Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

I literally posted a live preorder link earlier today in response to you. If someone wants it bad enough, scroll up, click the link and buy it. People have had plenty of opportunities far past a 24 hour window.

2. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

Maybe we should create a separate thread next week that only discusses the music. And leave this thread for package discussion and complaining ;)

3. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

I'm just happy to be acknowledged by anyone sporting a Bowie avatar :righton:

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  4. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Great notion. All for it

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  5. ghostnotes

ghostnotes Wish you were here.

Well I'm the man and you're the man and he's the man as well...

MyOwnWorstEnemy and GodShifter like this.
  6. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Forum Resident

Anyone who wants to listen to this can do so via digital download or streaming on August 30th. There are also still live links to pre-order the limited edition CD, and I'm sure local shops will be getting a copy or two. Anyone complaining because they missed out just sounds like a petulant child at this point.

This...1000x this. oneway23, you speak the truth.

Now, can we move on from this nonsense and discuss what matters? Here's an image that was posted on another site. I can't verify its authenticity.
    [​IMG]

Admerr, eric777, Boswell and 3 others like this.
  7. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

The person who posted that pic was also posting in other threads, as well. They later posted a bigger pic of the inside of the warehouse.
    I presume they work for an Amazon fulfillment center

8. RockyRaccoon

This was embedded in an article about the artwork that was linked a few pages back, but I thought it might be worth posting by itself. I didn't realize Alex Grey didn't meet the band (Adam) until 1999.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  9. RockyRaccoon

I hope that's not my copy he's opened!

10. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

And I for one thank you; just ordered it.

eric777 and Admerr like this.
  11. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Egads! Someone actually thrilled to have ordered the new Tool album.....We found them, folks!! We finally found them!!!

Welcome, Madness...

12. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I’ve never used HD Tracks but was considering using them for this; are you saying that if your download from them fails, you’re screwed? That would be a deal-breaker.

13. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

LOL !! Love your sense of humor!

Hey, i'm HAPPY to have pre ordered not 1 but TWO copies of the new album. I plan on keeping 1 sealed for collect-ability.
    It's the people that whine about the price and what you get or don't get...those people need to just stop their constant whining already.
    I mean are we supposed to be sorry for you that the band didn't specifically cater to your needs??

If so....then here's a tissue for your issue....i think you may need a diaper change soon and a good ol' fashioned nap.

EricMack and oneway23 like this.
  14. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Unusual choices drive unusual responses, guys. Yell “shut up” all you like, but their unprecedented presentation was worth mentioning.

Enjoy!

15. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I dunno about that, but when I had a problem with an HDTracks album I bought, they took care of the issue. Other retailers like 7digital and the Tidal download store were extremely slow to respond.

St. Troy likes this.
  16. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Is HD Tracks likely to make it known prior to Friday if they will have FI?

17. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

I think they usually post upcoming releases for the week on their social media a day or two prior. User jmacvols does a great job keeping that info in the Hi-Res Download News thread

St. Troy likes this.
  18. Fantomas

Fantomas Member

What if the 1 CD is better than the 2 CD version?

What if the 2 CD is better than the 1 CD version?

What if the best song of the album is the single and the rest of the album sucks?

What if they need to sell first the limited edition to be able to press regular and vinyl versions?

There is no reason to sell just one variant and later the other, your are losing a great opportunity to sell more copies, after the album is release a lot of people are not gonna buy the album.

19. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

I think much of (not every comment in) this thread is a fairly good litmus test for why Maynard hates Tool fans, no? I don't need your opinions to confirm this.
    Anyway, cancelled my limited edition order Wednesday and will be looking forward to the entire work that is the new album via 24-Bit 96.0 kHz Qobuz download upon release day.

If anyone is curious and interested in a more hassle-free download process : Album Fear Inoculum, TOOL | Qobuz: download and streaming in high quality
    I have personally had bad experiences with HDtracks customer service just writing me off and not even being remotely helpful though as always - YMMV....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  20. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Differences between qobuz and HD Tracks?

21. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I’m pretty sure it will be there.

St. Troy likes this.
  22. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

What do you mean?

23. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

At this point I’m considering both, but have experience with neither, so I’m wondering what the differences might be between them. I’m interested in high quality files that are compatible with iTunes.

eric777 likes this.
  24. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I believe both offer AIFF format (and WAV) for download which are both compatible with iTunes playback

St. Troy likes this.
  25. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Thanks.

Any differences in service, ease of use, etc.? At this point, I don’t even know what I don’t know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.