Marvel (MCU) Phase IV

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jul 21, 2019.

1. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Didn't see it. I've only watched a couple of Spiderman and the first Iron Man. I haven't see the entire MCU.

So far, the only Marvel I really like was the Deadpool movies.

Tried watching the different Netflix series; I liked the Punisher. The others I gave up on after 2-3 shows.

2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Supposedly the Doctor Strange sequel is going to be moving towards a horror film; a great place to backdoor in the new Blade (much like Spiderman and Black Panther in Civil War).

Apparently there's also a Morbius the Living Vampire movie coming from Sony; another angle that could be wrapped into the Blade story.

Stormrider77 and alexpop like this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

SLJ is no spring chicken though looks 20 years younger. The Captain Marvel eyepatch story i thought was a little silly.

melstapler likes this.
  4. alexpop

He needs to do more than having a magic cape and making twirly motion with his hands.

melstapler likes this.
  5. alexpop

Think Wesley Snipes must be abit miffed he didn’t get the BlackPanther role.

6. alexpop

Black Widow( May 2020).

Didn’t she die in Endgame?

I think it’s a bit late in the game for her to get her own film, maybe five years ago.

melstapler likes this.
  7. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Prequel/Origin Story.

8. alexpop

Five years ago, si.

Who’s interested in Black Widow now.
    No super powers. Good little fighter I guess.

9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

lol. I was thinking something similar. Gal Gadot as Thor? Sure I'd buy that. But Natalie Portman? Hmm...the hammer looks at least half the size of her (she's what 5 something?)

However, other male actors have done some serious working out to beaf up for their roles so maybe she can pull it off and the suit will help to add bulk as well and they can just make the hammer smaller. I'm in though, it'll be interesting.

melstapler likes this.
  10. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Gadot already has her franchise. Portman is only 5'3. Jaimie Alexander (5'9) would have been a better choice IMO. Gwendoline Christie (6'3) would have been best (again IMO).

The Pinhead likes this.
  11. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I'd love to see a Black Widow movie. Ever seen a James Bond movie? Pretty boring all that lack of super powers, huh? And those Godfather movies? Pfft. Had to let all those machine guns do the work. Wimps.

12. alexpop

We’ve already had Red Sparrow, that will do me for a brr cold war film.

13. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

If they can give Ant-Man the height of a five year old or make him look 60 feet tall, then they can probably use some movie magic to make her look 6’5.

dmiller458 likes this.
  14. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Something I would like and won't do as tv series
    Werewolf by night comic series from the 70's
    and tomb of dracula another comic book series
    from the 70's it had great stories..
    But disney won't do it..

15. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Or Simon Garth from Tales of the Zombie.

16. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

If Blade makes a gazillion dollars, they will probably consider a Ghost Rider reboot.
    If that also makes a gazillion dollars, they will probably grant you your wish and have character crossovers. :)

Stormrider77 likes this.
  17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Video from the D23 Disney Event.

alexpop and BeatleJWOL like this.
  18. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Very, VERY surprised that video and channel haven't been nuked from orbit yet.

19. alexpop

Still not convinced.

20. alexpop

Maybe Chris Evans will morph into another Comic hero he’s already played the Human Torch & Captain America ...what next Wolverine? :)

melstapler likes this.
  21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Kevin Feige further pulled back the curtain on Phase 4 on Saturday, with footage from 'Black Widow'.

Marvel Studios kicked off its D23 presentation with some news. After some playful banter in which Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige tried to cajole Black Panther filmmaker Ryan Coogler into revealing the title or the first act for Black Panther II (working title), the writer-director revealed the sequel will open May 6, 2022.

Feige also revealed that Kit Harington, who played Jon Snow for eight seasons on Game of Thrones, has joined The Eternals. Harington will play Dane Whitman, who in the comics is the superhero Black Knight. Harington is nominated for outstanding lead actor Emmy for the final season of Thrones, which wrapped in May, and his former Thrones co-star Richard Madden is among the cast Eternals.

Feige brought out the cast of Eternals, with Angelina Jolie getting a standing ovation. Feige confirmed Gemma Chan was joining the cast as Sersi. Chan appeared in the MCU earlier this year in Captain Marvel as the Kree warrior Minn-Erva.

Feige showed off a brief message from the cast of Black Widow, starring Scarlett Johansson. The prequel is from director Cate Shortland and opens May 1, 2020.

New footage, which has not been released online, had a vibe of Captain America: Winter Soldier meets Mission: Impossible — but with its lead characters taking plenty of shots of vodka. The footage opened with an extended fight scene between Natasha (Johansson) and Florence Pugh, who is revealed to be Natasha's sister. After the fight — which appears to be to the death — they make up and have a drink.

D23 comes one month after Feige unveiled Marvel's ambitious post-Avengers: Endgame slate at Comic-Con back in July.

After Black Widow, Marvel will pivot to Disney+, with Falcon & Winter Soldier, starring Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, serving as its first show on the streaming series. It's set to bow in fall 2020, and is followed by Eternals (Nov. 6, 2020), Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Feb. 12, 2021), WandaVision (Disney+, spring 2021), Loki (Disney+, spring 2021), Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness (May 7, 2021), What If…? (Disney+, summer 2021), Hawkeye (Disney+, fall 2021) and Thor: Love and Thunder (Nov. 5, 2021). Feige announced three new Disney+ shows Friday at D23: Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Moon Knight.

22. alexpop

Black Panther 2 ...in three years?

Hope they know what they’re doing. :)

melstapler likes this.
  23. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I feel be reading others comments here and youtube,,
    This is the beginning of the end of disney
    Super hero burn out will reach it's peak with these sub par characters

24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Moon Knight has me interested.

There's so many Marvel shows on Disney+ gonna have to watch 24/7 to keep up with all this stuff. Probably smarter not to get involved in first place.

25. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Depends where yr at I guess. I'm a 65 yr old comics geek but Ive never seen Smallville, Arrow, Flash, Defenders, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, never finished Jessica Jones, Agents Of Shield, and that's less than HALF of what I could list! When I was a kid, to have all this available would've been a mind-blower, now, not nearly so much. I've been pretty selective in my 'super-heroic' viewing for a long time, now, with this glut of product even more so!

Stormrider77 likes this.