Christmas Party With Eddie G

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TeacFan, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

Have had this in my collection for some time...I take it, this is an East Coast thing? Who is Eddie G & what is the back story on this release?
    Crazy album. Drives my older sister (64) Nutz!

2. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

Isn't he now one of the writers/producers of "Two And A Half Men"
    sitcom?

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

He's a guy who made Christmas mix tapes for years for his friends, many of whom are celebrities. These tapes got to be a big deal, with people hotly anticipating the next year's model. The tapes were made of mostly obscure Christmas/Holiday stuff, not the standard 30-40 tracks that appear everywhere. The Christmas Party CD that got released commercially (on Bob Dylan's Strikin' It Rich/Columbia imprint) is representative of the many unreleased tapes. I like it a lot because it's mostly under/never-heard stuff...

Kwad

4. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

He worked in the music / entertainment industry. I got dubs of about 6 of his annual mixes on cassette his method of circulation in the late 80s early 90s which is the era i got dubs of these.

I knew a guy he played cards with. His tapes are amazing and certainly even more fun than that cd, which is quite good. 99% of the stuff on them I've never heard before, yet they are all entertaining. I need to figure out a way to put these on cd someday.

5. tob

tob Forum Resident

He used to work with Charles Laquidara at WBCN, Boston.

He and Tom Couch did a lot of production and song parodies in the late
    70's/early 80's, before every morning "Zoo" program beat the concept to death. Most memorable for me...M's "Pop Music" turned into "Wop Music".
    Big hit in Boston's North End.

Eddie went to New York and worked with Penn and Teller. I believe he also had a brief appearance in the move "The Aristocrats".

Just some stuff...fun remembering...

--tob

6. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Eddie Gorodetsky also wrote for Saturday Night Live, SCTV Network, and currently works with Bob Dylan's Theme Ttime XM Radio show - you can hear the similarities between "Christmas with Eddie G." and the tracks list of Theme Time.

7. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Eddie is the producer of "Theme Time Radio". That's also him (masquerading as "Pierre Mancini") reading the closing credits every week.

8. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

That's interesting because I always see that Eddie G (however his last name is spelled), during the end credits and I wondered if it could be the same guy that did that Christmas CD! Monday nights "Two & A Half Men" Christmas show, was frickin' hilarious!

Chris C

9. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Eddie G also wrote the liner notes for the new Mighty Echoes CD, Doo Wop Around the Christmas Tree. If you ever wanted to hear how "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" and "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" sounded done by an a cappella street-corner-style vocal group, this is the CD to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.