Polk LSiM speakers 58% - 67% off..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by riverrat, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

If that's the case it's basically a giveaway.

2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

You can't go wrong on the 705's at these crazy low prices!

It is really good news to hear that they do plan on a replacement for the LSiM line.

I was afraid they were going to drop their higher end speaker lines.

3. displayname

displayname Forum Resident

Pictures of the new line are already circulating. They are called "Legend" and they have/had them at the Hong Kong High End show.

Jimijam likes this.
  4. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Got a link? :eek:

Jimijam likes this.
  5. displayname

Jimijam, Hymie the Robot and aroney like this.
  6. aroney

displayname likes this.
  7. displayname

I feel the same, but won’t judge them until I hear them.

8. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Oh my, if I found the correct picture of the new Polk speakers, it appears with their nice black utility finish, they would fit right in on a Best Buy lineup, could I have selected the wrong pic?

Below is the old, no longer manufactured LSiM 707 :agree:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And here is the NEW Polk speakers, I suppose??? :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    SandAndGlass and displayname like this.
  9. aroney

Nope, that's just the S50 - see the links above for the new Polks.

displayname likes this.
  10. displayname

The bottom pic on the Polk stand with the funky midrange driver is the new flagship I believe.

11. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

All has yet to be revealed and that's all I can say.

12. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

These are the new Polk Audio speakers.

aroney and displayname like this.
  13. Litejazz53

F1Nut threw me for a loop saying these were not the new speakers, I kept looking everywhere for them. Since I just purchased the old, discontinued LSiM 707s and 703s, I was just wondering if it was a good move, I am happy with the decision to move on the discontinued speakers. Their new speakers look very nice indeed, certainly a complete departure from the old LSiM series. Now for the surprise, the price of new technology? Would anyone like to guess on the price of these new speakers? I bet F1Nut already knows, but he ain't saying. :righton:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  14. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

I don't recall saying the speakers in that photo were not the new speakers.

I do know, but I cannot say. Not to worry, it won't be long before everyone knows.

Litejazz53 and SandAndGlass like this.
  15. SandAndGlass

When the time comes, I hope that you will provide us with a comparison between the new Legend line and the old LSiM's.

The Polk display does appear to have brochures, presumably on their new speakers.

displayname likes this.
  16. aroney

Pretty sure we sort of know - with that photo and all that certainly appears to be a new line of Polks. ;)

I'm super happy with my 707 LSiM's though, and for my ears no "super tweeter" or any other mods are necessary.

Bit of a pain to move them out of my house and into my new apartment, but NO way was I leaving them behind with my soon-to-be ex-wife! :mad:

timind, bajaed and SandAndGlass like this.
  17. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

Oh dang! Been there!

aroney likes this.
  18. SandAndGlass

I'm confident that you made the right choice. :)

aroney likes this.
  19. Litejazz53

You are right, I thought it was you that said the picture was the S-50, not the new speakers, but it was aroney that said that, sorry about that mistake.:winkgrin:

20. Litejazz53

You are very right, the 707's are very nice with no additions, but for me, those super tweeters just sweeten the top end up so much, they are such an added pleasure! :agree:

21. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

No worries, I thought that might be the case.

22. HugDeez

HugDeez Member

I just purchased these on sale at Adorama:
    • (2) LSiM L707
    • (2) LSiM 703
    • (4) LSiM 702
    • LSiM 706c
    I really couldn't turn down how much speaker you get for the price paid. I realize these are likely on the last run before Polk moves to low to mid range products. I will be upgrading from the Polk Monitor 75T series. This should be a noticable upgrade for me. I also have (2) Dayton 1200 subs that will remain. Hopefully, I can pick up Monolith 12s when they go back on sale.

They will be powered by the Denon 4520CI that I have had for a few years now. Eventually, I will look into getting a separate amp if needed. Do you see issues with this for now?

My current house allows me to position the 703s for rears and the 702s as front highs and rear highs OR front highs and side surrounds. I realize this isn't optimal and I do not have Atmos decoding in the 4520CI.

I mainly scooped the 702s up for future proofing as they are discontinued. The next receiver and setup will be ready for Atmos. Would I be losing anything by choosing the 702s over more 703s assuming my space allows mounting of either? Would really appreciate your input!

23. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

You couldn't be more wrong.

Yes, the 707's need a power amplifier. However, if you set them to small and keep the volume level reasonable you will get by until you add a power amplifier.

24. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

Love the Polk sound, I had two pairs of I want to say LS-90’s years back,
    Hooked up to a Sansui 9090db.

Wife trusted her friend to watch the house, she had a party,and some YO YO music was played at very high volumes, the little sansui just couldn’t keep up, and blew 8 of the 16 drivers as well as 3 tweeters.
    Negligence and absolute disrespect towards my audio gear. Never recouped anything...

Ended up selling a pair of empty cabinets, and salvaged 1 pair and gave to my cousin, who is even a bigger Polk audio fan than I. Free of charge for him, he still uses them, and loves them!
    I upgraded. (To me) to a pair of Energy RC-70’s.
    I’m not a fan of high treble, the polks were stellar, and so are my rc-70’s.

With the Energy’s tweeters rolled off I think about 600hz or MHz, or whatever it is, they are a very warm,speaker, not making my ears hurt!or molars bite down, they are hard to get accustomed to after a long hiatus of listening, as I have to get used to the rolled off highs. After 30 min of Gary Moore, or Motörhead all is right with the world.

I miss those LS-90’s still. A great speaker!

25. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

The LS 50 is one of me all time favorites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.