Life’s a bear, but we need to enjoy what we can when we can, and music is a wonderful escape.

2. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Well said! Bring on the 30th!!!!

3. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

Where from? Qobuz?
    I have had lots of problems with HDtracks lately and their customer service STINKFISTS! Their download never shows up in the manager and all they do is refund my initial purchase but they can't troubleshoot the problem. -----> Main reason I bought the CD to be perfectly honest.

4. gudnoyez

gudnoyez Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure those of us that pre ordered the deluxe CD are aware of what we're getting, and could give a rats azz about the whiners that didnt, they really need to go troll another pre order thread. I agree the 30th can't come soon enough.

5. Likely HDtracks, yeah. I haven't had these problems myself and I've never used their customer service. Sorry you're going through that.
    It's more than a shame your US$17.99 only gets you ONE download of the thing, since errors in transfer happen.
    Be more trustworthy if they had a library service, but that's not what they do.
    Probably will look at Quboz, now that I think about it.
    Regardless, I'm getting those 96/24 files on the day.

pexie, Roberto899 and eric777 like this.
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

You can download how many times you want and at any time with Qobuz, either through your browser or with their app.

pexie likes this.
  7. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

No one is trolling - at least I am not. Just pointing out some aspects that we are dissapointed with. Or has it got to the stage where no one can comment on a Tool thread unless it is slavish adoration and approval of every move they make?

8. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

What about the people that didn't get a preorder in because they made about ten copies for sale, are they whiners too?

St. Troy likes this.
  9. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

The topic has been a bit repetitive in regards to the CD release. Some people are commenting as though the missing segues might possibly ruin their year. I’m frustrated with the lack of vinyl release information but that will in no way have any impact on my enjoyment of the actual music.

Absolutely. It didn’t exactly sell out in minutes let alone hours.

Here’s a link for people that gave up or just don’t want to put in the effort.

Tool - Fear Inoculum CD + 4” HD Screen + 2W Speakers August 30 2019 Pre-order

10. ghostnotes

ghostnotes Wish you were here.

I think we owe a round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe - RockyRacoon.

11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I've heard one song so far and I thought it was really good. A cleaner sounding production wise, but still very interesting.

St. Troy and GentleSenator like this.
  12. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

okay, we get it....you don't like what they are offering...so don't buy it and bug off already....

all the complainers here are really taking the last little bit of fun out of the anticipation for the new album...my god!

you don't like what they are offering? great....MOVE ON and go spend your time doing something else then, the constant whining is way past the point
    of being entertaining now....jesus!

so many people here sound like a bunch of entitled little brats.

13. MechanicalAnimal6

no.........you don't say......

St. Troy likes this.
  14. ghostnotes

ghostnotes Wish you were here.

It's just really ironic to see complaining about missing segues when, at least in my circle of people throughout my life (not sure about anyone else), the segues are always what inspired the most bitching about the band's albums.

Makes SHTV all the more endearing I suppose. :D

15. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

This guy and his attitude have pretty much ruined this thread.
    The entitled consumer thing . . . it's like hearing spoiled children talk about what they want for Christmas, ugh.
    TOOL are great Pop artists, high Pop Art. It's their album and if you want to join them on this new journey put your expectations away and take the ride they're offering.

16. MechanicalAnimal6

I was told 100,000 copies of this album were made, if people weren't quick enough, then that's on them, it was announced and made to order in a decent amount of time.

Roberto899 likes this.
  17. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Listening to the title track streaming. Love it. Can't wait! So no pre-orders for the vinyl version?

18. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

Direct Audio gave me a 12/15/19 date for the vinyl release. Not sure how accurate it is just yet.

pexie likes this.
  19. malcolm reynolds

Lots of "I got mine, screw everyone else" in this thread.

Crimson jon, dadonred and St. Troy like this.
  20. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

I'm really hoping this was posted ironically, Mal.

There were a number of posts throughout the course of this thread where people posted different organizations selling this thing in an effort to be helpful.
    What would you have had people do? Boycott the release en masse until the label either made more available or lowered the price?

I'm dumbfounded here....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Admerr, eric777, EricMack and 2 others like this.
  21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Damn, what a day this is going to be. I’m imagining Babymetal sharing the day with Tool and Korn. What a great time to be alive.

[​IMG]

Stormrider77 and gd0 like this.
  22. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

I absolutely agree with you there. I just hope that when release day comes the rest of the thread is all about the music and packaging impressions. Until then, I guess this thread isn't that interesting.

23. malcolm reynolds

Nope, I got my copy ordered and the same for my brother but I still think it is pretty stupid that anyone who might want the CD doesn't have the chance past 24 hours. And as for all of those links that aren't amazon we will have to actually wait and see if anyone gets anything.

St. Troy likes this.
  24. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

I respect your right to the opinion that it's stupid, Mal, I do, but, you made that quite clear two weeks ago now. This isn't about the desecrating the sanctity of Tool here, either; differing opinions are one thing, but this? Repeatedly? Incessantly? How is continually reiterating the same point altering the situation?

Bought it...didn't buy it...canceled it, didn't cancel it....None of us are that important...Who cares? Make your point, state your position, and move on.

Admerr, groovelocked, eric777 and 5 others like this.
  25. MechanicalAnimal6

BEST THING I'VE READ ALL DAY....MAYBE EVEN ALL WEEK

THANK YOU ONEWAY23 !!!!

BIG-JG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.